Hardcore Maniac Hottie Fitness Maniacs May 12, 2009

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is gonna be a nice day for a run on a beautiful trail so I am gonna go in town and run some. This is what I did yesterday and the DOMS is gonna be setting in soon. lol.

Cardio:

Time: 40 mins
Cals burned: 349
Traveled 4.2 mi.

ABS: Various moves on my own

LEGS: (90 sec rest)

Squats 100# 5/12
Bulgarian Squats 60# 3/12
Reverse Lunges 80# 3/12
Deads 100# 3/12
Step Ups 12# db's 3/12

Oh yeah, my weight is down again...121.3!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!

Wow, I cannot believe how sore I am today. I am still sore from my chest/back workout I did last Friday and now my bi's and tri's are screaming at me.

Today I worked Shoulders and Abs and had a kickin' workout! Lots of energy today.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set and exercise.

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Overhead Press:
25's - 3 sets/8 reps
***I was excited that I could use 25's. I haven't done this exercise heavy in a long time so this was cool.

Upright Rows:
45# - 3 sets/10 reps
***Good weight, this exercise tends to bother my right shoulder. It pinched a bit but no pain.

Bent Over Lateral Raise:
12's - 1 sets/12 reps
15's - 2 sets/12 reps
***I can usually go pretty heavy with this exercise. I concentrated on the movement and 15's were perfect.

Lateral Raise**:
12's - 3 sets/12 reps
10's - 1 set/12 reps
8's - 1 set/12 reps
5's - 1 sets/15 reps
***Did this as a drop set. After 3rd set with 12's I did the last three sets with no rest. Got a great burn.

Barbell Shrugs:
100# - 3 sets/15 reps
***Could have gone heavier. I have some good seperation with my shoulders and traps. Love this exercise.

ABS
Triset:
Knee Raise - 15 reps
Woodchops - 15# - 15 reps
Oblique Twists on elbow - 12 reps each side
***Did three sets of these with 1 minute break between each triset.

That is all.....

Char - Excellent workout my friend! :cool:

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did David Kirsch's 7 Day Rx Chest & Tri's followed by 25" of Leslie's walk video...added 10 pound weight vest and hand weights to up intensity. Workout was 62" and I burned 510 calories.

I work open to close today..........joy! It makes for a long boring day on your feet!

Ally - I posted a bit of info about David last week. Here's his recent Slimdown Calendar rotation from his wellness site (if you click on a day...then click on the workout for that day to see the exercises). You can also view his videos and look at reviews at Amazon.com. He is a well-known celebrity trainer. He first became popular after training Heidi Klum and Liv Tyler. He is known for helping women with a pear-shaped figure, or slimming down in a hurry for a movie role (aren't they all??).

http://www.davidkirschwellness.com/wellnesscompany/Slimdown/Calendar.htm#5-2009

Great workouts Deb & Toasty. Hi to everyone else.

Debbie, I believe they had it around the honey and preserves. This was the first time I have run across it. I know one of the other grocers I go to just added a bunch of new stuff that I could only get at Akin's Nutrition Market. They even added Kefir and Fage greek yogurt along with new dressings and stuff. I was pleased. Walmart seems to get things and then it is all off the shelf:mad: Walmart Market doesn't carry the stuff the super center does. I know it is hard to get the protein and fat where I want it with just meals. I try using 1/2 a serving of protein powder with egg whites so I don't eat more than two servings a day.

Diane Sue - Thanks on this. I'll look next time I go grocery shopping. I'll check where the honey/preserves are, hopefully they will have it there. That would save me a lot of time going to the VS when I need it.

Ally - forgot to answer your other question - I'm working at Dillards in Women's Fragrance. Have been there since November when I lost my job at Nissan due to downsizing.

Good morning Maniacs!!

