Homemade Yogurt Machine recommendations?

Hi irongirl - use the yoghurt you like the taste of as your starter - they keep the same character.
Good luck!
Justine

Eva, Thanks. I would love your bread making tips. Machine or by hand?

Please post a simple recipe for me to try first. I may be all thumbs on this challenge. I would love to quit buying bread from the store. I keep telling DH, you really don't know what you are eating.

I have tried in the past with my sisters bread machine. No luck. (I think she set me up....LOL!) Maybe we should start a Bread Thread.....

The yogurt machine was simple and easy. I am sooooooo glad I purchased one.

Nathalie...congrats on your 1st batch.

This thread has been fun and full of wonderful kitchen knowledge.

Thanks, Sherry

Sounds like you have been enabled irongrl.:D

Welcome on this thread. what option are you going for no yoghurt maker option or with? Raw milk or UHT?

I love greek yogurt too but I love any type of cheese aswell. Blue smelly french cheese:D:D:D, dutch soft cheese, british cheddar, gloucester british cheese you name it.... I love brie cheese ;););) i do not have often though.

I know I have to keep portions to a minimal level. So my strategy is if i can have a portion of example gloucester british mild cheese as a snack in the middle of afternoon, later evening pudding has to be a plant base (soy) yogurt.

I reckon i need to watch out my dairies ;-)

if you do eat greek yogurt every day like me, You may start venturing in the kitchen making your own. I have done it so can anyone.:D

All the best,

I'm looking at the yogurt makers on Amazon, someone posted a couple of links earlier. I would probably use 1 or 2% milk, or maybe even experiment with coconut milk. I love the consistency of greek yogurt and it also seems easier to digest than regular yogurt, for me. I like small portions of cheese also, occasionally.

And no matter how thick it looks, don't forget to strain if you want 'Greek-style' rather than regular.
HTH
Justine

This thread has me convinced I need a yogurt machine. How long does the homemade yogurt stay fresh?

Dianne

Hi Dianne,

I cannot say for sure how long the homemade yogurt stays fresh. I do know I have kept mine for two weeks and it was fine...no off smells or flavors. But, I cannot say what the outer limits of this would be.

Eva

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.