Hardcore fitness maniacs hotties 4-2-09

ashumate

Cathlete
Morning Ladies to day was tabatas bis and tris - 5 minute warm up on TM try to get cardio in later today.

TRICEPS
Lying Barbell Extension:
20 # - 8 sets/8-9 reps varied, last set was 7 reps (up 5#)
Bench Dips:
BW - 8 sets/15-12 varied reps
Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
1- 15# db- 8 sets 8-9 varied reps

BICEPS
Dumbbbell Curl:
12s - 4 sets 8 reps 4 sets 10s 8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Curls:
10's -8 sets 8 reps varied reps

Hammer Curls:
12's - 4 sets/8-7 varied reps
10’s's - 4 sets/8-7 varied reps

Morning Ally! Nice workout! I'm not sure what you mean by having the post show up bold. It shows up bold for me when there is a new post, is that what you mean?

Today was cardio for me so I did Kelly Coffey Meyer's Step Boxing combos 1-4twice plus the floor ab work from Turbo Jam and the post kickboxing premix from Yoga Solutions. I burned 808 calories.

I have been lurking over on the women's bodybuilding forum recipe section- they have some great ideas. If I find anything that is super tasty, I'll share. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Today was Shoulder and Abs and I had an excellent workout. Really enjoying this type of training which surprises me. Maybe because it's such a change from the heavy lifting I usually do. Whatever the case may be, I'm liking it!

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off for each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

SHOULDERS
Barbell Overhead Press:
25# - 8 sets/10-9 reps
***Ok, these just kill me. I cannot get use to doing them, they hurt and burn and by the time I get to set 5 I have to stop at rep 5 and then continue. Not sure why I have such trouble with this exercise.

Front Raise:
15# (plates): 8 sets/10-9 reps
***This was a good weight, I thought it may be too heavy but it was just right.

Lateral Raise:
8's - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***These felt good too, I'm shocked my right shoulder doesn't bother me anymore. I really thought this rotation would irritate it more.

Bent Over Lateral Raise:
10's - 8 sets/12 reps
***These burn like crazy.

Barbell Shrugs:
45# - 8 sets/17-16 reps
***This was better this week, the last two weeks my right trap kept getting really tight. Today it was all good.

ABS
Knee Raises:
8 sets/11-10 reps
***Wow, by set 5 I was dying here and moreso in my quads then my lower abs. Hip flexors did not like this exercise.

Stability Ball Crunch:
8 sets/12-11 reps
***Got a good burn in the upper part of my abs. HR did not go up much with this one.

HR STATS:
58 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
49 minutes in zone!!!
4 minutes above zone
422 calories burned
- This shocked me! Very happy with these stats!

That is all...

Ally: Love the new avatar!!

Debbie: Those knee raises end up getting my in my hip flexors too after a while. Glad you are enjoying the Tabata training. I think change is always good. I got tired of lifting heavy and enjoyed lighter, endurance stuff but now, with STS, am back to liking the heavy again. Back and forth - keeps us from getting bored :D

Patti and Char: Did C&W abs. That was fun - I think I had maybe done it once and now have it out for something new. I keep a few choices on the player so that when I am ready to do abs, if I want a DVD, I can quickly pick one.

Diane Sue: That is just dumb about the interview. Why they do that, I do not know. Well, I know they have to advertise and do enough "fair" interviews but what a waste of time for you and DH. Well, clearly, it was not meant to be.

Yesterday, I got through legs. Even though it was supposed to be 48 minutes or something, I had to break after almost every set b/c of asthma. Just could not breathe and didn't want to that to affect my form. So, it took a bit longer but I only paused until I could breathe ok and not so long that my HR came down too much. I love Spring but hate the allergies/asthma that come with it. I supplemented the workout with some one legged leg curls and extensions, and band work and ankle weights for my butt. Swimsuit season and beach vacation in June an all...;)

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

So I did C&W yesterday...didn't do the plank things..did plank my own way which is basically just like Cathe does in Coremax 1. Like it better without being up high as much..stay low and grunt some. haha.

Then I did my own thing on elliptical. Really felt like listening to music so just went at fast and low paces..kinda all over the place.

