having trouble with live

Thanks garance, can you tell me if you've tried rebooting your router and also clearing your browser's cache?

I’m using my iPad with Safari. To reboot, I would just unplug the router wait a few minutes and then plug it back in? I tried using the app to do a regular non-live video and it isn't loading. I will reboot tonight.

Last edited:
Yes- Pressing play several times and it will load. Hoping the switch solves the problem Thanks!

This morning was quite frustrating. Pressing play 10 + times and PHA 2020 would not play. I exited the roku and it played but then paused to load several times during the warmup and I had to quit and go to a different workout service.

Any time line on when the switch to Akamai will happen? This problem seems to be getting worse.

So I just played All in Upper Body and it played fine. I didn't play the whole video, but it definitely lasted longer than when I tried it earlier this week.

Please tell me there will be a fix to Cathe Live via Roku soon!!! This has been going on too long and seems to be getting worse. At first, I had to just hit PLAY multiple times before it would begin to play the workout, but now once I get it to start, it freezes, skips, audio keeps going and video doesn't or vice versa... it's just unusable on my Roku tv which is what I have in my workout room. This week I had to stream from my iPhone or Mac.

This morning was quite frustrating. Pressing play 10 + times and PHA 2020 would not play. I exited the roku and it played but then paused to load several times during the warmup and I had to quit and go to a different workout service.

Any time line on when the switch to Akamai will happen? This problem seems to be getting worse.

We're close to being done with the transfer and plan on being finished before the end of this month. We finished uploading all of the videos to Akamai on yesterday and were now working on the final implementation.

Last edited:
So I just played All in Upper Body and it played fine. I didn't play the whole video, but it definitely lasted longer than when I tried it earlier this week.

We only had a few people report this issue, but it really seems like just a strange hard cache problem. Hopefully whatever it was is fixed now.

I just did Upper Body with Core Express and the sound was fine, but the video wasn't quite in sync with the sound. It wasn't an issue because I could see what Cathe was doing and follow her voice. It seemed like the video would catch up with itself every now and then. I had made a note to myself about Total Body Blast with Step not that long ago about the same issue. At that time I thought maybe it was just that video.
Yesterday I did Repping it Rounds and it worked fine. It did stop at 31 minutes and I had to restart it, but that has happened to me before and I was able to restart it and finish the video.
Last weekend I did watch Jingle All the Way and no issues.
I was wondering about the lag for the first two videos I mentioned and that those are older videos.

I just did Upper Body with Core Express and the sound was fine, but the video wasn't quite in sync with the sound. It wasn't an issue because I could see what Cathe was doing and follow her voice. It seemed like the video would catch up with itself every now and then. I had made a note to myself about Total Body Blast with Step not that long ago about the same issue. At that time I thought maybe it was just that video.
Yesterday I did Repping it Rounds and it worked fine. It did stop at 31 minutes and I had to restart it, but that has happened to me before and I was able to restart it and finish the video.
Last weekend I did watch Jingle All the Way and no issues.
I was wondering about the lag for the first two videos I mentioned and that those are older videos.
I wrote this on Friday Jan 17 & forgot to click post. I did Scrambled Cardio & Weights Sat morning with no issues.

I have not had any problems the last 3 times, Thursday (all in upper body), Friday (boxing, hit, and core), and today (the new bootcamp burn).

I too am having the loading issue with Roku. I usually only have to try 2 to 3 times before it plays. The bigger issue for me right now is the video jumping a second or two once it finally plays. It consistently does this jumping during the entire video. Today I ended up choosing to move on to someone other than Cathe. None of my other streaming through Roku has this problem.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.