Help finding standard spring clips for weight bar

ImFiddY

Cathlete
I'm looking for standard size clips (or collars or clamps) for my weight bar that are easy to grip and put on. I'm finding that my hand strength has diminished as I get older and the spring clamps are very hard for me to squeeze. I have two sets and they both seem very hard for me to squeeze.

Do they make a 1" size clip for old farts that can't squeeze so well ?? I was watching the sts dvd and their clips seem to be longer and it looks like they might be easier to squeeze but I can't find any that look to be that size.

I'm looking for standard size clips (or collars or clamps) for my weight bar that are easy to grip and put on. I'm finding that my hand strength has diminished as I get older and the spring clamps are very hard for me to squeeze. I have two sets and they both seem very hard for me to squeeze.

Do they make a 1" size clip for old farts that can't squeeze so well ?? I was watching the sts dvd and their clips seem to be longer and it looks like they might be easier to squeeze but I can't find any that look to be that size.

The olympic size clips (which I have) are easier because the levers are longer. I haven't run into any standard-sized clips with those long levers. I have a friend who uses these - http://www.amazon.com/Power-Systems-LJC-ONE-Standard-Lock-Jaw/dp/B003G09XDQ/ref=pd_sbs_sg_1

She hasn't complained about them yet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.