How Are You Doing With Your STS Workouts?

Thanks Alsgirl63! Thanks for all your feedback and great to hear your son is using STS to prepare for Army Bootcamp. That's an honorable compliment. Please wish him lots of luck (and a thank you in advance for his service to our country) from me and I hope both of you continue to get/keep fit together.

quote=alsgirl63;1826643]Hello cathe,great to hefrom you im getting geared up to start sts 2/16/09, and i cant wait ,and i love the new workout manager its fun and easy to use. I even got my 19 year old son josh doing your workouts hes getting ready for bootcamp to go into the navy on 3/11/09 he loves it and hes acually starting to look pretty good.your the best cathe cant wait to see what you come out with next.[/quote]

Ok sure Barb, but just do one plyo leg workout for the week and space it with two days before your other regular leg workout. Keep up the great work and tell your mom I said HI too.

Hi Cathe!! nice to see you. I am loving STS. I have a question for ya, can I do a plyo leg as a cardio day keeping the weights low and still do the 1 day leg?. I am doing the squat rack option.

I just loved reading your post Clango. You are on your way to wonderful STS results. Thank you for trusting the program. It will reward you. Keep working hard :D

I'm really enjoying what I've done so far. I started on Monday with a 6 1/2 month rotation. What I've enjoyed about the two STS Disks I've done so far is that the workout sheets with the calculations based on my 1RM are actually making me reach for a weight I normally wouldn't reach for. So where I'd normally grab at a 15lb or 12lb and the card says 17lb or 13lb, I add that extra pound or two (with wrist weights) that I otherwise wouldn't have thought about, and it is a noticeable--and GOOD--difference.

What I'm also finding is that the workouts are hard, but I'm not thinking 'Oh, Lord, just get me through this' (of course, I haven't done the legs yet :) ), but afterwards, I can tell I've worked out. I'm not in pain, but I know I've pushed my muscles, and I like that feeling.

I've done one of the abs routines--the No Equipment Abs--and think that is going to be one of my favorite abs routines for a very long time. I just love the combination of exercises.

I'm about half way finished previewing mesocycle 2, and I'm so looking forward to the next six months. I keep staring at my workout cards for those latter mesocycles thinking 'Can I lift that?', but doing these workouts this weeks has convinced me that 'Yes I can!' and it's time for me to up my game!

Thanks for the great workouts!

Hi Angelique! I completely understand and hope that one day you will be able to participate in STS. Btw, if it is any help to you, we now have a payment plan for STS. Either way, STS never expires and one day we will perhaps do it together.

I don't have the STS... I just discoverd your other disc!! I an not sure I can afford your disk until the economy takes a turn for the better. But I am looking forward to them when I can view them. They sound awesome, I just wish I found you 5 years ago!

Thank you ASUDaizy. Keep up the great work. You sound very motivated and on your way to becoming very fit. Thanks for stopping in to say hello and please visit again. :D

Not sure if you're still here Cathe, but I just discovered your wo's and I'm in love! STS is so great. I am loving every min....although sometimes it's a love/hate relationship during the wo! ;) But I also did IMAX2 from FitTv and am 100% sure I'm getting that wo too in the near future! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication, you are awesome!

Feelin your energy

Hi Cathe,

I'm not able to purchase STS just yet :( but am getting charged up by everyone's positive feedback and look forward to joining you all someday soon :)

Thanks for your wonderful creation...

Best,
Shelby

STS Love!!!!

Cathe:

I love, love, love STS! I am going for the 5-month rotation and enjoying revisiting the first week of workouts this week. I feel so strong and accomplished after these workouts. They are just as fun as they looked when I previewed them! I love the music and variety, and I am getting nice and sore after each one! I am feeling my triceps as I type (after experiencing back and triceps yesterday morning). The extended stretch is soothing, and the medicine ball abs routine is a personal favorite (especially the standing abs). I have fun playing with toys! Thank you for providing a good variety of workouts on the Ab Circuits DVD for different fitness levels.

I am so glad I invested the time in completing the one-rep max tests. The workout cards tell me how much weight to choose, and I have faith and just do it. I am getting a much better workout than I would with my personal favorite weights. *wink*

I highly recommend the 5-month rotation. These are great workouts the first time, but I discovered that previewing did not fully prepare me for the experience. I bought the Fitness by Cathe weighted gloves at Academy Saturday night and made a few small adjustments that are making a big difference this week! (The gloves allow me to use the exact weights on the workout card). I am amazed at what a difference one pound makes! Two weeks in a row is the way to go!

It is Thursday morning yet? I am so excited to experience the first leg workout again. It has replaced my beloved Butts and Guts leg blast premix as my favorite lower body workout of all time. You hit it out of the park with this series! I never imagined that a cardio queen like me would actually *enjoy* weight training! STS is right up there with my beloved Rhythmic Step! Well done, Cathe! Hugs! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Cathe, I know you´re not online anymore, but had to chime in and say how absolutely wonderful STS is! I don´t really pay much attention to music in my workout DVDs, but I love the music in these.

My question is: I´m assuming that the 1RM testing will have to be done again? When would I do this...after meso 1,2,3?

Ok sure Barb, but just do one plyo leg workout for the week and space it with two days before your other regular leg workout. Keep up the great work and tell your mom I said HI too.

Thanks Cathe for taking the time to answer my question:) I will tell my mom you said hello. She will be happy to know that you were thinking of her:)

Thank you!!

Hi Cathe,
I Thank you for taking my question!! I don't remember winning anything before ;)
I look forward to more clips on Cathe TV. I am really enjoying STS. I am curious about good pain versus bad pain. Would you say if you feel pain in a particular area and then it quiets down after a day or 2 it could be your body adjusting to the new workout? Is the 6 month rotation a slower buildup to your 1rm? I am doing the 3 month rotation but was curious about the difference.
Cheers,
Frances

Cathe,
Thank you so much for these workouts. I look forward to them! I am inspired by your strength and beauty.

Question: for about the first half of the workout (I have completed disks 1 - 5) I can successfully lift the required percentage of weight...then, I start to find myself shaving pounds off the suggested weight in order to complete the reps. Should I continue to do this or try to lift what my card tells me to lift and just do as many as possible?

Thanks for such a quality product. This is superior to anything on the market today.
Amy

I love the workouts! Keeping up with the pace feels as though I am working out with a personal trainer right here in the comfort of my own home! All the workouts are challenging and fun!

Well its late & I've got to go print out my workout card for tomorrow!

STS is great. My joints are not screaming at me and since Feb 5th I've lost 5 lbs and 1/2 to 1 inch off certain measurements. I have only done 3 cardio workouts so far. I eat when I want, just eating really healthy. STS does work for weight loss. I am delighted with my results. Peggy

Hi Cathe -- I was planning to start STS this week, but got sick, so I'm looking at starting next week instead. Just wanted to say that it's great that you're so in touch with everyone's feedback on this thread. It's very motivating (and fun) to read (as I eat my Kashi cereal and berries for breakfast :)).

Be back next week to share how STS is treating me!

Hi Cathe

I'm a lurker, never really post, but I really really love STS. As a part time personal trainer, I hope that these will get me in the best shape of my life. Thank you.

I just LOVE these workouts! They are fun and colorful and fast and tough! :D I have just finished Week 1. In week 2, I will add the ab routines on cardio days. I think. :p

Thank you!

FANTASTIC!!! I wasn't going to get them. I stayed stubborn all during the presale. Then, I broke down and bought them. I'm so glad I made that decision! They are top of the line! Excellent work Cathe and Crew!!!!
Amy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.