How long did it take you to get RIPPED?!

silver_sage

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forums, but I've been working out with Cathe, the Firm, Karen Voight, etc off and on for about 2 years (unfortunately slightly more "off" than "on"! I'd be really good for 4-6 months & then take 3 or 4 months off -- undoing all my progress! Stupid, I know).

So my New Year's resolution is to continue excersizing 4-6 times per week ALL YEAR. I'm determined to keep this resolution, and I hope that by the end of the year I'll be so "in the habit" of working out that I'll just stay consistent forever! My weight is OK, so my goal is really building muscle definition (difficult on my tall, thin body).

Hopefully some of you long-time Cathe devotees will read this post and share your personal experience: how long did it take you to build the great bodies that I'm sure you have if you've been consistent with Cathe? I'm just trying to get an idea of a timeline so I can do some goal-setting. Like I said, I don't need to loose weight (well, maybe 10 pounds!) so I'm most interested in the length of time starting from when you reached your "ideal weight" until your body began resembling those of Cathe & her crew. I know it takes a long time of being consistent to build those cut-up muscles, but I'm committed!

Looking forward to hearing everyone's success stories! Thanks in advance for your replies.:)

Hello and WELCOME to the forum:D ,
It took me about 4 months of working out CONSISTENTLY (that is the key) to see the results I wanted in my legs and butt. (S&H legs, and LL)

Just stick with it and I know you will see the results you are looking for!!

P:S: Did you order the Hardcore dvds? If not I would suggest you do.I did not think Cathe/crew could get better than before, and then I saw the hardcore photo's and I was amazed!!

Good Luck!!

~Nicole

Thanks for the encouragement, Nicole. Yes, I was very impressed by the Hardcore series photos - wow, those ladies are such an inspiration of how great your body can really get! I haven't ordered the series yet, waiting to hear others' reviews first. I'm hoping to hear that they contain some really different workout innovations!

So, 4 months consistently, eh? Now I know not to get discouraged around the 3-month mark like I have in the past. I'm so glad to hear this from somebody...I was beginning to think my husband was right (he thinks you can't get a great body just by using fitness videos, that you HAVE to go the gym). I'm going to try & prove him wrong by working out consistently over a long period of time & continuing to challenge myself with heavier weights, higher step, etc as time goes on.

Thanks again!

Anyone else????

Thanks Dawn,
It's really interesting to read those interviews with the fitness models. I doubt I'll ever have their discipline when it comes to diet! I'll have to go back to the website when I have more time to read.;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.