60 mins
500 cals burned exactly.
6.3 miles traveled

Today gonna continue with Tabata Training for Back/Shoulders

Debbie -
I have been afraid to do the ab routine in the tabatas format! Maybe I will try that tomorrow. The hanging knee raises kill me. I don't know if I can hang on for that long!

Also, have you experienced any low back pain after the leg workout? I have been having some fatigue in the low back and think I may need to switch up the exercises.

Morning Maniacs!

Ally...Love your new avatar!

Started new training routine yesterday with legs. Good workout! All I know is there ain't nothing "sissy" about sissy squats!!!!!!! Today's workout will be chest/back + HIIT.

Daine Sue, Patti, Shanna...Thanks for the feedback on STS Meso 1. :)

Have a great day!

Debbie -
I have been afraid to do the ab routine in the tabatas format! Maybe I will try that tomorrow. The hanging knee raises kill me. I don't know if I can hang on for that long!

Also, have you experienced any low back pain after the leg workout? I have been having some fatigue in the low back and think I may need to switch up the exercises.

Ally, I was afraid to do abs with Tabata too, but it wasn't too bad. And I'm not hanging the whole time with the knee raises. I use my power tower and when I'm done with the set I can stand up. If you hang the entire time, that may be to hard to do.

Hmmmm, let me see. My low back was hurting a little last week. It wasn't "hurting" but just felt weird and I was getting worried about it. That was why I didn't do my HIIT last Wednesday but I'm not sure the leg work is what caused it because I worked my legs the Friday prior to Wednesday. So I guess my answer is: I don't know. LOL!

I finially figured out how to get the video from my camera to upload cuz the files were either too big or something so here is something cute with the dogs. So funny because Stinky is usually afraid of feet and here in the video she is not!! lol.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit2?ns=1&video_id=qWmuuM7e3kU

Char, I can't get to it, it wants a user name and password.

I finished my workout. I am running around trying to get things ready for the same people to come back and look at our house again. They aren't coming till 7:30 so it will be another late night around here. I pick up the grandchildren and it is their late evening too.
Workout was Kelly Coffey's Cardio Kick Step Boxing. I repeated the last combo and the floor combos. I burned 584 calories. I then did STS ab circuits no partner med ball and pilates segments. I finished with Tracey Staehle's Parts dvd using the yoga and stretch segments
My legs have doms in them this morning after yesterday's STS workout:D

Ally, I was afraid to do abs with Tabata too, but it wasn't too bad. And I'm not hanging the whole time with the knee raises. I use my power tower and when I'm done with the set I can stand up. If you hang the entire time, that may be to hard to do.

Hmmmm, let me see. My low back was hurting a little last week. It wasn't "hurting" but just felt weird and I was getting worried about it. That was why I didn't do my HIIT last Wednesday but I'm not sure the leg work is what caused it because I worked my legs the Friday prior to Wednesday. So I guess my answer is: I don't know. LOL!

Char, I can't get to it, it wants a user name and password.
Debbie - i am too short to stand and get in the ab straps. I have to climb up and get in. I guess I could use the 10 seconds to climb up and down! LOL!

For the video...

Try this..

Password: stinkyspeck

At top far right side of screen click on Peelitfirst then click on MyVideo's.

Debbie - i am too short to stand and get in the ab straps. I have to climb up and get in. I guess I could use the 10 seconds to climb up and down! LOL!

Ally, I use two risers and my topper from my high step because I can't reach the floor either, maybe try that.

Char - I am having no luck with the video. Maybe you have it on facebook.

Today, I was way short on time so I did CC#1 on the stepmill, skipping warm up and starting on first steady. Had to get out the door to meet Mom and now am back again before going to the store. DMIL is coming this weekend and we also just need general stuff. Anyway, MAX HR was 180, AVG 158, 326 calories, 31 minutes. Went 2.7 miles and 130 flights. I was quite sweaty after that one.

Shana, I just clicked on the youtube link Charlotte gave then typed in the log in and password she gave and it worked fine. :)
Password: stinkyspeck

We have to leave in a bit. Will probably end up with fast food again as we have to take the dogs with us when we go. This is the second time these people have came to look at our house. Don't want it to smell like the dinner we just ate.

Last edited:
Diane Sue - I tried that, even copied and pasted to be sure I wasn't typing wrong. I have an acct but don't know the password anymore and I think my old email address is in there. Thank you anyway!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.