Just got word that my car is fixed and it only cost $170! I about fainted. So relieved for this. The chip in my key crapped the bed and the car needed a new key which screwed everything up so it wouldn't start, so they made another key and reprogrammed the car. What happened to the good old days when there were no computer crap things in your old chevy???? The guy only charged me one hour service and it has been there since Friday night. Praise the Heaven's!! lol :)

SO, I am planning Lean 1 tonight. I would love a little extra cardio, but have to play it by ear.

Lora- hope your day goes quickly my dear! geesh.

Deb- very nice workout. You really have gotten so strong!

Char- enjoy your run. I envy you today!

Shana- I liked the Oxygen abs. THanks! My son watched me do them and said "that hurts don't it?" I was like "yup!"

Morning Maniacs! Just finished up Kettlebell 2 AOS Empire State including the bonus round. I did TBS shoulder drills during the breaks. Hoping to go on a bike ride after work. Might just be a take-the-dog ride.

Great workouts so far everyone!:cool:

I got my workout in and took the girls to school. Now I am back to getting stuff done for moving. I did STS disc 22 Mesocycle 2 week 4 chest, shoulders and triceps. I ran two miles on the treadmill and finished off with the abs and stretch from Kettlebell dynamics. total calories burned was 504.

MEALS FOR TODAY

Low calorie day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Whipped Vanilla BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. PB
M4: Turkey patty w/avacado & provolone cheese on 1 slice whole wheat bread
M5: 1/2 c. cottage cheese mixed with cilantro salsa
M6: Parmesan Tilapia; salda w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. PB

1501 calories
54 g. fat - 32%
135 g. protein - 36%
126 g. carbs - 34%

My chocolate pancake turned out ok last night without using the Nesquik and the strawberry jam. I added agave nectar. I think today I will add a bit more agave because it just wasn't all that sweet. Actually, maybe I'll ad a dash of vanilla extract and see how that tastes.

The salmon I had yesterday was excellent. I got it a Wal Mart. Very good flavor.

Hey everyone! Terrific workouts today! I did Low Max this morning- felt that I shouldn't jump. I did Mindy Mylrea's Intervals Express hi/lo before my Ab Circuits weights and plates yesterday afternoon so I wanted something lower impact. I burned 576 calories this morning- less than I used to for this workout. I have major DOMS in my chest, shoulders and triceps from Sunday's workout. :eek:

Meg: Yahoo for inexpensive car repairs! We just spent close to $2K on ours. :(

Lora: That IS a long day. I hope it passes quickly and with lots of sales!

Debbie: That's great about the sugar- good for you. I find it tough to give up Splenda, although I know I probably should. I use agave nectar for the kids in a lot of recipes.

Meals today:
B: Oatmeal custard
L: 1/3 serving of fake sausage, zucchini, eggplant and green bean casserole; 4 brown rice veggie rolls; 1 apple
S: Almonds
D: Turkey stew
S: Frozen strawberries w/ non fat greek yogurt and 1 tsp. flaxseed oil mixed in

Hey there! Great job on workouts everyone! I will be doing chest/back + HIIT today. I declined pressed 105# last week so hoping to up it another 5# today...we shall see! :)

Meg....glad to hear the bill wasn't outrageous! Like you said, nowadays with everything computerized it can get expensive!

Have a great day everyone!

Okay, I think I may have possibly had the worse workout out EVER this morning. I did Amy's KB Surge this morning. As soon as I started my low back started aching. :( I have no idea why?:confused: Also suffered a complete lack of energy.:( So between the back hurting and no energy, I just could not put any work into into it and believe me I tried, but nothing!:( Then partway into the workout I was doing jumping jacks and this pain, that I have NEVER experienced before, starts shooting across the outside of my right knee.:confused: WTH? :mad: Ugh, I am not exactly sure how managed not to just walk away from the workout and say the heck with it. But I didn't (probably because I am an idiot:p) Anyway, I did all five combos & surges and some of the stretch, workout was 1:03 and I burned...get this...about 500 calories :confused:(I burned well over 600, like 676, the both times I did this w/o previously:(:confused::mad:)

