Hip Flexors

teddy16410

Cathlete
Hi Cathe! Happy New Year to you! I am totally IN LUV with the new series- THANK YOU!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm very conditioned but must say I am still plagued with hip flexor issues (I'm assuming tight? weak?) that prevent me from doing marathon reps of lunges. Static are the worst but elevated rear leg (any height) really get painful and fatigued long before my quads & glutes wear out.

My question for the expert :D
What can I do to increase their flexibility (other than regular stretching at end of DVDs) and increase their capacity for endurance work.

Thank you so much! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all you do for your followers each & every day. You put the fun in hard work and help me stay dedicated to superior health every day.

Not Cathe, of course, but I was recently slammed with hip flexor issues. For me, 2 things helped me get past the problem (knock on wood):

First, I needed to modify my form on lunges. I found that I was extending my back leg out too far which was putting pressure on my hip flexor and causing pain (during and after the workout). Once I started doing lunges with my back leg in a bit more (so that both legs were close to 90 degrees at the bottom of the lunge), the pain subsided.

Second, I bought a foam roller. It hurts, but it's a good hurt. ;) I use it religiously, 3-4 times a week. I especially make sure to use it after a leg workout or something like HiiT, Imax, or Intensity. This has helped tremendously!!! I think anybody who works out would benefit from a foam roller, injury or no injury.

Hope you find the solution for you. Sending healing vibes your way.

Hi Lisa~
Thank you for both your suggestions. I will work on the 90 degree depth and also pull out my foam roller. I use that thing for my glutes and shoulders - cant believe I didnt think to use it for hip flexors! Thak you for your response.

I would love to hear what Cathe has to say about hip flexors that wear out during lunges before the quads and glutes. This frequently happens to me, especially if the rear leg is elevated.

I would love to hear what Cathe has to say about hip flexors that wear out during lunges before the quads and glutes. This frequently happens to me, especially if the rear leg is elevated.

I'm with ya Laura... Come out Cathe! Help our Hip Flexors ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.