Hardcore Fitness Maniacs September 1, 2018

Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and had a really great workout. I just wasn't feeling up to an entire hour of running, so did this one and then did Yoga Stretch (or part of it anyways).

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.95 miles (best ever with this workout, my goal is to hit 3 miles and I almost did it), burned 378 calories and went 5881 steps. HR was 152/184.

Diane Sue - Thanks for posting that finisher, I will try and do it tomorrow after triceps if I have time. I also plan to work abs and walk a bit on my TM. You didn't have to go to all that trouble, but I really appreciate it. Nice job with your workout!

Jolie - Welcome back! Glad you had a nice relaxing week and had time to enjoy your family. That is what counts! Great job with your workout!

DOZ - Dang girl, you are doing some hard cardio workout. Nice job with those!! Are you going to start Xtrain?

Roselyn - Hope you had a good workout yesterday, I don't remember seeing your post?

Have a wonderful day!! Take a minute today to remember those lost in 911. I still remember that day like it was yesterday.

Debbie, it was no problem. I have been typing out the Coffey Fit Raw information and printing up copies to keep in my workout room. Nice work today and it probably was good for you getting in some yoga.

I am making this quick as I really need to get going out the door. I did Coffey Fit Raw Interval Training #1 which is mainly cardio with bit of weights which Kelly uses 7# for. This was 34 minutes, heart rate average 124, max 160, met 5.9, 221 calories, 2,601 steps. I then did Cathe Live, Ready Set Step (yeah!! they put August workouts on the Roku and I had planned something else just because I did not want to use my computer) This was 44 minutes, met 5.9, 286 calories, average heart rate 137, max heart rate 163, 4,167 steps. Total time was 78 minutes, 507 calories.
I am going to visit my friend who put herself in a nursing home. I am so worried about her.

I forgot to post today! I ran into a door going to the rest room in the middle of the night and broke my second toe on my left foot bad!! Just came back from the doctors and it is so black and blue with a lot of swelling. Nothing I can do except protect it and not walk on it a lot!!!! Great. Today I did shoulders and legs. I couldn't obviously do any cardio so that was it. Workout was 42 minutes and I burned 321 calories.

Seated DB Overhead Press-
20's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 11 TF

1 arm lateral raise-
12# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 11 TF

Upright Rows-
17's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

Rear Flies-
12's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 13 TF

Deadlifts BB-
45# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 13 TF

FireWalker Band Side steps to TF my buns were burning!

Great workouts everyone, I will catch up tomorrow on what you all have done today!!!

Good night!

Today I did STS Meso 2, Week 4, Triceps and had a decent workout. I also did the abs from KP&C and ran on my treadmill for a mile and then walked for a bit. Had a great workout.

1 minute between each set except for drop sets - 10 seconds rest for those
TRICEPS
Dips: 3 sets/12 reps - warmup
Lying Barbell Triceps Extension: 35# - 12/10/8 reps

Close Grip Pushups: 10/10/15 reps

Double Arm Kickbacks: 10's/8's/5's - 10/10/10 reps

Triceps & abs was 28 minutes, burned 151 calories and HR was 114/153.

Run was 30 minutes, burned 135 calories, went 2.04 miles and did 4251 steps. HR was 135/185.

Diane Sue - I ended up not doing the finisher this morning but I plan on doing it eventually. Thanks again for posting that. Why did your friend put herself into a nursing home? I hope she is ok. Great job with your cardio workout!

Jolie - Geez girl, if you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!! I'm sorry to hear about your toe. OUCH!!! I hope it heals soon. Nice workout despite all that. You did well!!

DOZ - Great job with PP again!! Rockin' it! Love Gym Style, still one of my most favorite Cathe workout series. Wish she'd make more of those.

Roselyn - Great job with Legs, I miss doing the leg workouts of STS. I might be able to do one after my recovery week next week as my knees are feeling better. I can't believe I'm almost to Meso 3. Time is flying!!!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

This morning I did Cathe Live Kick Butt Boot camp, 36 minutes, 233 calories, heart rate average 120, max 158, 1,261 steps. I wanted to try Coffey Fit Raw Tubing Works, so planned this accordingly. This was not an easy workout. Ouch! Kelly did a great job putting this together and you are pretty much sitting most of the time. 45 minutes,(40 actual as I stopped after each exercise to write) 174 calories, met 3.5, heart rate average 99, max 150, 1,023 steps. Total time was 81 minutes, calories burned 407 calories.
I used Cathe's weights on Kick Butt Bootcamp. This is the second time I have done this one. I will do the Total Body Giant Sets 2 she is doing tomorrow on Friday or Saturday.
Coffey Fit Raw Tubing Works is done in tabata rounds. 8 rounds for each exercise with the last 3 rounds of each being a burn out. She uses a stability ball, tubing, and a loop band.
Bench press tubing on stability ball 8 rounds 5 then 3 burn out fast reps
abductors stability ball and loop band seated on ball 8 rnds 5 the 3 quick burn out sets
crunch on stability ball 8 rounds, 5 then 3 burn out sets
biceps curls with tubing on stability ball 8 rnds 5 curls then 3 sets quick run curls
triceps kickbacks seated on ball tubing 8 rnds 5 sets then 3 run kickbacks
adductors stability ball between knees 4 rnds of holds then 4 rnds of pulses
lower abs 4 rounds of reverse curls with stability ball between knees then 4 rounds of straight leg with ball between feet to hands (this was tough as I was using my weighted stability ball

Debbie, nice workout today. I am sure that you will find a time where the finishers will work for you. I don't blame you for wanting to get in your cardio.

