How Are You Doing With Your STS Workouts?

Cathe - your ears must have been burning. I've been talking about you to people at work all day (literally just 2 or 3 minutes ago). I love, love, love the new series!! I haven't been this motivated in a long time (I've worked out 8 of the last 9 days). I'm full of energy and have been sleeping like a rock (rare for me). Everyone keeps asking me how my new workouts are going, then I send them to your website. It's so cool to have a new workout every day, and they are so effective, and FUN (except maybe for all of those pushups, which I can not do to save my life). And the WM is cool - it's fun to check off each day and have everything planned out. Feels like it's keeping me more honest. You've outdone yourself!! THANK YOU!

(p.s. how can I get your arms?? man, those are impressive!)

Last edited:
Cathe,
I just want to say thank you so much for STS! I'm enjoying every workout and looking forward to the next one.

I've done two of the Meso 3 Plyo workouts (Discs 26 & 29) and have to say how much fun they are (thought you'd never hear that one, huh?) ;)

The med ball segment of Ab Circuits is my favorite so far, the controlled movements make the ball work extra hard. I laughed in one spot where one of the guys unintentionally lost the ball (hmmmm...I've done that before!) :D

Kathy G

Cathe, I haven't started STS yet, but I'm diligently working on my 1RM and that alone has me SO EXCITED about starting the program!! I was a tiny bit overwhelmed at the thought of all that 1RM business but it's so much easier than I anticipated it would be, and I'm feeling very encouraged and motivated by the results. You've really outdone yourself with this project and I cannot WAIT to get cracking with it!! Thank you so much for pouring your ALL into it. :)

Hello cathe,great to hear from you im getting geared up to start sts 2/16/09, and i cant wait ,and i love the new workout manager its fun and easy to use. I even got my 19 year old son josh doing your workouts hes getting ready for bootcamp to go into the navy on 3/11/09 he loves it and hes acually starting to look pretty good.your the best cathe cant wait to see what you come out with next.

Well hello there, stranger. Like everybody else, I'm LOVING STS! I'm in week 2 of what I THOUGHT was going to be the 3 1/2 month rotation, but now I'm pretty sure I'm going to start repeating week 2 next week and make it the 6 1/2 month rotation. I know there are others in the same boat as I, and we'd like to hear what the advantages are for doing the 6 month vs the 3 month rotation.

I LOVE THIS SET!!!! You guys went way above and beyond anything many of us expected and it just ROCKS!

Gayle

Cathe,

I am absolutely LOVING your new STS program. I did Meso 1 Discs 1,2 and 3 last week. Actually, I have been doing the legs workout two times a week.

This week so far, I have done disc 4 on Monday, disc 6 on Tuesday, then I will do disc 5 on Thursday, then disc 6 again on Friday. That way it gives me a three day rest in between the workouts. It works great for me.

I also have followed some of the rotations for STS cardio. I pulled out Lowmax and did that on Tuesday. It used to be me favorite. Now I remember why. It was a blast. Speaking of a blast, I have pulled out my Step BLast in the last few weeks and have done the Step Blast and Weight circuits. Now, I absolutely still LOVE this one.

I tend to do Scrambled Eggs twice a week also (BM2).

You are AWESOME!! You have given all of women (guys), too, the opportunity to work out at home and still get a fantastic workout.

Cheryl

The workouts are fabulous. Just wondering about the status of the pull up bar. I did Disc 2 but I did not get as much from the band as I would from pull-ups.
Thanks so much for doing such great workouts. You have changed my life.

Lisa

Hi Evelyn! If you think you went too light, you probably did. Next week you'll be able to make up for it when you do week 2 of the same format ;)

The muscle endurance phase switches up a lot so if you do go too light it will be hard to get sore. Knowing that it is just one set of one exercise, try to make sure you grab a challenging weight if your not going to do your 1RM.

I'm happy that you are so comfortable working out with me. Actually you pretty much do know me Evelyn. I'm not much different in person than on DVD, except I'm not always breathing that heavy in real life, LOL!

I am very happy with the STS product. I really appreciate not having to think about what workout I'll do next, except of course, for my cardio days. I've completed only the first 3 discs, and wondered what I was doing wrong (not much DOMS for the first two), but today I'm feelin' it!

I was very reluctant to do 1RM testing, and I think I may have gone too light, but I imagine that will change as I move through the program.

I think that the best part of the program is the new incentive to work - I feel like I've got a whole new toy to play with.

Cathe, I feel almost like I know you personally because you're with me in my home every day.

Hi Cathe!! nice to see you. I am loving STS. I have a question for ya, can I do a plyo leg as a cardio day keeping the weights low and still do the 1 day leg?. I am doing the squat rack option.

