How many are planning on going to Cathe's reg Friday morning step class?

How many are planning on going to Cathe's reg Friday morning step class?

• Total voters

TAMARALEE

Cathlete
My roomie & I are coming in on Thursday so that we may take Cathes step class Friday morning. Wondering how many other's are doing the same. We want to go to Jai's restaurant for dinner Thursday night.

Definitely -- IF it's offered to RTers. Maybe the coordinators can chime in here once they know if Cathe will open it up to the early birds like she's done in the past. We CAN be a little over the top for all of her regulars to deal with, so I hope she'll still make it available.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

RE: How many are planning on going to Cathe's reg Frida...

I'll be there Friday morning! I'd forgotten about Jai's restaurant; what a great idea!

Linda

I'm hoping to, but not positive I'll be able to just yet. DH has to get Thursday off to stay with the kids so I can leave early. What a great idea to try to go to Jai's restaurant!

Lorie, do you think they might not want us there? I hope it's not a problem!

>Lorie, do you think they might not want us there? I hope it's
>not a problem!

No, I don' THINK so, but I haven't seen it verified yet (sorry if it was and I missed it.)

Technically the RT activities start with the meet and greet on Friday afternoon (see Cathe's announcement). In both '05 and '07 Cathe was kind enough to open up that Friday morning step class to early arriving RTers who wanted to attend, free of charge. (IIRC, you can still purchase a day pass and take any class - though I'm not sure about that.)

Cathe is a VERY humble, genuine, unassuming person (like we didn't know THAT). When I went in '05 I recall going into the locker room on Friday morning after that class and a woman asked if I knew why there were so many people there. I explained the Cathe RT and she had no idea what I was talking about, or that Cathe had this following, or had all of these DVDs. She just said "you mean the Cathe who teaches here?" Ummm ,yah!

But you can imagine our excitement when Cedie came in, and shortly thereafter Cathe. The squeals, the screams, the cameras flashing, as her regular class members were waiting for the class to start. As I said, we can be a bit over the top.

So, no, I don't THINK at all that they may not want us there. I am hoping that the word again comes down that that Friday a.m. class will be opened up to earlybird RTers free of charge. I'm planning on going in at least on Thursday, even if I have to pay to take that class! I just meant that I hope it will again be opened to us. Hopefully the coordinators can verify for us as we all start to make our travel plans. Can't wait till july my friends!

Lorrie

If it's ok for us to go I promise to leave my camera at the hotel & put tape over my mouth as to not squeal. Can't promise no jumping though.

If not, will we all be standing outside the glass just staring w/these big goofy grins on our faces?

Tami:7

I definitely plan on going to class Friday morning. The restaurant is an excellent idea. Count me in!

Colleen

Yes, Friday morn is open 4 RTers!

Yes, Cathe has graciously opened the Friday morning class to us RTers! Thanks Cathe! We need to keep in mind that members will be there too. Maybe we should keep our squeals and jumping up & down a lil' in control! LOL! C U all on Friday morn!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

You guys are lucky! I would soooo love to go but my DH will not be home in time for me to make it to NJ that early. :-(

Have fun!! :)

I'm considering doing that since I'm driving and hope to get there Thursday afternoon. But I'll be in the back and only using the step platform with no risers thanks to a calf injury. PLEASE don't let me use any risers!!!!!

Bev

>Yes, Cathe has graciously opened the Friday morning class to us RTers!

WOOOOHOOOO!!! Please pass along our HUGE thank you to Cathe Mama D! It is so sweet of her to allow our invasion. Will def be there Fri a.m. stepping with you all. :) :) :) :)

Lorrie

Bev ~

Re: your calf injury maybe by then it will be doing better ! We do have 12 weeks & 2 days (not that I'm counting!!!) Good luck with it, injuries are tough.

Tami

I'm planning on driving in on Thursday so I'll be there for the Friday am class.

Yay!!!!!!

Dianne

Tami,

I would love to think that but it's been over a year and it just isn't coming back to 100%. My orthopedist said he wasn't surprised. Don't know if it's my age or what it is. But I just modify and don't do step as often as I used to. It certainly isn't going to slow me down! I just don't want to do anything stupid and have it bothering me for the whole road trip.

Bev

No worries, Bev. We three coordinators all were recovering from our own injuries last year. I ended up hurting the bottom of my foot (no stress fracture, thank goodness) three weeks prior to the road trip. Doctor told me no impact cardio, hiking, lower body work until it started feeling better. It took me close to 4 months before I could do cardio without any twitches/pains in my foot. I am now back on a 6" step after 7 months.

So, what I'm saying is that no one will care if you use a platform without risers. Just have fun and BE CAREFUL. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY and stop if you begin to feel discomfort.

See you in July!!!
Lorrayne

I will be there:) :) :)

Thank you Cathe and coordinators }( }(

Looking forward to this awesome opportunity, accelerated heart rate, sweat,red face and all. And heck that'll be all in the warm up:+ :+

Hey Dianne -- glad to see you're going again! I went last year and I sat at your table at breakfast on Sunday. I really enjoyed meeting you! I'm so glad you're going again. I wish I could go to the early morning Friday class, but I'm coming down with a group on Thursday (my husband, my cousin, and my husband's best friend and wife). They are going to be staying at Atlantic City while I'm sweating my you-know-what off! But I'm going to spend the day with them Thursday and most of the day Friday (gambling or sight-seeing in Philadelphia) and they're going to drop me off at the hotel later on Friday (the good thing is, is I get a the whole hotel room to myself since my group is staying in Atlantic City!). I do look forward to seeing you and others I met at the roadtrip last year!

Julie Thornton

Looking forward to seeing you again Julie!

I plan on being there also.:)
Thank you Cathe!!:)

Gin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.