Okay, I think I am done whining now.:D

Okay, I think I may have possibly had the worse workout out EVER this morning. I did Amy's KB Surge this morning. As soon as I started my low back started aching. :( I have no idea why?:confused: Also suffered a complete lack of energy.:( So between the back hurting and no energy, I just could not put any work into into it and believe me I tried, but nothing!:( Then partway into the workout I was doing jumping jacks and this pain, that I have NEVER experienced before, starts shooting across the outside of my right knee.:confused: WTH? :mad: Ugh, I am not exactly sure how managed not to just walk away from the workout and say the heck with it. But I didn't (probably because I am an idiot:p) Anyway, I did all five combos & surges and some of the stretch, workout was 1:03 and I burned...get this...about 500 calories :confused:(I burned well over 600, like 676, the both times I did this w/o previously:(:confused::mad:)

Okay, I think I am done whining now.:D

Awww Linda, sorry to hear this! How is your back now? I hate when stuff like that happens and boy did you get a triple whammy!

Nice job gettin' it done, though! :eek:

That really sucks Linda. I hope all the pains aren't anything serious and that you just had an off day!

Is agave nector supposed to be a sugar sub? I also rely alot on Splenda. I need to start venturing out and trying new (better for me) things. Those pancakes sound delish Deb!

That really sucks Linda. I hope all the pains aren't anything serious and that you just had an off day!

Is agave nector supposed to be a sugar sub? I also rely alot on Splenda. I need to start venturing out and trying new (better for me) things. Those pancakes sound delish Deb!

Meg - Agave Nectar is better then splenda. It's not chemically altered to get it to taste good, it's all natural. It looks like honey and comes in a bottle similar to honey bottles. It's good and you can cook with it.

Awww Linda, sorry to hear this! How is your back now? I hate when stuff like that happens and boy did you get a triple whammy!

Nice job gettin' it done, though! :eek:

Thanks, Debbie & Meg. Low back is still aching, but I'll survive.:p I feel like I never fully recovered from that sore throat thing from last week. So my goal is to get my butt to bed early tonight and see if that makes a difference.

Linda, hope the extra sleep is helpful.

Yesterday I did Low Impact Cicuit but started it late and was kinda low on energy, so I skipped the third cardio and one set of pushups.

Today I did my first ever live yoga class with a friend. It was great! Very enjoyable and challenging but not too challenging and the instructor was really nice, too. It was an hour and a half long, but there was some meditative breathing at the beginning, then the last maybe 20-25 minutes was practicing inversions and shivasana. She told me I seem naturally disposed to not have good posuture, so I need to work on my "heart chakra". Not totally sure what that is, but ok. =)
My friend and I plan on going once a week.

I have some catching up to do! I did not work out Sunday b/c we had Mother's Day church, brunch and then a 4 hour drive home. Then it was time to unpack, do homework, eat and go to bed! I thought about it but I was really sore from the workout Sat so I let it go. Then yesterday I just felt like crap. I knew I needed to workout but I just couldn't. I was completely wiped out for some reason. I made sure to eat right and gear up for today. Before I went to bed last night, I planned all of my eats for the day and wow, do I feel great :) I already did Meso 3, Week 3 back and chest and it was an awesome workout. The rest days were apparently just what I needed. This was the absolute heaviest I have ever lifted in my life :) :) :) I am going to do abs and some cardio since that was already on tap for today.

Meg - glad you liked the ab work!

Linda - sorry you had such a bummer day. Hope you are feeling back to 100% tomorrow.

Everyone else - hi and bye - I am out the door on the way home from work. Yippee :p

Debbie, I picked up a bottle of Agave Nectar Madhava brand at Walmart today. I t was between the Truvia and Sweetener called Crystal which was Stevia and sugar. So maybe they haven't done that there yet. Maybe you could find a store manager and make a request.

Meg some of the sweeteners like Agave and Sucanet still have calories but are low on the glycemic index. They are more natural sweetners.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.