Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2022!!

I did Workout 6 with Casey Gilbert this morning - Back and Chest. Another burner and a couple fun new moves. Gorilla rows and some lat pulls. Good workout in push/pull style.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Cathe Live All in Upper Body and had a great workout. I am feeling weak lately, but I am sure I will gain some strength back soon. This is a high endurance lifting workout with no repeat exercises, 30 in total with no rest between sets. It can really get your heart rate up if you are lifting heavy enough. Total calories burned was 417. Tomorrow will be my last workout for the week, I am leaving on Wed. morning really early to drive to Reno NV to go to my son's college graduation. I will be coming home on Sunday.

Debbie, great job with the workout today. Sorry to hear about your knee, I am curious to see what your PT says about this issue you are currently having with your knee.

Doreen, great job on your workout today!

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day! I had a very relaxing day, I walked, laid in the sun and read my book and had pizza, but only one piece.

Good morning,

Carline Iron Legs and 3 mile walk is done. Getting ready to drop off DD at the airport. I will be back to catch up on personals.

Jolie - enjoy your visit with your son. Great job on your workout.

Roselyn - I really liked this leg workout today. I can’t believe we started week 6. WTG!

Doreen - your workout sounds interesting. Great job!

Debbie - glad your knee is feeling better. Good luck with your PT tomorrow. Great job on your weight workout.

Diane - your workout yesterday sounds like torture. I hate burpees. I need to pull out Band Boss. Fantastic job!

Today I walked 2 miles at lunch and after work I did Vera LaRo 50 min Fire EMOM Full Body w/Dumbbells. That was a great workout and my muscles are fatigued. Her workouts fly by and no dread. She rocks! I had a little more time so I also snuck in KCM Bonus Step from Strength & Stamina. I never did it and it looked fun. It was.

I saw my Ortho today for my xray and check up. Everything looks good and I can pretty much do any form of exercise I want, except running. I don't run so no problem there. He said I could do step, just no continual pounding on a hard surface. I was really happy. I talked to him about occasional pain in my neck and shoulders and that I couldn't pin point what actually causes it and he said the most common sense thing that resonated with me. He said when you start feeling achey, it is your body telling you that you are doing too much of the same thing and to change up my exercises. He said its easy to get complacent in our fitness, so change it up regularly. He gave his own example as he works out too. Makes sense. He of course had to throw in that I am in my 50's and I will have some extra aches and pains. I think too many plank exercises in a week is a trigger for me.

Jolie, good workout. Have fun!

Debbie, good workout. The sharp pain in your knee sounds concerning. I would get a 2nd opinion. You should have healed by now, imo.

Doreen, Belinda and Roselyn, good workouts today.

Finally warming up and in the 70s today, but near 90 on Thursday. That's too hot.

Today I could not get on the Raw Channel. I do not know how to fix it and have not heard back from Kelly. I did Kelly's Cardio Fit workout 2 that is hi low and upper body, instead of planks I did one of the moves from PT, I used 3 and 5# dumbbells. This was 30 minutes, heart rate 118/145 133 calories, 1,575 steps. Then I decided to try some of Workout 1 kickbox and lower body, and ended up doing all of it, 30 minutes, heart rate 118/145, 138 calories, 1,751 steps. I finished with Cathe's Flow Mobility Basics Stretch timesaver and did a few other stretches, 17 minutes, heart rate 83/100, 36 calories. I also did 5 minutes of rotator strength. I don't know why I saved it, but that was another 15 calories.
Total time was 82 minutes, 322 calories, 3,326 steps. I have been working all day to get things ready and pre-prep some of the food for the ladies day I am hosting in the morning. I made cinnamon rolls that I have to get up early to set out to raise and bake. Also 2 different quiche, fixed bowls of berries to go with it. I need to get to bed as it is late.

Debbie, that is weird about the sudden pain with no apparent cause. My knees feel good right now. I have not had the one catch again. That is weird as it has only happened twice.

Belinda, that is so nice you got to have your birthday and mother's day while your family was together.
So far I have not seen a workout with Burpee Girl actually doing burpees. The workouts I have been doing are all low impact and standing moves. Nice work getting in Iron legs today.

