Help with dvd choices

jennifercareer

Can anyone suggest a DVd rotation for me that will follow these guidelines? I'd like to only work out 45 min a day, 5 day a week. Something similar to the following...2 days cardio only. And 3 days weights for approx 25 min and cardio for 20. For the weight portion, I'm looking to keep my heart rate up and make it a cardio factor as well.

That's a hard question to answer since most of Cathe's videos are combinations of both strength and cardio. The only ones I could think of when it comes to cardio alone were Ripped With HiiT, ICE Rock'm Sock'm and her step workouts; however, none are under 20 minutes unless there is a premix out there that fits the bill. X10 is great cardio and you could always ditch the weights but even they clock in at around 30 minutes. For weights it's easier - most of the XTrain strength DVDs have time saver options. I don't have all of Cathe's video so hopefully others can help. If you're open to other trainers Jessica Smith does fit the bill as most of her DVDs are about 30 minutes (weights, cardio, weights plus cardio) and she has a ton of shorter videos on her youtube channel. She's not nearly as tough as Cathe but she's pleasant and more tailored for what it seems that you need. Good luck! :)

Jenifercareer,

What comes to my mind is: High Step Training Advanced. There are great premixes on there that I use-cardio and upper, cardio and lower, just cardio. I think the time is in your range. Also, the Cross Train Express series would work-each cardio is about 30 minutes and you could add on weights. Butts and Guts is weight training and it gets your heart rate up.

Beth

For your cardio only days is this going to be more steady state? I'm assuming you have a step? For weights are your goals to increase strength or just to maintain muscle? Do you want total body into 25 minutes or are you wanting to do a split??

I agree with Cross Train Express. You'll get enough variety so you won't get bored. The cardio is typically around 30 minutes, same with weights. Plus there are premixes for both longer cardio or longer weight segments. It's a good set.

Here's another recommendation: 4 Day Split includes cardio & weights and of course the newest series ICE as well as Ripped with HiiT.

For your cardio only days is this going to be more steady state? I'm assuming you have a step? For weights are your goals to increase strength or just to maintain muscle? Do you want total body into 25 minutes or are you wanting to do a split??

I am actually looking for fat burning to loose weight. I was working with a personal trainer and just want to continue doing this at home by myself. My routines are getting boring and I always loved my Cathe videos.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.