Help for workouts while in a walking boot?

Cindy3

I am in a walking boot for the next several weeks with an Achilles injury. I would love some suggestions on how to maintain my fitness level. Are there specific workouts that could be easily adapted?

I would suggest to you do weight training. Since you can’t do anything like cardio because you can’t put to much weight in your leg, use a chair to sit on and do something for your upper body. And you can do ab workouts that don’t need much weight on your legs.

I would suggest to you do weight training. Since you can’t do anything like cardio because you can’t put to much weight in your leg, use a chair to sit on and do something for your upper body. And you can do ab workouts that don’t need much weight on your legs.
Thank you!

would you be able to ride an exercise bike seated? not a spin bike, not standing, but just rotate pedals?. not sure if it would be possible or beneficial, assuming you can fit the boot on the pedal. this would barely count as cardio but it would feel like motion. just a thought. definitely get an opinion from your doc before you test it out.

So it has been what seems like a century ago for me when I was in a walking boot but just getting around and doing every thing with a boot wore me out!

So I would definitely ask you to be sure you are doing what you can to recover.

Nowadays, whenever something is injured I try to see if there is anything I can focus on that I normally don't focus on.

So, in your case, I would look into seeing what upper body isolation work I could accomplish seated as well as mobility for my upper body. Also, love the suggestion of core work.

So here's a few examples that you should only do if you're able to without taxing yourself or causing discomfort :

neck mobility
https://www.collagevideo.com/blogs/fit-forever-with-kathy/48741892-peel-years-off-your-neck

Neck mobility necks stretches
Z health

Strengthening rotator cuff exercises

Towel swings are great for cardio

Here's a whole playlist for no impact/hurt foot workouts as wellhttps://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDh6UAgf3aBFUpny8uYKD6Fn9yldACXHL

But I post all this with the caveat of making sure you're giving your body PLENTY of time to recuperate..ok?

Best wishes for complete recovery! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.