High Step Challange... review from anyone please???

I did this one today and my arms feel quite worked. There were some new exercises for the arms and some that will fool you. They don't look too tough and they don't start out feeling too hard, but I'm feeling it now.
Angela:7

I did this today. I upped all of the lower body weights and some of the upper. This without a complete preview. There was a couple of places where I had to loosen my grip on the band as I didn't realize how long I would be working. I think it is a pretty good workout. Next time I think I will move through it more quickly and be able to keep my HR up better. I kept stopping to make notes on weights and times for the cardio segments. I think it is a good all around workout. I am not really sure how to compare it to others. I really did not feel like the cardio intensity was that of Boot Camp. More like HSTA with tougher strength training segments. The core segment is really good. I liked it.
Diane Sue

OMG! This one about hosed me! I did it last night. I love the warmup song "Let Us Groove" -- it gets me in the mood.

I did not care for the fast feet shuffle around the box at all, but it may be because I am not used to negotiating the moves. I did not like the zig zags (again probably because I am on the learning curve) and I have never been a fan of tuck jumps because I tend to beat my thighs until they are bruised!

I love the use of the bands and the workout is fantastic and in some ways is easier than Boot Camp of High Step Training. Then again, in some ways it is more difficult.

I hate pushups and always have -- but I do them -- Cathe does a great job coaching and encouraging you to go all out.

It will definitely challenge me for a long time to come!

I stick to the weights Cathe suggests since in her preview she mentions that the switch from low to high weights, etc., shocks the body and keeps it guessing.

There are places a person could up the weights, but I am going to do it the way Cathe suggests and leave the very heavy weight training for Muscle Max and the Gym Style workouts.

I did HSC last night myself. Ditto everything Amy said. I found it very motivating. This one will become on of my faves!

~KIm

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.