How to design a Cathe rotation?

sunsdaughter

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and fans!
I'm trying to figure out a rotation to do for the next 4-6 weeks to increase lean muscle mass and achieve that really cut/lean look. (think Jai in Crossfire and TTM). Any ideas on how to structure this rotation? (how much HIIT work vs steady state cardio vs heavy weights vs light weights?) I have a ton of Cathe workouts that I use almost exclusively.
Lately, I feel like my workouts have been Kind of random and I'd like to structure them more....
I don't really like steady state cardio and I am getting more and more into strength training and heavy weights. I'm not really trying to lose weight (well, if I lost 5 lbs, I wouldn't complain :)....my diet is also extremely clean (I'm a pretty hardcore vegan, about 50% raw). Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!
Thanks!

have you tried cathe's rotations that are on this site? i like making up my own, too, and planning out the month. will be curious to see what people come up with:). wanted to say good luck, and nice to see another vegan cathlete!

Thanks Katied! I have looked at the rotations on the website, but I'd like to try my hand at designing my own. :)
I'm also curious to see what responses this thread generates...

Hi Sundaughter,

I would go for high reps weight program, at least for 4-6 weeks then change. light to moderate weight. Hiit is the first cardio choice to loose fat and get cuts in the process. If you are trying to loose weight and have healthy strong knees i advise you go for Hiit, Maximum 3 times per week. You can do high impact Hiit twice and low impact Hiit once depending on your fitness level and depending whether or not you have joint issues. How many time do you want to workout per week, how long have you been working out? Your rotation depend on the time you want to commit to the program.

I am not a fitness expert. My suggestion is based on my knowledge and what I have personally experienced.

Hope this help,
All the best,

xxx

Hi!! Thx for your suggestions!!

So, a typical week for me now would be something like this:
Monday: HIIT 40/20 + max intensity strength
Tuesday: intensity (+/- Bootcamp bonus)
Wednesday: to the max or crossfire (+/- extreme)
Thursday: IMAX 3
Friday: drill max or one of the ones from hardcore extreme
Saturday: to the max or crossfire (whichever one I didn't do earlier in the week)

So, not a lot of weights...I recently got the gym style series bc I want to focus more on strength training. I'm a bit cardio'd out. :) I think I'll continue to do HIIT workouts since they're more bang for the buck....

Thoughts?

uh...that is a tough rotation Sundaughter hein...it is very good.

I would not workout for longer than an hour or a hour and 1/2
Do you workout morning and evening? Also I would slot in a weight between cardio and circuit you have listed above. If you want to gain cut and lean mass, add in DVD such as power hours, muscle max my first cathe's dvd love it, High reps.

A complete INTENSITY makes you burn a lot of calories and, in my opinion it has got an afterburn. If it was me I would have pure lifting high reps or minimal reps heavy the day after. Have a yoga the night before cause you are going to be sore. I have to find time to do yoga more often as well. I never miss stretches at the end of each session though. It is crucial.

If you decide to go with your rotation, see how your body respond and adjust eventually. Be careful cause you do not want to overtrain.

What is your goal? if you do not mind me asking.
Your rotation is similar to what I would design.

interesting, let's wait and hear from other feedbacks :). Overall it seems challenging but it is a pure cardio routine, in my opinion.

xxx

Last edited:
Thanks for your insight!! I still haven't "designed" my rotation, but I'm definitely focusing on weight training over cardio. I'm considering doing STS....if I ultimately come up with a rotation, I'll post it! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.