How did Cathe originally design using CTX series?

DiMase

After completing my collection from swaps, I finally have all 6 ctx tapes. Now my question is, are these tapes to be used (all 6 in a row) for only 1 week? Or is it something that was designed for use for a longer period? I just don't recall what the original intent was for it's use. Was is for a "break" in your routine and then when done you go back to what you usually do? I just don't see using this series alone as is for more than a week's time.
Also, what modifications did you use, if you did thie series as a rotation. I'm just thinking that there is only *one* day of leg work, so did anyone add in LL more than once during this "rotation"?
Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure that I'm using the series as Cathe intended it used for correctly :D !

This is what Cathe said about the CTX Series, Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks at the time or release (enjoy!):

Hi Everyone!
Thanks so much for providing us with your numerous video requests over the last year. After going through your requests plus considering my own video desires, we have decided to provide you with the following 8 new videos. Please read each brief format and then, if you would like, please click on the link below to give us your feedback. Although the formats and concepts have pretty much been established, there are still some small changes that can be considered. We welcome your comments.

(All times listed below are approximations and are subject to change)
CIRCUIT MAX.......60 minutes total.....10 minute warm up, then 6 cycles of 5 minutes cardio to 2 minutes weights, followed by 3 minutes post cardio cool down, and concludes with 5 minute stretch.

My Comments: I'm thinking of not doing abs with this video because it would mean less time for the cycles which is what makes this tape special. - what do you think? Also, I could use your help here on the cardio cycles. Do you want all step aerobics for each of the cycles? Or would you rather have each cycle feature a different form of cardio? For instance one be step, one be hi/lo, one be kickbox? Perhaps this would make a good poll question.

CARDIO KICKS....60 minutes total.....5 minute warm up, then 45 minutes of my own version of a kickbox workout which provides the flavor of kickbox through kicks and punches but in a very fun and free flowing format. Though some form and technique will be mentioned, it will not be the focus of this workout. It concludes with a 7 minute stretch.

MY COMMENTS: Since there are already so many kickbox workouts out there, I have created this workout with the intension of prior kickbox experience. I have not fully decided on including abs at the end of the workout since so many of the kicks and punches already challenge the abs. Voice your request please.

CROSSTRAINING EXPRESS WORKOUTS....A SIX TAPE SERIES

Each tape will be approximately 45 to 60 minutes long. They are designed to be yet another fitness option to add to your rotations. Do each video one time per week. This is a method which I am currently using as I am making my postpartum comeback. I am truly loving the results and that is what has inspired this 6 part series.

VOLUME 1....5 minute warm up, 25 minutes of high intensity step aerobics, 10 minutes of ALL BACK exercises, 10 minutes ABS, 5 minute cool down.

VOLUME 2.....5 minute warm up, 25 minutes of hi/lo aerobics(mostly hi), 10 minutes of ALL CHEST exercises, 5 minute cooldown.

VOLUME 3......5 minute warm up, 25 minutes intense kickboxing, 10 minutes of ALL BICEP exercises, 10 minutes of ABS, and a 5 minute cooldown.

VOLUME 4......5 minute warm up, 25 minutes intense step aerobics, 10 minutes all SHOULDER exercises, 10 minutes ABS, 5 minute cool down

VOLUME 5.....5 minute warm up, 30 minutes intense hi/lo, kickbox, and step aerobics combined, 10 minutes ALL TRICEP exercises, 5 minute cooldown.

VOLUME 6.....3 minute warm up, 30 minutes ALL LEG exercises, 10 minutes of ABS, 5 minute cool down.

MY COMMENTS: Just love this quick and intense format. Great Fun with a Quick Sweat. For those of you who prefer longer cardio, simply have a segment from another favorite cardio workout cued up and ready to go.

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.