Healthy drinks on the way home

babyruth2

It takes me about 40 min. to drive from work to home. I drink water all day with a glass of tea for lunch. I do not have a coke habit but want something to drink but water. Would drinking a presweetened drink mix(lemonade,tea) be considered a good alternative? I can use any suggestions you can offer me. thanks

Here's something I've been doing recently when I get bored of plain old water...I buy cans of sparkling water. I add about an ounce of either POM juice or pomegranate blueberry juice to it on ice. It's refreshing and tasty and something different! Besides, you're getting the antioxidants too! I just make sure it's 100% juice. That juice is expensive, so this is the way I "stretch it out".

Hope that helps,
Heidi

Water with Emergen-C in it.
Coconut water.
Unsweetened tea, with your own sweetener of choice (maybe stevia?) added.

What do you think of the sparkling water beverages that are naturally flavored with strawberry, peach, cherry, and lots of other flavors? They are sweetened with Splenda. I think they are a nice diversion when I'm needing something to keep me off my "coke habit." ;)

i buy all different blends of teas and sweeten it with rock cane sugar. now that the cold weather is here i'm using spicier blends blends with Mate and white chai tea. i also like vitamin water, so many different flavors to choose from (not as healthy as tea though).

I really like Izze sparkling juices. I only drink them occasionally (mostly I drink water) but they're really good and not too sweet. Just natural fruit juice and sparkling water with no added sugar.

I brew my own iced tea every day. I just make a cup of tea and then pour it over ice-cubes with a squeeze of lemon in my stainless steel bottle. I'll add a little more water to fill up the bottle.

I alternate several different kinds. Lately I've been drinking this green tea acai berry stuff which is pretty good.

One of my favorite drinks for summer is water with lemon, lime, mint, and cucumber. It's the most refreshing drink ever.

I alternate several different kinds. Lately I've been drinking this green tea acai berry stuff which is pretty good.

One of my favorite drinks for summer is water with lemon, lime, mint, and cucumber. It's the most refreshing drink ever.
Mmm...those sound good!
I've heard of putting slices of cucumber in water (Europeans do it), but I've never tried it. I imagine it would be refreshing.

I've got a bunch of mint (supposed to be 'chocolate mint,' but I don't taste much chocolate) growing in my front yard/garden, as well as some stevia plants. I've made mint sun tea, sweetened with the stevia leaves, before, and it was good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.