Hey, Firmie!!!

Aimee

Cathlete
I need your advice, or anyone else's out there that may know. I Was talking about how I'd like to get a lift to my butt, well I also have a hard time getting any definition to my chest. I was over on The Firm's site and they have a tape called Bust and Butt on sale. It sounds perfect for me!! Is it any good? I'd appericate any and all opions on this, cause if it is good I'm going to get it while it's on sale. Thanks in advance!!

Hi, Aimee!

I just cruised the B and B reviews at Video Fitness, and you might want to do the same. Overall, the reviews are good, but I'm not sure that it's quite what you're looking for. It appears that the only chest work is in the form of 5 sets of pushups. It does seem that it's a well balanced upper and lower body video, however.

Do you have PS CST from Cathe? It is her PS series that really helped me get the strength and definition I was looking for. You might also want to think about her Express 6 pack. There is 1 video that is just cardio and chest work ( You wouldn't have to get them all. You could just get that one video if you wanted. ) Cathe often recommends for people who are having trouble with one particular muscle group throw in some extra work for that group one day a week. So if you're doing 5 days of workouts, say 3 cardio and 2 strength, on a cardio day when you haven't just done weights the day before and won't be doing them the next day, you throw in work on the trouble group. Does that make sense?

I hope this helps!

Erin

Hi Erin,

It does help! I've never used a Firm video before and I really love Cathe's video's. I've thought about CST,but I'm weird in the sense that when I lift weight, I have to do total body that day. I tried split routines, and I felt lopsided or something. However, the one video with chest work my be just right for me!! Maybe, I'll give that a try. It sounds like just what I need for that 1 extra day on my trouble zone!! Thanks!!!!

A recommended FIRM lower body workout

is definitley NOT bust and butt. This one didn't do much for me; not very challenging upper body workout.

If you really want a good lower body workout, I would recommend tough tape. This also works the upper body as well. Check out the reviews for this one at Video Fitness.

Lorrayne

Not B&B

Skip this video. Bust & Butt is poorly organized and goes too quickly from one exercise to another. Tough Tape and Firm Strength are the best for weight training. I also like Tough Tape 2 but it's not as hard as Tough Tape.

Agree with Windy and Lorrayne

I didn't like Bust & Butt at all! I don't like pushups on the short and/or tall boxes. I also think you need more than just pushups to help develop the pectoral muscles.

Hi Aimee!

I second (or third) the tough tape suggestion. I've seen it for either $9.99 or 12.99 at Suncoast/Sam Goody stores and Borders Books. You're gonna need a bench at least 10-12 inches high. I use my Step Co. step and use 4 or 5 risers on EACH side, just make sure when you do the leg press, your foot in placed in the very middle of the step, for balance.
As far as upper body strength, The Firm did zero for me. I had better luck with Cathe's PS Chest, Tri's & Shoulders, MIS & BodyMax. Have you tried those?
Good luck with finding Tough Tape.
Myra
happy.gif

Hi Myra!!

I've never owned a Firm tape. I have MIS and Body Max, but I don't have PS Series!! I want those sooo bad!! But, like the Crosstrainer Express I've got to save my money to order the Series and the Express. I was hoping I could find something to tide me over until that happy day arrives. But if the Firm does nothing for for the upper body, forget it !! Thanks for the tip!! I owe you one !! Aimee

Bust and Butt...

is not one of the Firm's best. IMO, it's poorly edited and just not as good as the cardios that it comes from.

Alternately, I prefer Standing Legs by the Firm to any leg workout presently available anywhere. You'll know when that one is over!

Bust and Butt is not that great

I had it for awhile but traded it away. I don't hear many people speak highly of it. If you want to raise your butt you need the Firms tall box work. It will take your butt where it hasn't gone before! People actually start talking and noticing how high and firm your butt is!!! I do Standing Legs for my tall box work. It's a parts tape, which means the Firm edits the workout together from their other tapes. Some people don't like this, but I love them, as I feel it allows me to target specific areas with workout segments I love.

Tough Tape also has some great tall box segments, but it's really more of a total body workout. For a great strength workout that hits pecs and butt I'd go with the Firms Bootcamp. It is called 3 in 1 because there are actually 2 40-45 minute workouts which you can do separately or put together for a massive sweat fest. I have always done both workouts together as heavy as I can go and it's a blast.

Hope this helped a little.

Boot Camp

is a great suggestion -- one of my favorite strength workouts. I love the 3 in 1 format and I love the results.

Standing Legs, Boot Camp, Super Sculpting, and Tough Tape (the first one w/Tracie Long) are the best strength videos available, IMO.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.