Hardcore Maniacs for December 5th

SheWolf

Cathlete
This morning's workout was really different. Again a lot of bodyweight exercises and while I am tired when I am done, I really do miss actually lifting something other than myself.

Superset A
DB Step ups
8/8/8 - 30's
Grasshopper Pushups
8/8/8 per side
***Apparently I had an injury in my right glute that I was unaware of, because as soon as I started the step ups there was pain in my right side. Pretty sore now***
***For grasshopper pushups you take one leg and swing it under your body so that your left foot is near your right hand, then do a pushups, these were weird***

Superset B
DB Renegade Rows
8 - 20's
8/8 - 25's ***these are rows done in pushup position***
SB Leg Curl
20/20/20
SB X-Body Mountain Climbers ***feet on ball***
8/8/8 per side

Superset C
Hanging Leg Raises
8/8/8
SB Rotational Jacknifes
8/8/8 - per side
Plank on SB
30 sec hold x 3

Then interrval cardio at 30/90 ration doing suicides.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Was confused yesterday and thought we were doing GS legs so I actually started off with squats using 100# and doing all the reps and low ends, etc. Then when I looked to see it was really 4DS legs, I went into it doing....

Front Squats w/wedge 45# 2/12

DB Deadlifts 25's and 2 sets (really didn't feel like I was doing much here..I am use to deadlifting much more, I guess)

Round2
DB Plie Squats 45# 2/16 (loved this one..interesting and felt it)

Leg Press 12's 2/12

Round 3
Low Plain Lunges 12's 2/10 (I fell in the beginning)

Leg Press w/Ankle Weights 15# DB and 5# AW 2/12

Round 4
Step Outs w/Purple Band

Squats 80# (lots of reps)

LEGS AND GLUTES:
Standing Leg Ext on 3 risers 5# AW and 15#DB 1/16 and 1/12

Calf Raises

Standling Leg Ext 5# AW

Standing Outer Thigh Lifts 5# AW

Hamstring Press on HS 5# AW

Glute Raises 5# AW

Outer Thigh/Glute Sweeps 5# AW...Iyiyi

Today is KPC and cleaning.

Linda,

However, you do very very well with your own body weight. Your workouts are always smokin'

Diane Sue,

About the hypnosis cds..I listen to them at night and fall asleep peacefully that way. Most of the other times, I am reading books on paranormal stuff, etc. and those are the times my Dh will make remarks.

Good morning everyone! Nice workout Linda & Char! Char, nice going with 4DS lets. Are you sore today???

Today was cardio and I did one of the mixes I made with Cardio Coach. Had a good workout even though I'm really hating cardio. Then I did the Ab Work from Kick, Punch & Crunch.

Cardio stats:
50 minutes
39 minutes in zone
322 calories burned
3 miles travelled

Stats including ab work:59 minutes
40 minutes in zone
362 calories burned

Hope you all have a great Friday and weekend!

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did Squeeze Stronger for the first time. This is a really good one, I thought. I am really feeling it about now. I think it's about 80 min. I had a hard time climbing the stairs again as legs are numb and shakey. Ya'll know how I love that!

So happy it's Friday!!! Short work day for me today...Yeah!!

Really missing my bike riding outside, but it's so cold. I need to just man-up and get out there!! :mad:

Good morning peeps!

Today was shoulders and triceps. For some reason my tricep work was extra tough today. I have no idea why. I didn't increase any of my weight and it didn't feel that hard last week and my shoulder work wasn't harder than normal. Hmmm...

Instead of starting with Standing Reverse Flyes (I did these earlier in the week), I subbed in a rotator cuff exercise from what Gregg gave me to do and I used a blue band that I got from the PT - one of the harder-to-use ones that I had graduated up to.

