Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2019

Today I did Cathe's Vertical Loading and had a kick butt workout! I did really good with the weights and feel really good today. Workout was 1 hour and i burned 486 calories. There are no ABS in this workout but i will do some tomorrow.

Debbie, i know what you mean about these injuries. The older we get the worse it is to recover. I bumped up my protein and that seems to help recovery along with BCAA. I am also lifting lighter than i ever have and that is helping a lot. I am doing higher rep workouts and lower weights and my body is loving it. I certainly don't have as much muscle but i am ok with that, my main goal is to be able to workout everyday that i can.

Belinda, great job on the workout today and have fun with your DD.

Doreen, Nice job on the step workouts, i wish i wish i could do those, i get so dizzy. :)

Diane Sue, I will check back in later to read your post.

Roselyn, how is the unpacking going? I bet you are almost finished with school, yeah!!!!

I am going to buy a new treadmill today. My parents want to kick in half of the cost for my Christmas present so i am so excited. I am getting the Horizon 7.0 marked down from $2000 to $999 with an additional 10% off today. It is really nice, i am buying a TM without a ton of bells and whistles because i never use those features anyway. I cant wait to walk again :)

Winds just now stopped thank God! My dad spoke with my son yesterday because he was having a really bad day and whatever he said to him changed his way of thinking completely. He came into talk to me last night and apologized for how he has treated me over the years and will go to school and graduate! He said today is the beginning of the rest of his life. He got up this morning, senior ditch day, worked out, got a haircut and washed his car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG what is going on! My dad is one of the smartest people i know and believes in the power of the mind and the science of the mind. My tag line comes from him, "If it is meant to be than it is up to me". I know he put something positive into my sons subconscious mind and that will take him to where he needs to be mentally. I couldn't be happier today. He stayed up talking to my husband till 2pm last night telling him how he is going to change his life. I am keeping my fingers crossed and will support him any way that i can.

Have a Happy Halloween.

Reactions: WD
Jolie - That is such great news! I have been praying for you and your son so that is so exciting to see some positive change. Does your dad live close? Hopefully he can continue to encourage your son to stay on the right path!

Good news about the TM too - that sounds like a deal! I hardly use mine but don't want to give it up for sure!

I am late checking in. I was trying to get things accomplished so I could relax and enjoy our road trip without thinking about things needing attention. Today I did a YouTube Jessica Smith Latin Spice Dance Walk, 31 minutes, heart rate 140 average, 167 max, 197 calories, met 7.5, 3,283 steps. I then did Jessica Smith Balance and Inner Strength grace and poise, 35 minutes, 112 average, 136 max heart rate, 1,148 steps, met 5.5, 140 calories. I finished with a You Tube Jessica Smith Weight Loss Yoga, 21 minutes, met 3.0, 65 calories, heart rate average 98, max 120, 137 steps. Total workout time was 87 minutes, 4,568 steps 402 calories.

Debbie, I feel for you. I don't know what to tell you. I think I have every supplement that is supposed to help healing, I also roll and use my therapy balls. I often do this in the mornings, during the day and before I go to bed to help loosen up the knots, as they seem to tighten up over the day. It is really frustrating when you have to be so careful of what you do. I am still recovering and building back up is slow and I am sort of afraid of having a set back. That was way too painful and not being able to sleep because of the pain was just not something that I want to experience again. I did figure out that sometimes I was trying too hard and I would just give a lot of it, including the PT a rest. Some mild stretches and a day off seemed to help here and there.

Jolie, I am so glad your day went so well. You deserve it. That is great news about your son. I am liking the changes in my workouts. At least for now. I saw some vids of a woman lifting some heavy weights and I thought how I would love to do that again. But, I also realize the woman was way younger than I am and she still has all of those mistakes and body changes to deal with in her future. I wondered if some of my weight loss is due to 3 months of very little weight work and a lot of rest days. I am trying to eat more, but it is hard, particularly since I have started working really hard on eliminating more saturated fats.

Belinda, I did go on my laptop this morning and added some of Jessica Smith's workouts to my wish list so that it would be easier to find them when I use the Roku and tune in on the television. That is how I found the yoga and dance workout. I was curious about her dance walk workouts since I had been looking at the dvd and wondering if I would like it. This was pretty good, nothing hard, since I not good at dancing. Just fun walking dance moves. I just have not felt like it would be a good thing to jar my neck around with jumping right now. Enjoy the birthday celebration.

