HIIT every day?

steph_arena

Cathlete
Hi
I'm new here and have just started HIIT training with Cathe's dvd (prev done turbo fire)
I wanted to know if you can do a 25 minute HIIT every day? or is that not recommended..;)
thanks

2-3 x a week is all I'm good for on the Hiit workouts, that is including Intensity. so, 1 or 2 of the Hiit's plus Intensity per week. HTH, Laina

I would not recommend HiiT workouts every day. It can be hard on the heart if you're not conditioned for it. I think Cathe recommends 2 days in between, so that would be 2 per week. She's been active on the boards lately, hopefully, she'll pop in here.

I've read in several places that HIIT should only be done 2-3 days per week. I might be wrong but I think Cathe mentions that somewhere on one of her HIIT Introductions.

I just wanted to clarify that I don't do the whole HIIT workout (ie all 3 sections) I just do a rotation of a HIIT 25 min in the am 5 or more times a week. I'm in pretty good shape (i'm a PE teacher) and I like the short and concise nature of the HIIT. That being said since my job is a physical sort of one I don't want to create problems for myself either kwim..;)

Basically, what the others have said, no, I don't think HIIT is a good idea everyday. The issue is that your heart needs to recover from intervals just like the rest of you recovers from a weight workout. I would suggest doing HIIT no more than 2x/week. Its perfectly ok to do a workout thats short and steady state (70% of max.)

Alisha

Take it from me. don't do HITT everyday. It puts alot of stress on the joints and bones. All that jumping caused a stress fracture in my foot and then my foot rolled off to the side in a flat sandle and broke. Give your body some time to heal and recover!

I just wanted to clarify that I don't do the whole HIIT workout (ie all 3 sections) I just do a rotation of a HIIT 25 min in the am 5 or more times a week. I'm in pretty good shape (i'm a PE teacher) and I like the short and concise nature of the HIIT. That being said since my job is a physical sort of one I don't want to create problems for myself either kwim..;)

Most HIIT workouts are not over 30 minutes bc you are supposed to put your all into the workout. If you're doing it right you shouldn't be able to go much more than 30 minutes.

And no, regardless if it's 20-25 minutes or not, do not do it every day. It's not good for the joints and the rest of the body. The legs especially need rest as plyo work can help to build the muscle. We can't stop you if you seem so eager to do it, but it is not recommended and not something you're going to find many people that will support it.

I figured it was too good to be true. I love the high you get after finishing and although my head was telling me it wasn't a good idea I was hoping that maybe i was wrong..It is easy to get addicted to that endorphin high.
Thanks for all the great advice gals it is much appreciated. I will go back to my 2x a week starting now. I am sure my legs and joints will be thanking me:)

hi steph,
i agree with everyone else.i developed hip bursitis doing hiit 5 times a week and have been out unable to do any sort of jumping for 3 months,not worth it.

hi steph,
i agree with everyone else.i developed hip bursitis doing hiit 5 times a week and have been out unable to do any sort of jumping for 3 months,not worth it.
How long did it take for this to clear up for you? Are you better now?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.