Have you had this conversation with before?

mom418

Cathlete
My mom- so which instructors do you like?
me-Cathe
mom-Kathy Smith?
me- no, Cathe Friedrich, all the other workout videos are compared to hers.
She is the best. I go on to explain gift card options, and that I won't stop liking Cathe anytime soon. I will still like her years down the road. (for future birthday, Christmas, groundhog day....)

Not really sure how she doesn't remember me talking to her about Cathe quite a lot, although she lives several states away, we don't talk a whole lot. hence the gift card, shipping doesn't get easier :)

Anybody else run into this? Does your family 'get' it?

Nobdy "gets" it except other Cathletes. I wish more people in my close circle would jump on board, but so far, not one. That's why I'm thankful for sites like this one that allows us to share just how much we like and appreciate Cathe's workouts.

Same here...there's nobody in my real life I can connect with about Cathe. Even my friends who are into fitness (um, that's three people).

That's why I come to this forum and am grateful to Cathe for giving it to us so we can connect and share. :)

The only one that gets my..ahem..enthusiasm for Cathe is my husband, although he hasn't jumped on the workout bandwagon with me (at least not yet!). For my birthday this year (I turned 40 in October), he took one of my Cathe dvds for a suprise. I noticed right away the case was missing, of course, and asked him what was up. He was like, "ummm, don't know what you're talking about!". Then my birthday came up, and this was my cake:

030.jpg

Tee hee! :eek:

AWESOME!!!!

The only one that gets my..ahem..enthusiasm for Cathe is my husband, although he hasn't jumped on the workout bandwagon with me (at least not yet!). For my birthday this year (I turned 40 in October), he took one of my Cathe dvds for a suprise. I noticed right away the case was missing, of course, and asked him what was up. He was like, "ummm, don't know what you're talking about!". Then my birthday came up, and this was my cake:

View attachment 2679

WHAT A GREAT HUBBY YOU HAVE!!!!!

I get strange looks from my family, especially when I started STS. My sister asked if I was trying to become a bodybuilder. I just want more muscle, less fat, more endurance.

cokonkel that's a great cake, what a thoughtful hubby :)

One of the great reasons to attend a road trip you meet a lot of like minded ladies there who understand our "Cathe addiction :eek:"

Wow , what a supportive husband! Congratulation for your 40 th----. The cake picture worth being framed and kept as a 40th souvenir! Possibly put it up on your Gym room wall should you have one!

I've had this conversations too many times to count. On a bright note, I do believe I may have sparked an interest in my SIL. This was her FB post on my timeline:

"I am on day 1 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred! :p Figured I would tell you since you are the workout queen, and by telling someone I am more accountable for my actions lol! Hoping to move my way up to some Cathe when/if I get through this one".

Another one bites the dust ;):eek:.

Natasha

LOL! My sister in law is close to trying them too. I think I'll get her some of the DVD's sometime. She has been doing Jillian's 6 week six pack.

I've had this conversations too many times to count. On a bright note, I do believe I may have sparked an interest in my SIL. This was her FB post on my timeline:

"I am on day 1 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred! :p Figured I would tell you since you are the workout queen, and by telling someone I am more accountable for my actions lol! Hoping to move my way up to some Cathe when/if I get through this one".

Another one bites the dust ;):eek:.

Natasha

This must make you feel so great! (FYI, 30 day shred was the start of my path to Cathe, so your SIL wouldn't be the only one to start there). :)

This must make you feel so great! (FYI, 30 day shred was the start of my path to Cathe, so your SIL wouldn't be the only one to start there). :)

Pam,

I was very surprised when I saw this post on my timeline. I DID feel good, especially since I had no idea she thought of me as the "workout queen" lol. I used 30-Day Shred to lose post-partum lbs before I found Cathe. That workout has a special place in my heart :).

Take care,

Natasha

That FB post is cool MiniNatty!

I'm another that started with Jillian before progressing to Cathe. I was doing her 90 day Body Revolution and was looking for the next step. I ordered LIS bundle to use after I finished Body Revolution and I never did finish...the call was too strong to start LIS.

There is no substitute. Has to be Cathe. Any other instructor, we're getting tired of their voice, or hearing their stories over an over. Even when I've done the workout many times before, her well timed jokes are still funny. No one challenges us while having fun like her.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.