how did you mix sts and insanity

pinkquinn

Cathlete
Just got my insanity in the mail. I was lured by the promise of results and all the raves on this forum.

I am in meso 3 and really starting to see some results now!!!

If you mixed sts and insanity how did you do it? How many times a week? How did you progress to the other dvds..ect

Also how did you feel? Did you change your diet?

...............and of course.........What were your results?

I'm doing the sts undulating rotation as is,the only thing i've changed on insanity is I take Fri and Sat off.On the days I do both I don't do the first round of stretching on insanity then after sts I do the extended stretch or my own. I'm on the second week. My eating hasn't been a problem since I went to a group hypnotherapy session. I honestly thought I would be worn out but I feel great.

thanks for your reply

I just did the first disk and I am not as wiped as I thought I would be. I'm not as crazy as you are to do 2 in one day. You must be super fit!

Nothing has killed me as much as ply legs! Cathe Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

still I think the addition on the cardio will lean me out more

It really isn't as killer as it sounds since there are only 3 days a week that I do both.we'll see how fit I am tomorrow if I can do cardio power & resistance after doing meso 3 squat rack leg today,I doubt if i'll be able to jump more than 1/2 inch:)

I am please to report that I added insanity 2 times this week for cardio. That was a BIG accomplishment for me because plyo legs wanted to kill me.

However, this week I lost TWO pounds of FAT. YIPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!. I had be stalled for soooo long. I was frustrated and ready to throw in towel.:mad:

I am totally motivated to keep going. I know that there are no short cuts for me. I need heavy lifting, intense cardio (often) and cleeeeean eating.

The addition of the intense cardio really elevates my mood and gives me energy....strange, I know.

anywho...just thought you all would be interested

Thanks for reporting back with your great results.

I will be finished with CLX in early October and I am seriously considering STS/Insanity for my next rotation so your results are very encouraging!!! ;)

I added Insanity in Meso3 also - it's a surprisingly good fit, though I discovered that it is a bad plan to do Cardio Power and Resistance the day after the shoulder/biceps/tri dvd!

I'm not doing the insanity program as written. My body does best if I limit high intensity intervals no more than twice a week, balancing gentler hiking/walking with steady(er) state/longer interval cardio (like kickbox) two or three days, and a long bike ride on the weekends. That's 2 intense intervals, 1 endurance, 3-4 additional cardio sessions including hiking/walking chosen based on how I'm feeling. One at least of those hiking/walking cardio days will be an active rest day. Also, I travel quite a bit. On travel I stick with CardioCoach for my intervals, and my active rest day is 30-40 minutes walking through airport concourses with bags, up and down stairs :). So far it's worked out to do two CardioCoach during travel weeks, and do two Insanities on non-travel weeks. Roughly alternating those two this month. I'm doing my STS on an approximately eight day cycle for travel weeks, and a seven day cycle when I'm not travelling - that tiny bit of extra recovery time for travel weeks makes a huge difference. STS/strength is the focus of my program now.

Since I'm already doing interval training, I didn't need to change my diet at all - I'm eating as clean as I can under the circumstances : ) The major difference I see with Insanity versus CardioCoach and my other interval workouts is the that explosive power is more obvious and nearly every move involves the core and glutes. CardioCoach is doing more for my cardiovascular capacity and overall stamin, and ability to regulate heart rate; Insanity is doing more for my core, and ability to move fast/powerfully. I'm really liking the combination of STS/CC/Insanity - and I bet that STS Cardio will do even more! Can't wait for that :)

One thing, I'd suggest self monitoring for overtraining if you aren't used to intervals. In my body, it's a danger sign if my sleep becomes broken and I feel jittery, and have a higher than normal morning pulse. If that continues, I wind up in the overtraining zone and need to throw in extra active rest days. This is how I discovered that three HIIT sessions a week is more than my body likes on a regular basis, and also why I wouldn't be doing Insanity as-written even if I weren't in the midst of STS. Everyone's so different, though, and I see others who are mixing Insanity and 4DS with very nice results.

Last edited:
I just completed STS so I'm doing P90X Lifting + Insanity
Mon will be Fit Test-
I'll alternate Insanity (counting it as cardio day) w/ the X workouts...I'd do it the exact same way with STS.

I think Insanity results stem from the change in intensity vs doing it as a 6 day program...3x per week is certainly a change in my overall cardio intensity for a week! :confused:

We'll see what the results are. I petsonally will never give up lifting traditional weights except on a recovery week- they just do way to amazing things for my body. So hoping insanity just takes me to a new level.

I am please to report that I added insanity 2 times this week for cardio. That was a BIG accomplishment for me because plyo legs wanted to kill me.

