Hope I can keep up!

cheryl4264

Cathlete
Hi Cathe-

I am getting so excited to meet you in San Diego! I have every single one of your workouts and have been working out with you for many years. However, as much as I love your workouts, I also love working out at home, so I can put you on "pause" for water, wipe down with towel, don't care what I look like, rest, etc., before continuing!! :) Do you allow some rest time during your "live" workout classes for us to catch our breath?! Or offer any modifications? I'm worried I won't be able to keep up...since I'm not used to working out in front of anyone except my TV!! Although I'm looking forward to the challenge, of course, just wonder if anyone else feels similarly!

Also, wondering if anyone else from San Jose going to San Diego?!

Thanks,

Cheryl in San Jose

haha, Cheryl, you aren't alone. I have to blow my nose frequently too! Wish there were some way to clear that up BEFORE the workout! LOL If you are pausing and huffing and puffing, know that I'll be right there alongside you!

Hi Cheryl !

I haven't been to a Cathe RT before but I'd have to say don't worry what goes on - all I've ever heard/read is that it will be a blast.

I'm down in Gilroy and will be going to SD from SJ. Haven't set any arrangements yet other than one of my check-in pals will be my roomie. What did you have in mind? :D

Aw Cheryl and all of the our other San Diego trippers...please don't worry. I can't express enough how laid back the environment is. It is truly a happy,sharing, and supportive community. No competition AT ALL. Not from attendees and not from me....we just laugh, do what we can, and sweat it out together. This weekend will be about sharing time with each other....not about getting in the best shape of our lives. I wouldn't even mind if you chose to sit out on and watch us if that made you more comfortable. By the end of the weekend many do that too. No pressure, no worries, no fears.....come, relax, laugh, and meet other Cathletes. Can't wait to meet you all :D

Hi Cathe-

I am getting so excited to meet you in San Diego! I have every single one of your workouts and have been working out with you for many years. However, as much as I love your workouts, I also love working out at home, so I can put you on "pause" for water, wipe down with towel, don't care what I look like, rest, etc., before continuing!! :) Do you allow some rest time during your "live" workout classes for us to catch our breath?! Or offer any modifications? I'm worried I won't be able to keep up...since I'm not used to working out in front of anyone except my TV!! Although I'm looking forward to the challenge, of course, just wonder if anyone else feels similarly!

Also, wondering if anyone else from San Jose going to San Diego?!

Thanks,

Cheryl in San Jose

Hi Cheryl !

I haven't been to a Cathe RT before but I'd have to say don't worry what goes on - all I've ever heard/read is that it will be a blast.

I'm down in Gilroy and will be going to SD from SJ. Haven't set any arrangements yet other than one of my check-in pals will be my roomie. What did you have in mind? :D

Hi Jacque - I'm actually going down with my husband (we're going to stay and vacation after the weekend) but I just wanted to see if anyone from my area so we could connect when we get there!! I love the idea of someone else nearby also working out to Cathe at home!! Its nice to know I'm not alone in my "region"

Looking forward to meeting you!

Cheryl

Aw Cheryl and all of the our other San Diego trippers...please don't worry. I can't express enough how laid back the environment is. It is truly a happy,sharing, and supportive community. No competition AT ALL. Not from attendees and not from me....we just laugh, do what we can, and sweat it out together. This weekend will be about sharing time with each other....not about getting in the best shape of our lives. I wouldn't even mind if you chose to sit out on and watch us if that made you more comfortable. By the end of the weekend many do that too. No pressure, no worries, no fears.....come, relax, laugh, and meet other Cathletes. Can't wait to meet you all :D

Hi Cathe and all - thanks for your encouragement! I know it will be great, just had to get that reassurance that we're all at different levels and some (like me) may need to modify or march in place from time to time!! Taking a class in my living room (pausing whenever I want) is certainly different from a live class! I can't imagine sitting out - don't want to miss any of it! I just finished your new Core Circuit workout and I kept up pretty well, gotta love those endorphins. Great workout but I don't know if I'll ever be able to do those "roll up" type ab exercises!!! I have a knee/leg injury that sometimes means I have to stop for a moment and also have to modify with low impact. I know everyone will be caring and not to worry - besides who is looking at someone else when you're too busy trying to do the workout yourself, right?! I'm getting excited! Its so incredibly beautiful there also - great location!
Cheryl

haha, Cheryl, you aren't alone. I have to blow my nose frequently too! Wish there were some way to clear that up BEFORE the workout! LOL If you are pausing and huffing and puffing, know that I'll be right there alongside you!

Hey Shani -

oh yeah I forgot about the nose blowing - it seems I sweat as much as blow my nose while working out! Great to know I'm not the only one who will be doing those "pauses" during a live workout as well! I do love that about working out at home to DVDs - I can pause Cathe whenever I need to, and she waits for me until I get back. ha!

Cheryl

Check out this thread I started before my first RT this past summer. It's very enlightening and encouraging. I had a great time and I promise you no one will think any less of you if you have to take breaks.

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265216

Hi Nancy in Arizona - thanks so much sharing that thread! Yes that's alot like I feel - overweight and worried that I won't be "buff" enough like all the Catheletes - but that's just silly. Its for fun. I love working out, period (that's why we do it, not because we care how we look doing it) so the weekend will be all that much more fun, a live Cathe and real folks who also love to workout with her. Yours and Cathe's response and all of the other responses from your last thread made me feel so much more at ease! yes when I get tired, I'll just sit down. I love it! Looking forward to meeting you. I'm nearing retirement also and looking forward to all that extra time to work out!

Also if you find out about shuttle to the airport, let us know!

Cheryl in San Jose

Ladies,
I am nervous too and I have been to two of her roadtrips in New Jersey. I have to say, everyone was so nice and so supportive. There were all different body types. Everyone was so passionate about Cathe and this forum. I am so excited about being able to go to San Diego. I feel so blessed to have Cathe in my life.

BTW, I am in Pleasanton CA.

Susan

this will be my first rt im so excited to meet cathe and everyone. im going with my husband too but he will be diving while im having fun. i really can't wait

Check out this thread I started before my first RT this past summer. It's very enlightening and encouraging. I had a great time and I promise you no one will think any less of you if you have to take breaks.

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265216

Hi Nancy in Arizona - thanks so much for your encouragement and sharing that last thread about your own (& other's) trepidations! It helped me feel much better! Besides everyone is too busy doing their own huffing and puffing to worry about yours, right? Looking forward to meeting you. I'm nearing retirement, more time to workout now, eh?!

Cheryl

Hi Nancy in Arizona - thanks so much for your encouragement and sharing that last thread about your own (& other's) trepidations! It helped me feel much better! Besides everyone is too busy doing their own huffing and puffing to worry about yours, right? Looking forward to meeting you. I'm nearing retirement, more time to workout now, eh?!

Cheryl

It will be fun, Cheryl. Both the RT and retirement!

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to Cathe and this site (been doing the workouts for about two months). I live in San Diego so I was so excited to see the Road Trip was being held here! Can't wait to attend and meet fellow Cathe addicts!

Janet

Hi Aaskelson! As we get closer I get more and more excited. No matter how you slice it, the roadtrip will be a blast. Everyone is so fun and friendly. You will make so many friends. Its a blast!

this will be my first rt im so excited to meet cathe and everyone. im going with my husband too but he will be diving while im having fun. i really can't wait

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.