HIIT with bad back

are

I'm considering buying the HIIT 40/20 download, but looking at the preview video I'm a bit worried about it being too high-impact for me. I do have a bad back (and downstairs neighbors!); normally I'm fine with Cathe's videos but things like jump-tucks just kill me. Do-able anyway? Also - my step only goes to 10 inches (it's the gray-and-black Reebok kind); will it work anyway? (I'm only 5'1", so I figure maybe I can get away with it; but I normally do all Cathe's step videos at 10" so am not sure if it will be intense enough and/or if it will require me to bend over too low.)

Any thoughts much appreciated! Thanks.

Hiit 40/20

Hi

40/20 is hard....doesn't bother my back, but burns my quads. I use an 8" height for my step. You will probably have to modify certain parts, like the butt kicks over the step and the squat thrust push ups...have you done the 30/30? That is easier in general and maybe you should try it and see if that hurts your back.

Hi, I have bad knees (not back) so I have to watch too high of impact. I actually gave my Hiit DVD away to my daughter! I simply could not find enough ways to modify it to make it worth keeping. It seems like all the intensity comes from jumping, which I just can't do.

Can't believe I never came back to this. Thank you both - especially for the mention of jumping. That answers it right there - all of Cathe's videos with high jumps (air jacks, for instance) are impossible for me, both because I live in an apartment and don't want to land in my neighbors' living room, and because my back can't take it. Do wish she would do more high-intensity, high-burn, but lower-impact videos, but maybe that kind of workout isn't possible....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.