How to incorporate Cathe Ice Workouts into 5K training

Roxysam

I was wondering if you have any suggestions on how to incorporate the Ice workouts into training for my first 5K run/jog.

I tend to just do the strength workouts and then use running for cardio. How many days per week are you running? And how long have you been using Cathe workouts? I run 5-6 days per week. I tend to do a leg workout on the same day as a run. As a beginner, this may not be a good idea. With ICE, this week I have been using the muscle meltdowns each day after a run. With Ripped with Hitt, I tended to do the upper body workouts on the days I wasn't running and then would do the legs workout on a run day.

If you have a somewhat flexible schedule, you could do something like: run, upper body, lower body, rest/yoga/core, repeat. This would not fit neatly into a week, but would spread the running & lower body work out.

Thanks for the info. I'm a beginner, looking to do my first 5K. I'm currently trying to run 4 days a week. The idea of a muscle meltdown afterwards sounds like a good way to go. I could then incorporate one of the low impacts with a core workout and round out the week with a total body or yoga routine. Thanks again

Don't forget some sort of lower body. I haven't done To the Mat yet, but I think it is going to be a nice compliment to running.

I still consider myself a beginner, I've run (either walk/jog or jog very slowly) 3 5K's. I have some knee issues so my body couldn't and still can't taking running more than twice a week. That being said, what also helped me with my runs/performance was doing two leg days per week. One being standing legs with more emphasis on glutes than legs and another day of floor work. I would sometimes incorporate these in the same day instead of separate days. I also made sure I did yoga once a week. I fit in upper body when I could either with splits, a single full day of upper body or tacking on individual body parts. My other workout day was a free cardio day which I would alternate each week and do a long walk and then the following week do an interval/HiiT workout. I have signed up for my first 10K in April, as a walk/jog. My knees won't allow me to run that full distance and I've just accepted that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.