Hi!

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
How is everyone doing today? It has been very busy here in the club today. All those New Years Resolutions kicking in ;)

I haven't has a chance to look at the forums in a couple of days so I will be browsing around for about a half hour. If you need me for anything, just post a question here :)

How is everyone doing today? It has been very busy here in the club today. All those New Years Resolutions kicking in ;)

I haven't has a chance to look at the forums in a couple of days so I will be browsing around for about a half hour. If you need me for anything, just post a question here :)

Hi, Cathe! Thanks for popping in! I had to call in sick today, so I am Net surfing and re-previewing Cardio Core Circuit. I hope to be back on hind legs by the end of the week so that I can inaugurate Shock Cardio soon. Hope you had a wonderful family get-together with many hugs. Thanks again for everything.

A-Jock

hi cathe, i too noticed a lot of new faces at the cardio center(ymca) today. its almost impossible to get a treadmill right now had to deal with the elliptical. i hope a lot of ppl stick to their resolution of a fit and health lifestyle though.

hitting weights tomorrow.

kassia

Hi Cathe

I "found" you through STS! I just started my third round using an undulating rotation, and I am incorporating Shock Cardio with it. How many plyo workouts or Hiit can I safely do in a week? (I also run during the week, alternating steady state, intervals, and tempo runs.)

I really appreciate your professionalism, your cuing, and your adherance to proper form.

Thanks!

:D

Hi, Cathe! Just wanted to tell you that I LOVE Shock Cardio! Step Moves, Cardio Core Circuit, MMA: Fusion, and Circuit Blast are particularly fantastic!

I actually have a question, too. Yesterday, while doing Circuit Blast, I noticed that during the drill where we jump over the step platform, turn, and go into a 'plyo' type pushup, my low back had quite a sway/sag to it. Part of this might have been because this drill comes toward the end of the workout, but I also think it has to do with a lack of upper body and/or core strength on my part. I'd like to keep at this move (as opposed to subbing an entirely different move), but I don't want to risk an injury by performing it with poor form. Aside from just keeping at it, do you have any suggestions on how I can improve on this move?

Thanks!!!

I actually have a question too: why are "butterfly sit-ups", with your legs in a diamond formation, so frickin' frappin hard to do? Is it because the hip flexors are totally taken out of the action?

A-Jock

Hi Cathe!

Did the Pyramid DVD this weekend..upper body saturday and lower sunday! That one gets me EVERY time! :) Cardio core circuit on the schedule for tonight! Can't wait!

So, you coming to Boston anytime soon? hmm? :) haha!

Thanks for always pushing us to be our best,

Jenn

I actually have a question too: why are "butterfly sit-ups", with your legs in a diamond formation, so frickin' frappin hard to do? Is it because the hip flexors are totally taken out of the action?

A-Jock

I'd love to know the answer to this one too. Boy was I huffing & puffing thru these.....

Hi Cathe!

Boy I hear ya about the New Years resolutions kicking in and people crowding the gyms. My gym seems to be packed with people hogging the machines, their favorite TV programs interrupted by occasional bouts of exercise -- LOL!! Geez, I can't wait until they hang it up and go home so us serious worker outers can reclaim our favorite machines :p :D. I hope all is well with you and yours, and that the end of the holidays signals a return to saner times. My best always!!

Thanks for kicking my a$$ this morning in HiTT 30/30 follow with second week of STS Disc 1. Did you see me shaking my head at you ;) ...Actually in 40/20 the other day I was so winded shaking my head at you was not even and option. Really loving these workouts....notice that my hunger has also increased as well.

tks,

Therese

Hi, Cathe! I have nothing to add but I wanted to send you a virtual hug for being so awesome. :) I'm loving STS Cardio, great job. Have a great week.

Hi Cathe-

I love the edits between different sections of the workouts in this series. Like between a warm-up and the main workout, or going to the stretch. The music plays through the transition, or starts before the transition starts, and it's so smooth.

Thanks!

Ben

Hi A-Jock. I hope you feel better soon. You have been through so much and your body is demanding rest. Take good care of yourself. Hugs!

Hi, Cathe! Thanks for popping in! I had to call in sick today, so I am Net surfing and re-previewing Cardio Core Circuit. I hope to be back on hind legs by the end of the week so that I can inaugurate Shock Cardio soon. Hope you had a wonderful family get-together with many hugs. Thanks again for everything.

A-Jock

Hi Kassia. Yes, the cardio machines are always packed during the month of January. Have a great workout tomorrow.

hi cathe, i too noticed a lot of new faces at the cardio center(ymca) today. its almost impossible to get a treadmill right now had to deal with the elliptical. i hope a lot of ppl stick to their resolution of a fit and health lifestyle though.

hitting weights tomorrow.

kassia

Thank You Janis! I wouldn't recommend more than two non-consecutive HIIT workouts per week. Happy hopping :D

Hi Cathe

I "found" you through STS! I just started my third round using an undulating rotation, and I am incorporating Shock Cardio with it. How many plyo workouts or Hiit can I safely do in a week? (I also run during the week, alternating steady state, intervals, and tempo runs.)

I really appreciate your professionalism, your cuing, and your adherance to proper form.

Thanks!

:D

Cathe,

I just wanted you to know that you did an awesome job on this Shock Cardio. I have all of your workouts. I have been doing your workouts religiously since 1995. I absolutely LOVE Step Moves - I do it on an 8" step to up the intensity though. I LOVE all the MMA Fusion workouts also. I can't tell you which I love the most. It is a cross between Fusion and Boxing. I do enjoy the kicks in kickboxing.

Circuit Blast is just that a BLAST! I have to say that if I had to choose my favorite it would have to be Cardio Core Circuit. I cannot get enough of this one. I have only done 2 of the HIIT workouts - those are great too.

I will be going to Florida with my three daughters and sister in March and I plan on bringing the Travel Fit, Cardio Core Circuits and the MMA workouts. This will be perfect! Keep these great workouts coming our way.

Cheryl

Hi Cathe! I wanted to ask your opinion about something. About 2 weeks ago, after wearing a very hard soled pair of shoes too much for the holidays, I began to notice some heel pain that progressively got worse. I am not sure if I may have plantar fasciitis. I have rested it doing the bike and STS. I did attempt Step Moves Friday and by the end of the workout my heel was screaming. Should I continue to lay off of the high impact? During normal everyday activities I feel no discomfort in that heel. Any advice? Thanks so much for all that you do!

LOL....They ARE ridiculously hard, aren't they? Love the challenge though. Yes, you are right, you have eliminated the use of your hip flexors to assist :D

A-Jock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.