HATE - Mar 14

Arista, did you manage to get any sleep last night? I can't wait to see your ring. Make sure you post a picture of it. Kay? A tropical honeymoon sounds great. My DH and I couldn't afford a trip when we got married so we traveled about 20 miles to a small historic inn and spent about a week there. We had a lovely time, though, and went back many times to celebrate our anniversary.

Deb, my DH loves seafood and I actually have an aversion to it. I can't even touch it. Canned Italian tuna packed in olive oil is the only seafood I will eat and I really have to be in the mood for it. We're talking tuna cakes or tuna and noodle casserole, and that's it.

Diane, I'm really thrilled to hear how well your parents are doing. I remember how worried you were about their weight and overall health. You must be so relieved, especially about your mom! Wow, it's so cool that she's turning to you and your sister for support. I'd be interested in hearing more details about your moms eating and exercise regimen.

I feel better with the knowledge that someone else likes those shoes. I hate the thought of completely sacrificing form over function. I want and need comfy, supportive shoes, but I'm still young enough that I want them to be cute, too.

I can not believe how long this is. Has anyone posted anything at all about doing a workout today?

Michele, I love the shoes and hope they fit.

Diane, that's great about your parents. I wish I could get my daughter to eat healtier.

I think August is going to be exhausted tomarrow.

I love, love, love seafood. And chicken. And red meat, although I don't eat much of that. And beans, although I don't eat enough of that. I tried eating vegetarian once, but it was too hard cooking two meals everyday. Now I just plan on something vegetarian when only DH and I will be home.

I plan on doing Drill Max after work. There, take that.

Don't try to keep up Shelley, just post random thoughts like the rest of us are doing.

Robin - OK, I confess that I'm going to do Cathe's High Step Challenge today after my FIANCE (oooh, I like the sound of that) goes to work in a few minutes. But I'm skipping the high step-ups (I know, kinda defeats the purpose of the "high step" challenge.) I'm with Jen though - I don't need these legs to get any beefier (speaking of beef). LOL

Diane- That is great news about your parents. It must be much harder to make changes to your diet as you get older. But that's so cool that they can actually feel how much better it is to eat right.

OK.. I'm going to go work out now. BBL!!!:)

Just to keep the threat going, I thought I would add that I just ate a huge chocolate chip cookie.

}( }( }( }(

Ooooh, I just saw that I was near 1,000 posts, so I better keep posting...

Umm, well I just told another co-worker at lunch that I am pregnant. She was super excited.

So, Diane, when do you plan to tell everyone at your office? Are you waiting for the end of your first trimester? I remember how much fun it was devising cool and interesting ways to tell people. I had one of my good friends over, smacked down a box of Tampax on the table and said "I won't be needing these for a while, so you might as well have them." :p

Tried. It's filtered here at work. Will have to try at home later. I'm am sooooo tired. I think it's because I've gone cold turkey without sugar today. Yup, not a cookie, not a candy, nada. And nodding off if what I am.

I'm headed out of here soon. On to the grocery store, then home to drill max, cook and paint. Hmmmm, a new workout - DC&P.

OK guys, I'm very sorry but I couldn't even read all the posts because I am so busy at work today. I just wanted to quickly pop in to congratulate Arista! It is true - She who dares, wins.:)

Come on you guys-keep posting-we're up to 69 of them (am I the only one who wants to reach 100 today?)--deb

Shelley - I am planning on telling everyone either at 13 weeks (start of second trimester) or after my next appt, which would be 14 1/2 weeks. I am not sure yet. Part of me just wants to get it out there and it not be secret anymore, but it would seem silly to not just wait one more week to have another appt and make sure everything is okay again before telling...

So I think it is most likely I will telling 3 weeks from today after my next appt unless I start showing before then or something.

Did I tell everyone that I rented a baby doppler to hear the heartbeat at home? I got it in the mail this morning and I can't wait to go try it out at home.

I am a little worried because the doctor couldn't find it on her doppler at my last appt (a week ago) but she didn't spend more than a couple minutes looking and I will have a lot more patience. But I will TRY not to freak out if I don't find it, sometimes they are hard to find.

Too bad I didn't shell out the extra to get the recorder option, I could have posted the heartbeat online...

I did Pushpull upperbody premix plus Amy Bento's #1 abs.
today:) (someone said something about no one mentioning
their workout, so there ya are!;-) )

Plus it's #70 post}(

Oh, and I haven't worked out in a month. I keep having this vision of me doing all my Cathe workouts during my maternity leave and getting really in shape by the time I get back to work (12 weeks). However, since my muscles have turned to mush, and I haven't done any cardio to speak of, it is doubtful I will even be able to DO a Cathe workout before I come back to work.

Did anyone notice I have less than 200 days now until the baby is born!?!

I feel an obligation to actually SAY sometimes in each post or else I didn't really "earn" my 1,000.

Michele - Wow, those are some beautiful pictures. That must have been a nice camera.

On that note, DH and I are looking to buy a digital camcorder before the baby comes as a joint b-day present (our bdays are one day apart in May). Anyone have a good ditigal camcorder they like?

I did Pushpull upperbody premix plus Amy Bento's #1 abs.
today:) (someone said something about no one mentioning
their workout, so there ya are!

*GASP* I KNEW there was something I was supposed to be doing today -- lol!

Diane, oooh, a doppler! I just love medical toys. Did you see my post ^^^ there, well, 2 of my posts. I'm curious about your moms diet and exercise program, and has anyone looked at teh photo album I found? It's very, very cool -- at least I think it's cool...very cool;)

ETA oh hey, Diane, run the slide show to get the full effect:)

I think a camcorder is the way to go. We've never owned one so I can't advise you.

Oh, my mom's diet plan and exercise.

She has modified Eat to Live to add some more meat because she needs more dense proteins for her Crohn's.

For breakfast I think she eat either steel cut oats (which I introduced her too), oatmeal or Kashi Go Lean with soy milk (my parents like soy milk now!!) and a piece of fruit.

She makes a big fruit salad every couple of days and I think she eats a big portion of that for lunch with some kind of protein, like beans. My step dad eats an apple, orange and pear for lunch. He never really ate much for lunch anyway so that is fine with him, but I would be completely starving without a protein and grains.

Then for dinner they eat some sort of vegetable, whole grain (brown rice) and maybe grilled chicken. She doesn't eat as many salads as the diet calls for because I think lots of greens cause her stomach problems. And they have learned much healthier cooking habits (just a spritz of Pam to cook, not a bunch of oil!!!)

As for exercise, I bought her some Leslie Sansome videos a while back and I think she does one of those that she likes. She also just walks around their neighborhood (they live in the hill country, so it is actually a tough walk with those hills). She counts things like gardening as exercise, but at least she is moving. I think she should be able to add in some toning exercises once she loses enough weight. She always injures herself when we tries to do any toning.

She still probably has about 50 more to lose, but she is on the right track!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.