How many risers do you use on the regular step workouts?

How many risers do you use on the regular step workouts?

• Total voters
RE: How many risers do you use on the regular step work...

1 set. I'm 5'01''. If I used two, I'd be tripping all over the place.

I use 1 set, Jes, but if I get tired I take them away. I found out the hard way to NOT leave them if I'm starting to trip or even if my shoe "scrapes" on the step surface. It means I'm getting ready to trip any minute!

If I tried to use 2 sets, I probably could most of the time, but if it results in just one injury, I'll lose my ability to work out at all, which certainly doesn't up my intensity!

Good to "see" you Jes!

Ruth

I have a Reebok step - 6" is the lowest height and I usually use that unless the choreo is really simple and/or I know it dead on and need/want a greater challenge. I'm a bit under 5'3".

Thanks to all of you for responding. i think i will continue to start out with 1 set and remove them as needed. one day at a freakin time!!!!

jes

ps. hey ruth baby! how are ya? good to see ya!
:D

It depends on which Cathe workout I am doing. I use 8 inches on the classic Cathes, CTX, Circuit Max, etc.

I use 6 in risers on "Step Blast", "IMAX 2", Rhythmic Step and "IMAX 3". The footworkd is just too intricate for me to do on an 8 inch step!

I am 5'1" -- I used to think that every person had to use an 8" riser but I am beginning to alter my thoughts on that.

Rhonda usually uses an 8 in step but she is tall and lanky in comparison to the other cast members whom I've met.

I love Charlene Prickett to death, but she uses a 10 in step on her advanced video "Crazy for Step" -- I can only use a 6 in step!

She must be very tall!

I'm glad you posted this. When I started, I bought the 'home' step that only came with one set of risers. I was thinking about buying another set of risers to see what it's like but now I'm not so sure. Being 46, I'm just so scared of injuring myself and losing what progress I've made thus far. Here I was thinking all this time that *everybody* was doing the routines on two risers. I guess I'm not alone then.

I used to use 2 sets of risers but then started using 1 when I saw Cathe posted about getting a good workout with just 1 set. Except for Lowmax, I only use 1 now. I feel more "dancy" that way & have more fun!

Marla

Hahaha

With my two left feet................NO risers

Infact! Sometimes NO step...............and I STILL manage to trip over myself

How sad am I?

Marion

You have to stay in shape. My Grandmother started walking when she was 60. Today she is 97 and we don't know where the hell she is! - Ellen DeGeneres

>I used to use 2 sets of risers but then started using 1 when
>I saw Cathe posted about getting a good workout with just 1
>set. Except for Lowmax, I only use 1 now. I feel more "dancy"
>that way & have more fun!
>
>
>Marla

When this thread came up, I searched for a thread/response from Cathe on this topic and didn't find one. Do you have the link? I was going to post a question to her on the Ask Cathe forum, but maybe she won't answer if she's already responded to a similar question (can't blame her- how annoying!) Anyway, thanks to anyone who can send me the link!

Kerrie

I use 1 riser (each side), but the only step workouts I have are some of the easiests: Basic Step, Step Heat, and Mega Step Blast.

I was just wondering about the same thing: how many risers others use and was thinking about doing a poll! I'm glad you did the job for me. LOL

Hi--

I usually use a 6 inch step, but for Low Max, Body Fusion, Cardio and Weights, SJP, and Power Max, I use an 8 inch step--I had to work up to it though.

When I first started stepping, my knees were so bad I stepped without a step, so just start where you are comfortable and work up when you can, if it's the right thing for your body.

Maggie

I use two sets on just about everything but Imax 3. I injured my calf before Christmas and had to work back up, starting with none. I found a huge difference on most workouts with just using one set. I didn't sweat nearly as much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.