HIIT or Tabata????????

intensitylisa

Cathlete
Which do you like better and why? Is one more effective in burning calories than the other or is the only difference between the two the rest periods?

I don't know what the real difference is yet. Both seem screaming hard. I guess tabata is shorter. But, a little harder. I think HIIT is more intense because the interval is longer. I don't worry about the calories burned in either because the whole idea is to push your body to improve your cardiovascular out put rather than to worry about slashing calories. For calories I do slightly less intensity often with intervals, for a longer time, or steady state cardio at about 80%/of max for 90 minutes. That works great on calories. I don't know what works best for fat loss though. I haven't worked that one out yet.

Oh - I forgot to answer your question, I like HIIT better, it's what seems to work for me.

Thanks for the link Jann! Since I have been unable to work on upper body due to tennis elbow, I have been concentrating on cardio and lower body for 4 weeks straight. I have been doing Cathe's HiiT, Intensity, Athletic Training, Cardio Supersets and now CrossFire and To The Max.

I have noticed a spectacular difference in my body since concentrating on these workouts! I find doing steady state cardio such as Cathe's step workouts don't burn as much calories but they do help me with endurance.

I wish Cathe would make another Hi/Low HiiT and/or Intensity workout!!! (pretty please :))

Last edited:
Now I want Cathe to make a Turbulence Training dvd, 1 set of heavy weights with 1 minute of cardio, sounds perfect!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.