Heavy Bag

cb1924

Cathlete
I just purchased a heavy bag to use with Cathe's video. Very excited. I was just wondering if any knows of any other heavy bag workouts that are challenging?

chrissy

Hey Chrissy! How's my fellow 29 YO? ;) Amy's Rumble has a pretty good heavy bag section. It's not my favorite of her workouts, but it is pretty intense.

Rumor has it Josef (Tracey's co-star in Strike Zone & Cardio KB Challenge) will be making one this spring. Very excited about that!

Great news!

Rumor has it Josef (Tracey's co-star in Strike Zone & Cardio KB Challenge) will be making one this spring. Very excited about that!

I'm glad to hear it! I got DH to do Cardio KB Challenge last weekend and he really liked Josef's instructing... he said Josef should make his own video.

Anything to get my DH off his seat and on his feet!

Check out Tracey's blog at fitbytracey.com. Josef is making 3 new workouts this spring. She'll be in them as a modifier. Hopefully Jericho will return too--I really liked her style & I think she could have a heck of a career in home fitness DVDs if she has the desire.

All 3 are martial arts workouts, & one is supposed to be a heavy bag DVD.

Amy's Kickbox Extreme has a short heavy bag section as well (and I mean short, like 6 min) but it gets the HR up there :D

Theresa

and Laura-I LOVE the quote w/ your signature :p

Thankyou for your responses.

chrissy

Laura-I love that avatar. I missed it after you changed it. Cookie Monster and the Shinning-what a combo!!

Hey Chrissy,

Check back in after you receive your Pit w/os and let us know how they are. I'd like some more heavy bag w/os as well. Thanks. :D

Kathryn
Do you have these workouts? Are they for advanced? They aren't available right now. I was put on a list. Thanks for the info.
chrissy
I have them, but I haven't used them for a while.
I think they are the kind of workout that you get out of them what you put into them. Even the 'basic' workout (which teaches the moves in a shorter workout) impressed me as being usable by intermediate/advanced kickboxers, and not just a throw-away workout.

Hey Chrissy,

Check back in after you receive your Pit w/os and let us know how they are. I'd like some more heavy bag w/os as well. Thanks. :D

I did one of the workouts so far. And it was tough. I got cross pit DVD. It has 2 workouts on it. This workout is not coreographed (sp?). It is a guy with a stop watch telling 3 students to start and stop. It is about 30 minutes of work (i think) It says on the DVD it is 30 minutes but it was longer- so they must have been referring to the actual work portion. My counter on DVD restarted after every segment.
It starts off with a 5 minute warmup.
1st segment
5 rounds of (or 6) 20 sec drills of hitting bag (any punches you want) then 10 sec rest
5 rounds of 20 sec drills of head kicks to the bag. 10 sec rest
1 minute rest
2nd segment-this one is tough!!
6 rounds of 20sec squats, 20sec pushups, 20 sec squat thrusts, 20 sec hitting and kicking the bag
1 minute rest
3rd segment
5 rounds 20 sec squats followed by 10 sec rest (but in the squat position)
5 rounds 20 sec pushups followed by 10 sec rest ( in plank position)
5 rounds of row crunches (up on butt pulling upper and lower body together followed by rest (in knees and upper body together)

I really liked it. I loved puching the bag with full force. Gets your frustrations out. You kinda go at your own pace since it isn't coreographed. So as Cathe says " you get out of it what you put into it"

As I do more I will let you know.

chrissy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.