How much/long cardio will be recommended w/ STS?

jonahnah

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

Hoping I'll catch you. Call me a cardio fiend, BUT it seems like many serious wt training programs (BFL for example) tell people they have to signifcantly cut back on cardio otherwise they will undermine their strength program. Even 4DS had shorter cardio routines to allow for max effort during the wt portions. Can you please give some idea of what your cardio recommendations will be for the STS program? Will the cardio recommendations vary based on the mesocycles? I love how great I feel while doing cardio (not just when it's over!) and worry that with STS I'll have to cut back significantly. Cardio is as crucial for my mental health as for my physical health--just ask my family--LOL! Any input would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Hi Jonahnah! If large amounts of cardio is very important to you, you should keep it part of your program. STS will offer cardio suggestions (and yes, the amounts will vary in each mesocycle), but in the end, the amount you choose to do is entirely up to you. Just as you've most likely made room for more cardio in your other weight programs, STS would be no different. Yes, to some degree it could interfere with your overall program-intended benefits, but you have your own very important reasons for keeping high volumes of cardio in your weekly program.... and I am not going to dispute you on that. We all exercise for different reasons and in the end you are the one who ultimately decides what you need, want, and will do.

If it helps you any, I mentioned in another thread that you can use STS exactly as intended (for the truest results) or deviate by using each of the challenging workouts in whatever order you like:)

Thanks for replying Cathe! I'm really glad to see that STS will be flexible enough to allow for individual workout preferences. As usual, you've thought of everything :)!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.