I'm really enjoying what I've done so far. I started on Monday with a 6 1/2 month rotation. What I've enjoyed about the two STS Disks I've done so far is that the workout sheets with the calculations based on my 1RM are actually making me reach for a weight I normally wouldn't reach for. So where I'd normally grab at a 15lb or 12lb and the card says 17lb or 13lb, I add that extra pound or two (with wrist weights) that I otherwise wouldn't have thought about, and it is a noticeable--and GOOD--difference.

What I'm also finding is that the workouts are hard, but I'm not thinking 'Oh, Lord, just get me through this' (of course, I haven't done the legs yet :) ), but afterwards, I can tell I've worked out. I'm not in pain, but I know I've pushed my muscles, and I like that feeling.

I've done one of the abs routines--the No Equipment Abs--and think that is going to be one of my favorite abs routines for a very long time. I just love the combination of exercises.

I'm about half way finished previewing mesocycle 2, and I'm so looking forward to the next six months. I keep staring at my workout cards for those latter mesocycles thinking 'Can I lift that?', but doing these workouts this weeks has convinced me that 'Yes I can!' and it's time for me to up my game!

Thanks for the great workouts!

Great Catherine, I'll check it out.

I think these form pointer segments are going to be a great way to get up close and personal on a move. I hestitate to over explain things on DVD knowing you will have to hear this time and time again in future workouts (well except for disc 2 back and triceps, there was just sooo much pertinent info to include, so bear with me on those, ;) ). But these segments will give me the opportunity to be very specific, which makes me very happy :)

Cathe, it's good to see you. I've previewed STS and it looks great!! I posted a ? on Ask Cathe about maybe doing a Cathe TV segment on the wall squats with the weights. But I would certainly take any form pointers you might have.

I don't have the STS... I just discoverd your other disc!! I an not sure I can afford your disk until the economy takes a turn for the better. But I am looking forward to them when I can view them. They sound awesome, I just wish I found you 5 years ago!

Jbliff! Gotta love that 1RM testing. Now I'm hoping everyone can at least appreciate why we were going on and on about it. It MAKES the program, really, it does. Yes, you will get great results without it, but you will get HANDS DOWN results with it. Thanks for your feedback.

Cathe, I LOVE my STS! I'm on week 2 of Meso 1 and I look forward to each STS day, even though I am almost always sore in some part of my body since I started. I was amazed at the soreness since I've been working out for years, but the 1RM has really pushed me beyond my comfort zone and I am finding that I can lift so much more weight. Thanks for a great product!

Hi NY25! Wow, your post is so full of energy. You sound like you are well on your way to reaping the benefits of the STS program. Keep up the great work. As far as my arms, I'm in search of them too these days. I got lost in the land of editing this past year and my arms (and overall muscles) need some "shock treatment". Thats why I'm psyched to do STS with everyone. I've got to crack the whip on myself and "get with the program" tee hee :D

Cathe - your ears must have been burning. I've been talking about you to people at work all day (literally just 2 or 3 minutes ago). I love, love, love the new series!! I haven't been this motivated in a long time (I've worked out 8 of the last 9 days). I'm full of energy and have been sleeping like a rock (rare for me). Everyone keeps asking me how my new workouts are going, then I send them to your website. It's so cool to have a new workout every day, and they are so effective, and FUN (except maybe for all of those pushups, which I can not do to save my life). And the WM is cool - it's fun to check off each day and have everything planned out. Feels like it's keeping me more honest. You've outdone yourself!! THANK YOU!

(p.s. how can I get your arms?? man, those are impressive!)

Thanks Kathy. Wow, you are loving the Plyo workouts, huh? That is really good to hear. The cast actually labled them their favorites too. They never let up from start to finish. Glad you are enjoying ab circuits too. A lot of variety to keep things fresh. Oops, did the ball get away from one of the guys? I guess we missed that in editing....good catch :eek:

Cathe,
I just want to say thank you so much for STS! I'm enjoying every workout and looking forward to the next one.

I've done two of the Meso 3 Plyo workouts (Discs 26 & 29) and have to say how much fun they are (thought you'd never hear that one, huh?) ;)

The med ball segment of Ab Circuits is my favorite so far, the controlled movements make the ball work extra hard. I laughed in one spot where one of the guys unintentionally lost the ball (hmmmm...I've done that before!) :D

Kathy G

Thank You Michele. Anything for all of you. We're in this together!

Cathe, I haven't started STS yet, but I'm diligently working on my 1RM and that alone has me SO EXCITED about starting the program!! I was a tiny bit overwhelmed at the thought of all that 1RM business but it's so much easier than I anticipated it would be, and I'm feeling very encouraged and motivated by the results. You've really outdone yourself with this project and I cannot WAIT to get cracking with it!! Thank you so much for pouring your ALL into it. :)

Not sure if you're still here Cathe, but I just discovered your wo's and I'm in love! STS is so great. I am loving every min....although sometimes it's a love/hate relationship during the wo! ;) But I also did IMAX2 from FitTv and am 100% sure I'm getting that wo too in the near future! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication, you are awesome!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.