Has Anyone Caught Dr. Phil's shows on weight loss issues?

honeybunch1

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-02 AT 06:13AM (Est)[/font][p]He has dealt with it on two shows now - and it's pretty much what you'd expect from him.

If you don't have a medical reason for being overweight (which VERY few really do), it's your habits that are making you fat, in a nutshell.

I'm sure he angered a whole lot of people, but he always tells it like it is - take responsibility for your situation, and do something about it.

This is from his website:

Stop Choosing to Be Overweight

If you are obese, you're putting your health at risk. You need to take control of your weight to reduce the possibility of suffering serious complications. Having tried and failed in the past is no excuse to give up on yourself now. Dr. Phil spells out the most common weight loss pitfalls so that you can avoid them.

Making Excuses
What is your excuse? You don't have time to work out? Well, do you have time to die from complications related to obesity? You're too busy working? Why? So you can pay for the funeral? Get real! Life Law #1 is "You either get it or you don't." What is making you fat? It isn't your schedule or your metabolism or your willpower. Stop making excuses.

Letting Weight Work
Life Law #3 is, "People Do What Works." How is your weight working for you? What is your payoff for being overweight? Does the weight protect you by providing a barrier? Is the weight a form of rebellion? Do you get attention from it by playing the victim? Is your overeating a way of getting pleasure? Accept that you have chosen to be overweight because of the payoff, and have stayed overweight by having a lifestyle that contributes to it.

Dieting
Diets don't work because dieting is not a long-term solution. If you diet to lose weight, you'll gain the weight back once you get off the diet. Remember, you behave your way to success. There are no quick fixes. Even gastric bypass surgeries can only provide short-term results if your behavior and thinking don't change.

Triggers
What triggers you to overeat? Is it a certain time of the day? Do you turn to food when you get upset? Life Law #4 is, "You can't change what you don't acknowledge." So you need to be honest about how you are using food, and change the way you respond to your triggers.

Labeling
What is your internal dialogue saying? That you're a failure? A quitter? That you'll never lose weight? If so, you need to change these labels and limiting beliefs because they are sabotaging your efforts. How will you change if you don't believe you can change? How can you lose the weight this time if deep down you believe that the outcome is predestined and that you are destined to fail?

Just Do It! :)

Thanks Dr. Phil. I hope he takes his own advice because the last time I saw him, it appearts that he could stand to lose a few pounds himself.

:)

I caught the first show on this topic (the week before last, I think). It was amazing how many times the women on the show said something to the effect that society puts barriers in place for them to not lose weight. There was one woman that had lost 100+ pounds & had gained back abut 30. She was insistent that the weight gain was her own fault but the other women tried to convince her it wasn't. All I can say is...

"How's that working for ya?"

I'm ready to take the next step! http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/a_smil09.gif

That is so funny. Now you said it, you right. He sure did not look fit. May be we can teach him few cathe's tricks. :)

Oooooooooo, Honeybunch, sound advice from Dr Phil (will print this off), is there any way that we can get Dr Phil on British TV, PLEASE ???????????????????

Anna :)

I saw it the other day and yes I taped his show! Dr. Phil didn't look too fat IMO. He IS 6'4

Jill, Video Hoochie Mama and Vegas Fanatic!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.