Has anyone tried the Addiction heavy bag series?

I have this series and enjoy it a lot. Hitting a heavy bag makes a big difference; you have to keep your abs tight. There are five DVDs and they all have followed the same format. You do a series of pushes and kicks with different calisthenics (i.e. pushups, sit ups, jumping jacks) in between combinations. You do all one side, (i.e. start punches with right side) then you do your other side. There is a countdown clock between combinations. There is one 45 second rest between sides. It ends with a thorough stretch. There is very little chorography (think Cathe’s Heavy Bag Bonus Workout just longer 30-45min) which may be monotonous for some but I don’t mind this, I’m not the most coordinated person on the block. The background music has a consistent beat which makes it easy to keep the punching pace up. The production value isn’t the greatest, but it is easy to follow. My only complaint is that Merle’s voice reminds me of a Macaw.

I've only done the first workout so far. I believe there are 5 DVDs and 1 is instructional. I really liked the intensity. Cathe's Rockout Knockout heavy bag bonus seems very similar to me but Cathe's is much shorter. There are jumping jacks, burpees, tricep dips etc in between boxing/kickboxing.

Thanks for the reviews/input. I will definitely check this series out for sure. Also thinking about getting T25 but not sure if it's just Insanity-lite, a series I didn't really like in the first place (too boring).

Is this mostly punching (XT Heavy Bag) or is it more like the Rockout Knockout HB Bonus (i.e., jacks, kicks, and those dreaded burpess)?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.