Active Resisted External Rotation - Rotator Cuff - Blue Band
3 sets of 15 reps each shoulder

Tricep Pushdown – Rope
10r 8r 6r 4r
55# 60# 65# 70#

Side Raises
10r 8r 6r 4r
7.5# 10# 12.5# 15#

Skull Crushers - Barbell
10r 8r 6r 8r
30# 30# 35# 40#
I did 8 reps with 40# b/c my range of motion was so small b/c it seemed so heavy this week so I figured if I didn't have much range of motion at least I would get more reps in!

Front Raises
10r 8r 8r 4r
7.5# 10# 12.5# 15#
The 8 reps with 12.5# was an accident. I lost count.

Tricep Kickbacks
10r 8r 6r 4r
12.5# 15# 17.5# 20#
I'm now doing these one arm at a time b/c they are bothering my shoulder more.

Overhead Tricep Press
25# 15r 22.5# 15r x 2
These were just too tough today at 25# so I lightened up on the weight so I could get a better ROM, otherwise it didn't seem worth it.

Linda - Your bodyweight workouts look really tough. It seems like there is a lot of balance involved in some of those moves. I still struggle with anything that has to do with my feet on the ball. I'm all over the room!

Charlotte - I can't even imagine you doing deads with 25's! That would be like marshmallows for you. :p Nice workout!

Debbie - I thought you were starting to enjoy your cardio a bit more, but no? Darn it! I wish there was something that would hook you. You still do a great job with it.

Dallys - You're really rockin' the squeeze workouts! And they seem to be working. It will be interesting to see how you do on the mountain the next time you "man up" and get out there. :)

So WHERE IS LORA???????

Char - I hear you on the Deads with DB. The Turbulance Training wants you to do them with dumbbells, but I don't have DB heavy enough so that I feel like I did anything. So I use my barbell.

Debbie
- Nice job on the cardio coach. I miss it, but after hurting my knee I am afraid to get back on the treadmill.

Suz - Yes, this rotation requires a lot of balance. It is an ab rotation so the exercises are designed to pull your core into the action on basically everyting. I'll be interested to see how my core feels tomorrow:eek:

Good morning maniacs! Great workouts everyone!

Linda...yours is interesting. Escpecially those grasshopper push-ups.
Dally's...nice job w/ your squeeze w/outs. 80 minutes...I'm sure you will be feeling it later! I love Friday's too...expecially since I took today off :D
Char...impressive workout as always!!!!
Suz...how's your shoulder feeling?

Slept better last night but woke up with a slight headache. Think that's from not eating much last night (a bowl of homemade turkey soup). I woke up really hungry which I'm sure is the cause. I also lost 3 lbs this week....I'm not trying to lose! :confused:

Time to hit the weights!

Linda - So yesterday there was a volleyball player in the training room doing all of these various leg lifts with ankle weights and Gregg was telling her to keep her core tight and he said that she had knee issues and that they use that a lot in knee rehab - keeping the core strong because it all works together - that and strong legs (obviously) and her glutes and hams. He kept making sure she was keeping her abs tight though. I thought that was interesting. So...maybe this ab rotation will surprise you and help your knee. I always like to ask what the athletes are doing their exercises for. And funny thing - I always see the girls in there - the soccer and volleyball players and hardly ever see the basketball players. I don't think they ever do what they're supposed to do for rehab!

Roselyn - Nice to see you!

I am excited because my Providence Kettlebell workout arrived. That is on the agenda for tomorrow so hopefully I can preview it today. Glot a lot to do. 2 of my grandchildren are spending the night tonight. I am hoing to work on leaves some more later this afternoon after I pick up the children from school.
This morning I did I Max 3, then Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix2 intensity premix skipping the w/up (this has 16 minutes, cardio, abs and the stability ball work) Cardio calories burned was 601
The HIS mix2 abs and ball was 15min and I used 8# unintelligent bells
Tracey's Glute Camp
Glute Camp versa loop segment 25# dumbbell and versa loop 3 sets
Glute Camp Quad shredders repeated 3 times no weight
Bowflex leg extensions 260# resistance 3 sets 8 reps 200# 1 set 12 reps
Bowflex Calf raise 310# resistance 4 sets 25 reps
Tracey's yoga solutions total body post weight work segment
I burned 340 calories doing strength and yoga Total calories burned was 941

