HELP!! what video do I buy?

natigirl

Hey everyone maybe you can give me some advice...I'm looking to buy a good cardio video. I've been working out with the Firm and at the gym and consider myself to be at about an intermediate level. However, I was not that thrilled with the Firm's cardio videos and have heard great things about Cathe. Can anyone recommend a good video for cardio, using the step? I'd like to get about an hour or so of cardio. Thanks for the help!
~natalie~

If you are looking to buy a good cardio video, you have indeed come to the right place. Welcome to Cathe-land where we are always more than glad to help you spend your money.

Kidding aside, all of Cathe's step routines are terrific but they can be a bit daunting if you are not already an experienced stepper. Her cueing is excellent but the choreography is complex. The energy level is very high as well and while an experienced stepper knows how to modify certain moves, a newcomer may not.

I suggest you start with Step Heat. It is a 45 minute routine and you get abs too at the end. It is one of Cathe's more basic cardio tapes and you should get the hang of it without too much difficulty. But I warn you, Cathe is very addicting. Once you get Step Heat, your gonna want more. Warm up your credit card. I promise you that you will be back ordering more tapes once you get a taste of Cathe's style. Once you work out with Cathe, nothing else will do.

Marlene

Cathe's step choreography is pretty complicated so it's probably best to start with one of her older videos like Step Heat or the Wedding Video. The choreography is more complicated than the Firm but not as complicated as her later tapes. I'd say the intensity is intermediate with some power moves but not endless power moves. Both tapes are probably a really good introduction to Cathe's style. BTW, do you have a real step or just the fanny lifter? I wouldn't recommend doing a Cathe step tape on the FL. Another good Cathe cardio tape is Cardio Kicks. It's a modified hi/lo kickboxing workout (no step). It's a lot of fun. The choreography is really simple and the intensity isn't too high except for the intensity drills at the end.

Of course if you're looking to move from intermediate to advanced, there's nothing better than interval training. Cathe's interval tape is Interval Max. I also recommend Gin Miller's Intense Moves. Doing interval training every week dramatically improved my cardio capacity.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.