how to count reps of STS ex #690 standing Barbell Front Press 21's

ladubose

Cathlete
How do I count the reps of the STS exercise #690 standing Barbell Front Press 21's so I can enter it into the 1RM? Is it one set for 7 up, 7 half way up and 7 full? Of 1 rep for each range? Or total of each time the barbell moves?

Thanks!

#690 1RM test

When I did the 1RM test (still have to do legs!) I just followed what Cathe
suggested in the workbook. Pick your weight for each exercise you want to test that you think you can do about 10 times with good form, then perform the exercise doing as many reps as possible. I had asked a question also about how much weight to put in for exercises using the barbell and a lady said to add all the weight plus the weight of the barbell, but I do not know how much my barbell weights and with just entering the weight amount I feel will hopefully be fine. I hope this helps. Good luck!!:
mhunt

Hi Laura, I'm not sure if your question is about the barbell or about the fact that she does 2 exercises in the demo (top 1/2 and then bottom 1/2). Since Mhunt answered the barbell, I'll answer the other part (which is where I got stuck as well). I just counted my top 1/2 reps & entered that. I'm not sure if it's right, but I figure It'd be in the ball park. I'm sure I'll find out when I get to disk 4 and am dying!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.