Has anyone NOT taken a break between Mesocycles??

princessbear

Cathlete
I'm just wondering if anyone didn't take more than a few days between Mesos?? I'm going into my 3rd week of Meso 1, and just found out I need ANOTHER shoulder surgery - this time the AC Joint. Oy!

Anyway - I want to get through at least Meso 2 before my surgery on 7/31 - and then I'm out of commission again for "real" workouts until about the end of October (double oy).

So ... has anyone NOT taken the full week off? I know it is the ideal thing to do ... but what are the cons of only taking, say, 3 days off before starting back up?

Thanks!!

Hi,

I didn't take a break between Meso 1 and Meso 2 or between 2 & 3..I am starting my second week of Meso 3 Sunday..

I was wondering the same thing. I don't want to take a break between Meso 2 & 3. I took a week off between Meso 1 & 2, when I started back my joints killed me for a week. Meso 3 is going to be heavier weights too. I would like to just keep going. Any advice????????????

I did not take any week off breaks. I did all the Meso's everyother day. I did not do more then 2 days of cardio a week. I rested in between Meso's days if needed. It worked fine for me. Peggy

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. How do you all FEEL? Do you feel you getting good results? You don't feel like you are overtraining?

Hi,

I do not feel like I am overtraining at all. I do the STS workouts on Sunday, Tue, and Wed, and on Mon, Thurs and Friday I do cardio. Rest on Saturday. I have done this for all Meso cycles. I too, was afraid to take the rest week in between Meso cycles, because I thought I would slack off or something...I felt good about doing the workouts and I didn;t want that to go away..

I finished STS a couple weeks ago, and never took the breaks between the mesos. I ended up with a few breaks here and there because of various life stuff - but never a full week (maybe 3 days). And no, I didn't have any problems and yes, I think I got good results from the program. I just make sure I listen to my body and respond appropriately. If something is feeling funky, I take a break regardless of where I am in a rotation or whatever. And if I'm feeling good and going full-steam, I'm not going to break my momentum just because I have time off scheduled.

I did the 3 month rotation the first time through, and I only took a break between meso 2 and 3. This time, I'm doing the 6 mos rotation, and I can't wait to get my recovery week in. I will be taking all of them this time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.