Debbie, my friend had gone to Texas for her son's funeral and got very sick. She had several blood clots. She is 85 years old. I kept trying to reach her and not getting an answer was really worried. I finally reached her and she had gotten help and was medi flighted back to Oklahoma City. She was really in bad shape and put herself in a nursing home, where they have been nursing her back to health. She has graduated from a wheel chair to a walker. I spent the whole afternoon with her yesterday catching up. She said she knew she was going to die in the hospital in Texas, as she was not getting better. People from her church got help and someone worked hard to get her back here to her own doctor. The only family she has left now is her daughter in law and two grandchildren. She has lost both of her sons and her husband.

Wow, today I had a FABULOUS workout! I did Cardio Coach 8, which I rarely due because it clocks in at an hour, but I made sure I was ready and on my treadmill by 5:30. I did the whole workout and it was totally a puke status one. And funny thing, no matter how hard I pushed myself, my HR did not get above like 171 when I would check it during the workout. The stats show the highest was 185 but not sure when that happened as I never seen that number on my FB. I am already at 10K steps!!!

Workout was 1 hr. burned 582 calories (now that's what I'm talkin' about!), went 4.5 miles (woo hoo!) and did 8967 steps. HR was 150/185. Loved this workout!!

Diane Sue - Nice job on your workouts. Kelly's tubing workout looks good, I might give that one a try, maybe next week during my recovery week. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, that is so sad. I sure hope she gets well enough to go back home.

Jolie - How's the toe?

DOZ - Did you start Gym Style yet??

Roselyn - Great job with HiiT!!

Today I did Cathe Live Jabs and Abs, 50 minutes, 337 calories, met 6.1, heart rate average 127, max 164, 3,644 steps. I realized after starting that my inner thighs are sore from yesterday, which is not surprising from how I was feeling with Kelly's tubing works. Also my abs are sore, which is rare. I almost quit on the abs portion of Jabs and Abs because of how sore I already am. I guess I really got worked yesterday :) So, I just added Coffey Fit Raw stretch, met 2.0, 63 calories. This really helped with the soreness. Total time was 78 minutes, calories burned 337.

Debbie, great calorie burn today. I remember when I used to get those kind of burns. My goal was always at least 600 and I was happy with more. Now I generally have to workout for around 2 hours or more to get that. I really feel that Kelly workout and since I have done the Bootcamp Live of Cathe's before, I know the soreness did not come from it. I could tell when I was doing the tubing workout that I was going to be sore.

OK, the toe is getting better! I was supposed to walk yesterday and of course I could not, so I just rested it and kept it elevated. This helped a lot. Today the swelling is down and it is not so red and black and blue. Yes! Today I did workout, I did BACK. My shoe hurts because of the swelling so I just wore my son's larger show and it was better. Workout was 40 minutes and I burned 281 calories.
STS Warm Up

Wide Grip Pull Downs-60# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 13 TF

1 Arm Rows- 27# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 14 TF

BB Rows- 55# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

Rear Delt Flies- 12's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 14 TF

Deadlifts with a slight bend in the Knee- BB- 45# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 13 TF

Debbie, I know, I have the worst luck lately! Oh well, that's the way it goes. My doctors said it should heal fast because it is only a fracture. Nice cardio workout today girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are kickin ass lately, I want to be just like you! :) And that calorie burn, finally its getting where you want it to be!

Diane Sue, how did you like that Cathe Live workout? Did it have mostly boxing or was there kicks too? Good job on getting the stretch into your workout, I need to do more of that myself. I have sore abs from earlier in the week as well, I love it.

DOZ and Roselyn, good job in getting those workouts in!

Have a great day, I am so happy Fall is just about here! I want to wear pants and sweaters again!!! 86 degrees here today but the nights are finally cooling off. Prayers for all of the people in the hurricanes path.

Jolie, nice job on the workout today. I think I would have just done the weight work barefoot. I have done that in the past. I hate shoes and often have foot problems. I have gout so it flares up occasionally. It gets pretty frustrating working around short comings. Right now they have me as having RA, osteoarthritis, and gout :( I am never quite trusting of these opinions from the doctors though. I guess I will never be a good patient as far as just taking whatever meds etc. that they want to give me. I am glad that your foot will heal quickly. You will be back to walking soon enough. I really liked the Tubing Works. Kelly planned it around helping those that have different problem areas when working out. She even said she knew someone that was ripped from using only tubing for their workouts. This was different and I am feeling some real doms from it today. I do abs often , so doing something that makes them sore is rare for me. I had intended on doing Kelly's stability ball core workout from her Raw channel, but once I did the abs on Cathe's live workout I knew that was not happening.
I forgot that when the first time I did Jabs and Abs from Cathe Live that I had chosen it because I thought it would be mostly boxing since her other one is Jabs and kicks. It has a lot of moves for lower body much like Hard Strikes. Jack turns, fast feet shuffle moves, others that can be tough with overhead arms. I guess this is to get the heart rate up in between the boxing. It goes to some heavy bag with heavy bag tabatas, back to some boxing moves and the abs.

Roselyn, so close :) I imagine everything is pretty well set, fitted etc.. Just the waiting till the day and probably day before for nails etc..

Any where In the forum it shows what weights cathe is using during the sts program?
Shannon, I don't think they ever gave Cathe's weights on STS. It was more about figuring out what your one rep max is and starting at the said percentage of weight at the start of the mesocycle. I personally never got all of the one rep max stuff done. I have been through STS multiple times. I just knew what is my heaviest at certain points and tried to get a pound or two heavier as I worked my way up. Do you have a users guide?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.