How many calories are burnt?

che0013

Hi Cathe, I have posted a thread about this before. I'm just wondering how to know exactly (or even approximately) how many calories are burnt in each of your workouts.

The response I received was to go to the 'workout manager', and I did, but I don't really know how to use it? All I can find is how to create your own workouts....

Specifically, I'm wanting to know how many calories are burnt in the 'kickmax', and the 'body fusion' DVD.

Calories Burned

Calories burned for any type of workout depends on your body weight, height, age, sex, intensity of exercise, length of workout and your effort in performing the workout.

The Workout Manager can give you a rough approximation, but even when using the Workout Manager there can be a large degree of error because it cannot determine your effort or skill level.

To use the Workout Manager to determine calories burned you just need to do the following:

1. Click on the "Settings" icon and fill all of the required information.
2. Click on the "Home" icon and then click on the green "Enter My Daily Values" button and enter your body weight.
3. Click on the "Calendar" icon and then click on the "Add Workout" button in the right sidebar. Then select "DVD" from the first dropdown. Then select the DVD title from the next dropdown and then click save. (We have a video Tutorial called "Using the calendar" that will show you how to do this. Just click on the Tutorial icon to select this Tutorial).
4. When you return to the calendar click on the date you selected for your workout and then click on the "Show Details" button in the right sidebar and you will see approximately how many calories you will burn using this workout.

Thank you! I found what I was after!

Generally speaking, I try to put in as much effort as possible in terms of my arms and legs, and I do push myself.

One thing I will start doing is increasing to an 8inch step as opposed to 6 inch, and it may be more accurate. Thank you! : )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.