I just had the BEST lower body workout! Feeling very strong today and I took full advantage of it! Of course I'm sure I will regret it tomorrow but oh well, my glutes are my "problem" area and I need it!!!!!!!!!!!!
LEGS
Round 1
Squats (warmup): 40# - lots of reps and different counts

Front Squats w/wedge: 50# - 2 sets/12 reps

Dumbbell Deadlifts: 25's - 2 sets/different reps and counts

Round 2
Dumbbell Plie Squats: 30# - 2 sets/16 reps

Leg Press: 20's - 1 set/12 reps, 25's 2 set/12 reps
*I add an extra riser due to my heigth

**Added another set of squats using 50# following reps/count in warm up

Round 3
Low Plain Lunges: 12's - 1 set/10 reps, 15's 2 set/10, 15's 3 set/10

**Added another set of squats using 50# following rep/count in warm up

Leg Press w/Ankle Weights: 15# DB & 5# AW - 1 sets/12 reps, 20# for 2nd set
*I add an extra riser due to my heigth

Round 4
Step Outs w/Medium Band

Firewalkers ***I felt these!!!!!!!!!!!

Squats: 50# - tons of reps w/different counts

I don't have Legs and Glutes so I did B & G.
Butts and Guts Floor Work

Outer Thigh Raises
Hamstring Roll-Ins
Hamstring Raises w/5lb AW on topper
Glute Squeezes on ball

4DS Calf Work
15# db for weighted section

Sonya - NICE workout woman! I bet you'll be feeling that one! Are you ready for your party? My shoulder is doing better I think. It hurts more in the front now but seems to have better ROM.

Diane Sue - You did IMAX 3 plus another step workout and then all that other leg work??? My goodness! You're amazing. I love the name "quad shredders". That just sounds TOUGH! So you're having a little slumber party tonight, huh?

Linda - Yup, you might get a double whammy from this rotation. You'll have to let us know.

Debbie - I just ordered a Nike Imara HRM! ;) I wanted something that would give me a calorie burn reading.

Diane Sue - You will have to let me know what you think of Providence. I also pm'd you.

My best friend was in a car accident. Prayers for her are much appreciated. she's getting surgery today to put a plate and screws in her left arm. She's really doped up on pain meds but still hurting a lot. She has no insurance and her car is damaged, if not totalled (not sure yet...have only spoken to her mother who is herself waiting for an update from Jeni's fiance).

ok....just lost half my post...damn. oh well. Going back to work now.

Hermia, I am so sorry about Jeni. That is terrible. I will keep hr in my Prayers.

Sonya, nice leg workout. I bet you really feel it in the morning:)

Suz, the second cardio workout was the intensity drills only of Tracey's workout. Those quad shredders use no weight but they do get a good burn in the quads. I like the versa loop/weight move too. You do the side to side walk with the loop on kind of like firewalkers but you hold a a dumbbell too, then you drop the dumbbell and do low jacks with the versa loop on and pick up the dumbbell again and repeat 3 times. Your legs are burning:D

Linda, I previewed Providence and it looks good. I am looking forward to doing it tomorrow. It looks like all muscle groups are used. There is also a separate area from the workout where you can practice each of the moves. I pm'd you back.

Dang...I am so sore from Gym Style Legs yesterday. My triceps are sore too, from the ab work I did afterwards. There's a section with hip lifts, where you lower your hips down slowly, and I guess I was pushing a lot with my arms into the floor. Anyway, due to soreness, tiredness, and general lack of time, today I just did Rave and Ana's Ultimate Stretch for 25 minutes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.