How much and how long?

RE: Update....................

Donna C glad to hear the issue seems to have taken care of its'self already. I know your relieved.

Just wanted to add that I'm with Honeybunch I never cut back on cardio when I do it seems to result in some small gains. Good thing I love cardio.

Edith

That is terrific, Donna. Thanks for the update. I know how encouraging it is to see that hard work is paying off.

I think all of us are in for a 'shock' with the intensity series.
-joy

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-02 AT 01:33PM (Est)[/font][p]Donna, I'm so glad you had much the same result I did! I, too, am going to stay with the heavy weights but will change from S&H to PS next week. I am upping my cardio to 4 days a week at 30-45 minutes a day, unless it's a pure cardio day in which case I'm going to try at least 45-50 minutes. When I switch to PS, I'm going to try a day of Circuit Max thrown in for one day of really mixing it up for me.

I have been keeping my food journal on fitday for 3 days now. Day one absolutely sucked but yesterday I kept it under 2000 calories. I would like to keep it closer to 1800-1850 but I just can't figure it out! But I won't give up!!! I will get to my goal weight by spring!

I'm ready to take the next step! http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/a_smil09.gif

dear Anna, I hear you! I have gained in thight from lifting and i have bosted my cardo now to every day for 30 minutes. i think i finally found what works for me. still doing slow and heavey series, but on the leg work doing higher reps ans lower weight seams to work for me hope any of this info helps. corybugg.

dear Anna, I hear you! I have gained in thight from lifting and i have bosted my cardo now to every day for 30 minutes. i think i finally found what works for me. still doing slow and heavey series, but on the leg work doing higher reps ans lower weight seams to work for me hope any of this info helps. corybugg.

Donna..

I laughed when you said the pounds fell off overnight. I kindof expected them too, because if you are doing everything right, it is kinda hard to gain 7lbs of fat that quickly..

Annette..don't you think that cutting the cardio would contribute to some water retention..more so than you are used to, since you are not sweating as much?? Donna said she went from 6 sessions to 4 and upped her weights so I really cannot say that I am suprised by the gain. But I CAN say that I would never be worried about it, especially after a week. But I know for Donna, she is making good progress scale wise and that is important to her..

I was suprised when you said you do 5 cardios a week..is that 3 land, 2 water as I recall or vice versa. Lets see..one is IMAX, and then your other hodge-podge with all the leg power moves, right? What is the third??

I have yet to try your leg workout. I have been losing steam for X-mas,er, from X-mas stress I guess.

I am curious, what do you think of creatine? It suprises me that you would not supplement with this, being so power oriented..

Donna... I am glad however to see that the #'s have returned to normal. I bet you will see great results..

Janice

RE: YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!

If you start focusing on heavy lifting, but do not create a calorie deficit you will gain muscle size and possibly a little fat. Don't worry about the scale right now, and your clothes will feel tighter because you are building bigger muscles yet you probably still have that layer of fat on top of them. Once Spring rolls around you can do a fat loss rotation and the fat will come off to reveil the beautiful muscles you built in the winter. Remember fitness competitors and bodybuilders have an off season to put on muscle and yes they gain a little bit of fat as well.

As far as the water weight poundage I'm not sure about that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.