Hot Flash Advice Please

Excellent point Candi! You should ALWAYS consult with a professional care provider before ingesting/applying anything. :)

that pillow thing sounds cool!

Freda,

Thanks! I remember seeing this a few months ago, but I thought it must be a total gimmick. Thanks for telling me otherwise!

Gina,
Sorry, but I just have to ask this: why is it your responsibility to gather information to help your 45-yr. old mother? Can't she take care of herself? If she doesn't exercise, eat right or take care of herself, that's her problem. Let her go on the internet and find suggestions for dealing with hot flashes. Sounds like you've had a reversal of the parent/child relationship here and, trust me, it's not going to do either one of you any good.

I know I sound critical and hearing this may make you angry, but it really is meant to help.

-Nancy

Effexor (anti-depressant) has been shown to help with hot flashes for those who don't want to take HRT or other herbal therapy for hot flashes. I used a once a week patch (Climaro Pro) with a low dose of estradiol and progesterin which worked well. So did Activella - daily HRT. My MD (and she was part of the WHI study with Prempro & Premarin)said both of these help with bone loss too. Many options for women so there is no need to live with hot flashes that interfere with life or sleep!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.