How old are you?

How old are you?

• Total voters
What are we considering "workingout", doing videos, and cardio machines, or do sports count too? Because really if we're counting sports, like softball, swimming on a team, dance lessons, and skiing then technically I've been working out for 23 years and I'm 28, almost 29. But if not then I'd say that I've been working out for 13 years, and for the past 4 years is when I got serious about my fitness. Well, in High school I was pretty serious too, but I was swimming for 2 hours a day and going to softball practice, and on the off season I was doing videos and going to the Gym. Then came college, and I fell off the band wagon, with a major bruise of a lot of fat gained. Hee, hee!

Kathy

Hi,

I'm 25 (about to turn 26) and found the Firm about two years ago when I realized that all the muscle I'd built in high school from swimming and running had said "bye bye". I was in denial for the longest time regarding the physical shape I was in. When I finally joined the nine to fivers (before then it had been 14-16 hour long days of school and multiple jobs) I realized that I had to do something. When I wasn't fitting into a size 14 like I used to (I wear clothes a few sizes bigger), I knew something was wrong. I saw the Trim Spa adds (pre Anna Nicole) and the Firm adds. Trim Spa costs over $200 for the whole system. The Firm cost maybe $100 AND I could utilize it forever. So, I got off my butt and went for it. The rest (and between 40 and 50lbs) is history. I found Cathe at the beginning of this summer, and although I was a big runner before then (between 5 and 6 miles every other day), I jumped right into Cathe and do her tapes almost every day. I see wonderful muscle definition (esp. in my arms and shoulders) and haven't sweated as much to anything else like I do to her tapes. Thanks Cathe and thanks message board - I just love hearing about everyone else's experiences and there are a lot of great pointers on the forums too!

db

Am 39, will be 40 in June. Have worked out since college, took weight lifting in college. When I got out of college and started working I went to a gym 3-5 times a week doing mostly cardio, hit the machines once in a while. The aerobics were WAAAYY too easy so that when someone from the gym told me about the firm, I bought a couple (at $50 a pop - WHEW!) and started with them and the Reebok step and a couple Reebok videos - go Gin Miller. Then collage video got me on to Cathe. Its been her ever since. Sorry Gin.

I try to exercise more times per week now than in my late 20's/early 30's because it seems I can't skip workouts like I used to...the weight shows up quicker x(

Sam

I'll be 30 in September but I've been working out since I was 21. However I was not really serious until about 3 years ago after baby #1 came along. All I can say is Thank God for Cathe. She is going to whip me back into shape after this baby too.

I am 24. I started working out 2 1/2 years ago after I had my son. It was when DS was 4 months old and I had to go to the beach due to invite of in-laws that I KNEW I could never be happy at that size and it wasn't good for me either. I started out with Claudie Schiffer's workouts, then moved onto the Firm. I started Cathe last year and love her!!! To bad I don't have a ton of extra cash or I would own all of her workouts by now! I am determined to make this a lifestyle to keep forever!

I'm 31, will be 32 in July. I plan to go home for a visit around my birthday and surprise everyone with a fit new me!

Nicollette :)

Just turned 40 in November and have been working out consistently for 18 years. Belonged to a gym for a while, home exerciser for 15 years. Tried Cathe 5 years ago and have been hooked ever since. Still mix in others very occasionally when I need a change of pace or a moderate workout. Always do a yoga or pilates tape one day a week and some treadmill work too. Otherwise it is all Cathe for cardio and weights. I have had excellent all over results and my endurance has improved dramatically.

Have fun!

Nancy

I'm 39 going to be 40 in August. I've been working out for about 20 years, on and off. Went back to school, had kids, supported hubby while he went back to school. Discovered Cathe 2 years ago and very serious now!!:7

I am 25 now and have been working out since 13 - soccer and dance and eventually into cross country and then Rugby in college. When I graduated, I found the Firm. I couldn't afford a gym membership so I jogged and worked out to the Firm, I just recently found Cathe and she is the BOMB }( }( }( }( }( }( She actually challenges me which is hard to find! I hope she continues to put out more videos!!!

I am 45 and have been working out very consistently since I was 23.
I started with Gilad, 20 minute workout and then with Kathy Smith cassettes, then Kathy Smith Videos, Jane Fonda, then The Firm and various workouts. Then....in 1994, I discovered Cathe (and gee, am I glad I did!), and have been doing her workouts as the base of my fitness schedule since!

Linda

51 till October - Worked out on and off during 20's and 30's. Been consistent for the last five years.

Mar

33 here. I have been working out for about 11 years -- really seriously for the last 5 or 6. Prior to that, I was the biggest couch potato ever and barely had any muscle at all.

I started working out for stress relief and weight reduction in college. I met a guy named Scott Steiger who got me interested in exercise. Thanks Scott!

Shonie

I'm 32. I have worked out to some extent since high school. I took up running 2 years ago, so that's when I got serious. Cathe has shown me the way with adding weightlifting to my workout now, about 7 months ago.

I am 31 years old, but physically look like a teenager! I can't belive I still get carded! Anyways, I have been working out consistantly for 5 years. I discovered Cathe about a year ago on FitTV but thought her workouts were too hard for me at the time. I gradually pumped my way up doing more cardio and weight training. In August of last year, I started doing Cathe on FitTV and decided to buy a bunch of her videos. Wow, what a difference 6 months made on my body doing Cathe's workouts. I can't believe I have abs (well, a little more defined than before), and my thighs and butt... rock solid! I can't wait for the Hardcore...just in time for bikini season!!:)

52 until August. Have been working out for about 20 years or so - but totally got into it with Cathe. I personally know women younger than I that have never worked out and have aches and pains that you wouldn't imagine. I guess, women today take care of themselves way better than women of my mom's generation.

Hey Debbie - so good to see a famiiar name - how have you been?

I'm 45 and I have been working out since I was in my early 20's.
I also wore "butt floss" leotards and leg warmers, back in the day
;-)

I am sure I was born a tomboy! I am 45 and started with Softball and Volleyball in my Sophomore yr of High School. I started running as a senior to help with my volleyball practices. Continued running and then added weight training in college. I started with Joannie Greggain's exercise show in probably my 20's. Then I got videos from Kathy Smith, Karen Voight, Gilad and then moved to the FIRM in the mid 80's. Started stepping in 1989 and finally found Cathe. I ran my 1st marathon in 1997 and running is still my first love. But Cathe's workouts are definitely second...so I've been exercising for about 30 years....:)...Carole

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.