Have you ever heard

ReneePruitt

Cathlete
Of when you lift weights (heavy) or moderate weights bruising occurs?
I can tell you I am not hitting my self with the weight so that isn't it. It happens a lot lately. I'll find bruising around the arms here and there like under the arm tricep area and biceps. It's just strange cause everyone keeps asking where I got the bruises and it only happens lifting moderate to heavy and it doesn't hurt. I was just wondering can lifting itself cause some bruising?
One of my sons had told me they seen it a lot in the gym lifting during wrestling season on some guys. But he didn't know if they hit it or what. But I promise I have not hit it. I am sure I'd have figured it out by now if that's was the case.
Just want to know why and what would that cause it? Have you heard of it at all?

Hi Renee,

I would not explain why cause I don't know the exact reason a part from the stress caused by lifting.

I had bruises Jan/ Feb last year while on STS. It does disappear after few days.

Happy lifting Renee,

Last edited:
Renee, it happens to me, as well, so for some of us, it's normal. If the bruises bother you, arnica gel will make them fade quickly.

I tend to bruise easily, regardless.

No it doesn't bother me at all. I was curious as to why it happens if I'm not hitting my arm or dropping anything. I was wondering could it have something to do with the muscle fibers? You know how they say there are microscopic tears in the muscle fibers and then the repair is wear it gets build back up. So was wondering if that could be why it happens or was I strange . Lol thanks!

Hi Renee,

I'm back on your thread to re-assure you are not strange. Bruises do occur lifting those weight ;-)

I have noticed bruises on my thigh this morning. So yes it does happen and I am not worried. I have just completed meso 2 sts ;-)

Happy lifting Renee,

Nathalie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.