healthy, clean peanut butter?

fargomom

Cathlete
Lately I've been using "Smart Balance Omega Natural Peanut Butter, creamy." I know this is probably better than the old Jif standby, haha, but can someone else recommend an even better one?

I don't like to have to store it in the refrigerator and stir it (one big reason I chose the smart balance one) and I also like a yummy taste.

(I also tried searching to see if something was already posted on this question, but couldn't find didly squat.) I apologize if I (a) can't search correctly and (b) am repeating a common question.

:)

I think Smucker's All Natural is the best. Great flavor. But you have to stir it.

Sparrow

"The winds of grace are always blowing but it's you who must raise your sail." - Sri Ramakrishna

Crazy Richards. All peanuts...nothing else, but the consistancy is similar to the regular stuff. LOVE IT!!!

Naturally More Peanut Butter. I don't refrigerate it, but you do have to stir it when you open it. http://www.peanutsnack.com (I buy it at Super Wal*mart)

I also for a crunchy version like the Krema brand (Meijer and Kroger carry it), but again you have to stir!

I think the Smart Balance is as good or better than the others, because it has flaxseed oil in it too. I love it --especially when I dip apple slices in it. YUM!

The best pb I've ever had is the "grind your own" at Whole Foods from organic peanuts. They have a machine in the store and you grind as much pb as you want.

We use MaraNatha Organic No Stir PB. Its YUMMMMMMMMY! and I don't store it in the fridge. Ingredients: Organic Dry Roasted Peanuts, Organic Palm Oil, Organic Evaporated Cane Sugar, Sea Salt.

I also like the all natural smuckers ok and grind your own is good too if you have that nearby. You can make it at home too if you want to do that.

i absolutely love smuckers all natural with honey. i eat up to 3 tablspoons of it a day! you do have to stir it though and it needs to be refrigerated. but it is soooooo good!

I am absolutely nuts (ha, pun intended) for Trader Joe's Organic Creamy Peanut Butter. It's sugar free and made with roasted Valencia peanuts, which are naturally sweet. They make them in a no salt version, too (the regular version just has roasted peanuts and salt as the ingredients).

Because there are no preservatives, you do have to refrigerate it, but that's fine by me. It's so incredibly yummy. I put it in EVERYTHING--oatmeal, smoothies, with fruit, and of course in a PBJ. I can't go a day without having it in something :).

I just bought some organic peanut butter. I look at the ingredients when I choose. Peanuts and a healthy oil is the best. I have ground my own from raw peanuts but do have to add some oil and stir a lot. I avoid extra salt and sweetners. Just put peanuts and oil in a blender and mix it till it is the texture that you want:)

Organic Once Again Crunchy PB without salt is the best PB I've ever tasted in my life. Crazy Richard's is okay until you eat this stuff. Then you can't go back. I am the not-so-proud owner of 3 extra pounds this year due to Once Again. :-(

What are the ingredients in "Once Again PB?" I went on their site, and it doesn't say. Is it just peanuts?

What are the ingredients in "Once Again PB?" I went on their site, and it doesn't say. Is it just peanuts?

"Organically grown dry roasted unblanched (with peanut skins) peanuts." A great way to put on a few pounds, if that's your goal. ;-)

I agree with another poster that I enjoy the "grind your own" organic PB at Whole Foods. More recently I have been eating raw no sodium added almond butter. It is so delicious. If you are trying to get kids to like the healthier nut butters you can try adding a bit of the healthy to their old kind and gradually over time add more and more of the healthy nut butter until it is 100%.

Monica

checking back in

Hi again. I was at the groc store the other day and had forgotten to bring a list of all the suggestions (which were great by the way, thanks!) so I ended up going with "Krema Natural Peanut Butter - Creamy." The only ingredient is peanuts. And the verdict? Delicious! It rates way better than the Smart Balance I was eating, so now this is my new fave. I'm not sure if it's a well-known or easily found PB or not. I got it at my local grocery store. So, yeah, just checking back in to let you all know what I decided. Thanks again for the great input!

Hi again. I was at the groc store the other day and had forgotten to bring a list of all the suggestions (which were great by the way, thanks!) so I ended up going with "Krema Natural Peanut Butter - Creamy." The only ingredient is peanuts. And the verdict? Delicious! It rates way better than the Smart Balance I was eating, so now this is my new fave. I'm not sure if it's a well-known or easily found PB or not. I got it at my local grocery store. So, yeah, just checking back in to let you all know what I decided. Thanks again for the great input!

I just this week bought the Krema crunchy at Meijer and the Meijer Organic crunchy PB (my family has to have the chunky/ crunchy PB!

Jess

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.