Help! which mp3 for CC?

golfer4

I'm trying to buy my sister an mp3 player she can use for cardio coach. I don't want an expensive one... she will only use it for CC workouts. I saw ipod shuffle at Target for $49.99 and was going to get that but was told I don't want it because her workouts would always get shuffled around and she wouldn't know which one she was doing? Do I want one with a screen that tells what workout is playing? Do you know of any inexpensive ones? Any that you use for CC and like?

My DH just got me a cheapie from KMart. Coby, maybe? All I use it for is CC and I haven't had any problem. I think it was about $25.

I own a shuffle and I use it for CC.
I had a full size ipod on my birthday wish list, but I'm really loving how light weight my shuffle is.
I'm keeping the shuffle just for CC. I have these docking ear phones and LOVE them!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...hones&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1200703056097

You can set the shuffle to shuffle the tracks /OR play them in the order they were loaded. It has a little button on top for you to choose.

The downside to the shuffle is that you really can't load all the CC volumes on at one time. Because you would have to keep skipping forward to find the volume you are wanting to do.

What I do is store all my CC volumes in itunes and load one volume on to my shuffle at a time. This forces me to put my shuffle back on the recharger anyway. The shuffle is only good for 12 hours of play and then you have to recharge.

I would stay away from anything with a "hard drive", go for one of the flash memory types. The flash memory types are more tolerant of physical stress.

>I own a shuffle and I use it for CC.
>I had a full size ipod on my birthday wish list, but I'm
>really loving how light weight my shuffle is.
>I'm keeping the shuffle just for CC. I have these docking ear
>phones and LOVE them!
>http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...hones&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1200703056097
>
>
>You can set the shuffle to shuffle the tracks /OR play them
>in the order they were loaded. It has a little button on top
>for you to choose.
>
>The downside to the shuffle is that you really can't load all
>the CC volumes on at one time. Because you would have to keep
>skipping forward to find the volume you are wanting to do.
>
>What I do is store all my CC volumes in itunes and load one
>volume on to my shuffle at a time. This forces me to put my
>shuffle back on the recharger anyway. The shuffle is only good
>for 12 hours of play and then you have to recharge.
>
>
That is what I do too. I love my shuffle.

Linda,

The Shuffle does have a non-shuffle mode.

My biggest peeve with it was that it has no screen. So it is tough to navigate and find your music / workout if you load it up with lots of stuff.

Two good shuffle options that have comparable price point, are compact, based on flash memory, but with a screen:
a. The Sansa clip from Sandisk. It comes in 1GB, 2GB and 4GB models. It is a tiny sports suitable player with a screen:
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1214964974&sr=8-1

b. The Creative Zen Stone Plus is again available in various GB capacity:
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Ston...8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1214965108&sr=1-8

I have bought players from both Creative and Sandisk for my family and they are durable and easy to use.

~* Vrinda *~

I had a cheapie mp3 player for my first. I think it was a Sony and it didn't even last a year before it broke. x(

I replaced it with a 1 gig IPod Nano. I loved it but it filled up way too fast so I got the new 8 gig for Christmas. I am in heaven!;)

Hey! Thanks everyone for all your valuable info! I knew you all would know what to do:) I got the Sansa, but now am tempted to take it back and get the ipod shuffle. I bet my sister will like having a small screen though... I'm such a tech dummy!

My Sansa has worked well for me for about 3 years now. It's 1 GB--and won't hold a ton of stuff--but is economical and works well. I'd buy another---maybe with my gigabites though. How many GB does yours have?

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

the one I got is 2gb. Would the 1gb hold all 8 CC? If so, I may get one for myself since they are not that expensive.

My 1gb held all 9 volumes of CC minus coaches notes & stretching.
Not sure if it could handle all the files because I didn't try. My son said they would all fit. He's going to school for an IT degree so I'll trust he knows:)

Cool! I didn't think it would hold all of them---just cleared it completely out to put a couple volumes down at a time. I will see how far it'll go tonight. I have 5 volumes (only tried one so far though).

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

CC is encoded at high quality to give you great sound.

Approx 7 MB per 5 minutes. So all your CCs will fit in a 1GB except you may not have room for much else.

You can always swap volumes in and out. I have an 8GB iPod Nano, but I still take out some files and put new ones every weekend. I keep a mix of workout videos, audiobooks, podcasts, music, movie/TV series on mine.

~* Vrinda *~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.