Holy Superhero Pushup Strength Batman!

rachel132

Cathlete
I just finished Disc 1.

That woman is insane with the pushups!!! Chest is my weakest muscle group, and pushups have always been a huge challenge. BUT

After the 2nd set I couldn't complete any more sets even dropping to my knees and I couldn't even do the last set on my knees at all. I just sat and watched with my jaw on floor.

I can't wait to see how many pushups I can do after my 6 1/2 month rotation!! I'm goingg to get so strong! woo hoo.

Sonja

I haven't done this one yet, just previewed it, but sheesh it looks hard. Especially when they bring their leg up on the side alternating. I'll be doing most of these on my knees for sure.

I just finished previewing this as well and I don't know how I'm going to do any of the rest of the workout after the first bunch of pushups.....

....nevermind the rest of the pushup sets that follow.

WOW!

I think I'll be needing to get me a superhero cape after I finish this program!

Hi all:

I previewed the first workout tonite as well... I was also not THRILLED with all the pushups! however, I even do a MORE modified version and find that I still get a nice burn going but am not completely spent after a few sets! I do them against the wall rather than on the floor after the first few sets in other workouts... I do bended knee pushups on the floor until I just can't do any more, and then I stand about 2-3 feet away from the wall in my workout room, place my hands on the wall in the proper height to be chest high and then lean into the wall and back... you can do the same reps and all that... still gets into the chest, shoulders and back until I can work my way up to doing all those pushups on the floor :)

I agree though... Cathe is a push-up fanatic! :)

Hi all:

I previewed the first workout tonite as well... I was also not THRILLED with all the pushups! however, I even do a MORE modified version and find that I still get a nice burn going but am not completely spent after a few sets! I do them against the wall rather than on the floor after the first few sets in other workouts... I do bended knee pushups on the floor until I just can't do any more, and then I stand about 2-3 feet away from the wall in my workout room, place my hands on the wall in the proper height to be chest high and then lean into the wall and back... you can do the same reps and all that... still gets into the chest, shoulders and back until I can work my way up to doing all those pushups on the floor :)

I agree though... Cathe is a push-up fanatic! :)

Dani~ I'm so glad you brought this up...:D

I have found over the years that doing Wall Push Ups is even better for many than modified floor to help build strength. Most of my clients can hold better form, go MUCH deeper into the move and thus build strength more quickly.

Its the ONLY way my very heavy clients can even fathom a push up...

Wall PushUps are also ideal for those with chronic & severe knee problems (extra padding on the floor isnt always enough for some) and lets not forget our SHOULDER REHAB peeps!! I spent 2.5 years in shoulder flareups every time I did floor push ups..it took months of using the wall to build the strength while also giving the shoulders a break.

The wall is also exceptional for those Tricep PushUps that many people cannot go very deeply on and the knee issue peeps...

The WALL is also a great version of WALL PLANK......

Ahhhhhh- gotta LUV the wall!;) The most under utilized piece of fitness equipment!

Last edited:
Thanks for the information on wall pushups. Ever since I broke my wrist last summer I can't put much weight on my outstretched right hand if I do pushups on the floor. I can do them with my hand in a fist, but I think the wall will be a better option for me right now. Sounds like I can get a decent workout using the wall at this time. Hopefully the hand pain will go away with time. After watching STS disc #1 yesterday, I was starting to get overwhelmed and discouraged by all the pushups. Thanks again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.