However, this week I lost TWO pounds of FAT. YIPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!. I had be stalled for soooo long. I was frustrated and ready to throw in towel.:mad:

I am totally motivated to keep going. I know that there are no short cuts for me. I need heavy lifting, intense cardio (often) and cleeeeean eating.

The addition of the intense cardio really elevates my mood and gives me energy....strange, I know.

anywho...just thought you all would be interested

TWOO pounds that's really good.
(You know I have to tell you, but I think you look like Stacy, you know the girl from what not yo wear? on you avatar picture the first time I saw you that's the first thing i notice.)

I'm mixing Insanity with STS as well.
last week was the recovery week, and I really enjoyed the core balance workout I thought that I was gonna get bored whit the same DVD every day, but what a good surprise I DID NOT, I haven't fallowed the program as it is I did 3 day of it and 3 days of STS meso 2.
Anyways this month I want to change a little bit, I want to do Insanity as it is and add one body part x day, I think doing insanity I don't have to have a leg workout or maybe not a intense one as I did last month, I want to see how my body response to this kind of workout.
On the Muscle & fitness HER of Oct. its a really, rally, good and different routine for shoulders and since that is the body part that I have the most trouble changing I want to try it.

I added Insanity in Meso3 also - it's a surprisingly good fit, though I discovered that it is a bad plan to do Cardio Power and Resistance the day after the shoulder/biceps/tri dvd!

I'm not doing the insanity program as written. My body does best if I limit high intensity intervals no more than twice a week, balancing gentler hiking/walking with steady(er) state/longer interval cardio (like kickbox) two or three days, and a long bike ride on the weekends. That's 2 intense intervals, 1 endurance, 3-4 additional cardio sessions including hiking/walking chosen based on how I'm feeling. One at least of those hiking/walking cardio days will be an active rest day. Also, I travel quite a bit. On travel I stick with CardioCoach for my intervals, and my active rest day is 30-40 minutes walking through airport concourses with bags, up and down stairs :). So far it's worked out to do two CardioCoach during travel weeks, and do two Insanities on non-travel weeks. Roughly alternating those two this month. I'm doing my STS on an approximately eight day cycle for travel weeks, and a seven day cycle when I'm not travelling - that tiny bit of extra recovery time for travel weeks makes a huge difference. STS/strength is the focus of my program now.

Since I'm already doing interval training, I didn't need to change my diet at all - I'm eating as clean as I can under the circumstances : ) The major difference I see with Insanity versus CardioCoach and my other interval workouts is the that explosive power is more obvious and nearly every move involves the core and glutes. CardioCoach is doing more for my cardiovascular capacity and overall stamin, and ability to regulate heart rate; Insanity is doing more for my core, and ability to move fast/powerfully. I'm really liking the combination of STS/CC/Insanity - and I bet that STS Cardio will do even more! Can't wait for that :)

One thing, I'd suggest self monitoring for overtraining if you aren't used to intervals. In my body, it's a danger sign if my sleep becomes broken and I feel jittery, and have a higher than normal morning pulse. If that continues, I wind up in the overtraining zone and need to throw in extra active rest days. This is how I discovered that three HIIT sessions a week is more than my body likes on a regular basis, and also why I wouldn't be doing Insanity as-written even if I weren't in the midst of STS. Everyone's so different, though, and I see others who are mixing Insanity and 4DS with very nice results.

I think I may have over trained last week as I am sick this week. LAME!! Not super sick...just enough to be annoyed and not able to workout. I usually take the weekend off and get going again on monday but have been unable to start. I dont know how to start my week tomorrow since my sts rotation has been jacked. This is the first hitch I have has since I started sts and even though I may only get behind one week it is more a mental set back.

What did you do when you found out you were over training? Anyone who has had experience with this please chime in.

Pinquin!!!

Do you think you over train? Or maybe is the tummy flu that is going around right now,
last week was my recovery week and from the nothing on the middle of the day, I got sick, stomachache, vomit, sweating, headache, of course it did not end up there, the next day Stacy my baby got sick the same, then Rachel, i had to go pick her up from school, and Now Astrid my other daughter is sick.
I went to the doctor and she said that is a virus that is going around.

Maybe, I don't know what are your symptoms.

I hope you are feeling better and ready to go Insane.:D

I definately got something and so did my girls. I usually fight things off but I a wondering if I over did it last week, and it made my immune system low.

Sorry to hear that you and your family got sick (stomach flu is the WORST!)
I started again with STS today..took it easy.

gained my 2 pounds back. lame!!!!!!!

Well hear I go again. I will do STS back to back and then next week I'll go INSANE with you guys!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.