Doreen, I pulled out the Ice Lower Body Blast yesterday and contemplated doing it. I think it would be doable for me. I really like that one and always went heavier with it than Cathe. Nice work.

Today I did a treadmill walk again, feeling a bit better but my traps are still a bit tight and those knots are still in my upper back, but fading. I'm afraid to do anything else because I know lifting will tighten all those muscles again.

Thank you all for your comments yesterday on this. I appreciate the pep talks!! :)

Walk was 50 minutes, burned 322 calories (at least I'm getting good calorie burns), went 2.57 miles and did 6189 steps. HR was120/135.

Diane - I know what you mean about trying to avoid that pain again. It is ridiculous that we are going through this all the time. You'd think our bodies would be used to the workouts we do and not get this way. Nice job on your workout. Have fun on your road trip!!

Jolie - YAY on the treadmill!! Very cool. You have great parents! I'm glad your dad talked some sense into your son, lets hope it holds. Fingers Crossed. Those fires out there are terrible. I sure hope it rains soon but it probably won't. Scary! Great job on your workout!

Belinda - I probably should go to PT or at least an athletic doctor. I hate doctors and go only when I need too. I know this will heal, I'm just sick of it taking so long.

Doreen - Nice job with your workout!! You are kicking it!!

Roxie - Where are you?? Hope you are ok.

Have great workouts and a great weekend everyone!!!

I couldn't decide what to do this morning. I was having a hard time falling asleep last night so it was hard to get up. My husband and I were up talking about our son and his teenage problems (mostly his phone - we figured out he's just been staying up late binging TV shows) so my husband took his phone away. But I finally decided to pick something with "fun movement" and chose Michelle Dozios Cardio Strength Challenge Club routine 11.

I am way too tired to workout today. I slept really poorly, it is hard to breath with smoke in the air and how dry, we have low humidity, my eyes are so red this morning. Now there is absolutely no wind and it is so still out that the smoke is just lingering. Looking out over the ocean it is just brown on the horizon. I just took some time to hose off my patio and deck, it was very dirty from the soot and ashes that blew our way. I also water the plants because they all looked like they were dying from being so dry.

Debbie, I cant wait to walk again each day like you get to! Maybe we could come up with some workouts using our cardio devices along with weights, a lot like Kelly's home gym interval workout. We could do total body, one weight workout for each body part with cardio alternating. I was thinking get on the TM or whatever, bike, elliptical ect run for 6 minutes to warm up, do a chest exercise, back to cardion for 2 or so minutes, do a Back exercise, back to cardio and so on. I want to incorporate cardio and weights for a month and see what happens. That is why i like Yvette's workouts so much because that is how her entire workout is laid out.

Doreen, I get you about being tired today and i didn't even have to go trick or treating! Great job on the Michelle workout, she is awesome. I dont have any of her workouts because i always felt that they were too high impact. I went to the thrift store yesterday looking for workout dvds but only came across the gal that did the Biggest Loser show. I forget her name but i don't like her style. Good luck with the teenager issues, these issues have damn near killed me the last couple of years. Hopefully they mature and grow up and make better choices!!!

Diane Sue, great workout yesterday, it seems like your body is doing better. I too watch these young ladies lift so heavy and wonder if they will have terrible issues with pain ect down the line from all of that heavy repetitive use on their bodies? It is so true about what you do when you are younger will have such and impact on you when you are older.

Belinda, i hope you had a nice day with your daughter yesterday!

Roselyn, enjoy your workout today.

Happy Friday! BBL to read other posts.

Hi,

DH and I decided to stay a few day's in DC. I just finished Intensity Pyramid Upper Body. I used the gym at my kids apartment. Had a great time in the gym. Glad I took some workout clothes and my portable dvd player.

Debbie - I hear you on hating to go to the doctor. I always wait until it's to late.

Jolie - I am so happy your dad put some sense into your son. Congrats on your treadmill. I am so happy you got it. The fires are horrible, like Debbie I hope it rains soon. I am sorry you hardly can breath with all that smoke. Stay safe! We had a great time yesterday.

Doreen - sorry you are going through some tough times with your son too. Teenagers!!

Hi to Roselyn, Roxie and Doz. BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.