Doreen, it is fun when there are some different moves. Nice work.

Roselyn, good job on Iron Legs 25.

Jolie, great work on Live Upper Body, those endurance workouts can really be a calorie burner. I know you are looking forward to your son's graduation and seeing him.

Cam, that is good news that you can do pretty much what you want now. It makes sense on being careful with doing the same thing repeatedly and need for change. I used to do planks a lot. I asked my PT and he suggested around 6 months post surgery. I have tried one or two here and there lately, and can see it is going to take while to get the strength back.

This morning I did a 30 minute ride with Ifit Jen Hudak in Bend Oregon - that looks like a really fun trail. Then I was going to take the dog out for a short ride but my front tire was flat!!!

No workout for me today, I went to my PT early this morning and she put me through a lot of exercises like the ones we are all used to with leg floor work. I need to start doing these workouts again and plan to. My muscles are so weak in my inner and outer thighs. I really felt simple exercises like clam, inner thigh lifts, etc. I plan on doing them at home when I can plus the PT exercises she showed me last time. I am feeling pretty good right now so hopefully that will continue. She said she sees improvement from last time so that is good. This is what I get for skipping floor work all the time. She said the sharp pain concerned her and that it could be a ligament or tendon, but since it's not continual, she thinks it will be better soon. She said it could take up to six weeks to feel good again. It's been going on for a lot longer than that, though!!

I also plan on incorporating yoga at least once a week. I need to change how I do things, these muscle injuries are getting out of control. I still have pain in my triceps as well plus my elbows. I'm falling apart!!!

Jolie - Have fun! We will miss you!

Cam - So glad to hear you are cleared for workouts! That is awesome!! Yes, I agree, we do get complacent and need to change things up. That is my goal, I hope I can do it!

Diane - That is weird about RAW and Kelly not getting back with you. Odd for her. Hopefully all that will get fixed soon. Yes, my PT was a bit worried about that sharp pain but she said since it's not constant, maybe something in my knee moved like a bone spur or something. I hope it doesn't happen again. Great job with your workouts!!

Roselyn, Belinda & Doreen - Great job with your workouts!

Roxie - Hope you have a great workout today!

Have a great day everyone! We are doing Mock Trial today, it's not my event but I am helping. So fun!

Today I did Tracy Steen 30 min. Total Body HIIT No Equipment No Jumping No Repeat. It was great. More core focused which is what I was looking for today and I added just a little impact, but It was 87 degrees today and my workout room was a little hot. 30 min was long enough today. I was so sweaty and had a hard time keeping my hands from slipping on my mat.

Tomorrow at work is our wellness day. I am going to a yoga session. I have feeling it will be very beginnerish, but hopefully I will get some good stretching out of it.

Diane, I would be very frustrated with KCM's service. One of the reasons I am a little scared to subscribe to a streaming service. I would think planks would put too much stress on your shoulder right now. Good workout! Hope you had fun with the ladies today.

Debbie, glad PT helped. You will be amazed how strong you will get doing those types of exercises.

Diane, Belinda, and Roselyn, good workouts today!

Today I did an older RAW workout - Boxing and Sculpting. This one has Kelly and her brother, Den, in it. I've only done this one once and I'm not sure why as it is a good workout. There are even abs at the end which I'm glad because I planned on doing an ab workout afterwards. Fun workout.

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 269 calories, did 1790 steps and HR was 133/168.

I also did my PT exercises using 2# ankle weights - that's what my PT said to do. Tomorrow I'm planning on doing a floor leg workout of some sort, either RAW or Cathe. Maybe using bands. I'll need to research tonight so I'm not looking for something tomorrow morning.

Diane - That is so weird about Kelly's subscription. Have you tried to resubscribe? I'm wondering if you can even get on her website with all the problems happening over there. I sure hope they get it fixed soon. Good job on your workout!

Cam - It is hard to believe these simple exercises help huge problems. I will keep doing them. Good job with your workout!

Belinda, Doreen and Roselyn - Nice job on your workouts!

Roxie - Didn't you say that the Charlotte Tilbury line was coming to Ulta? Do you know if that is still happening? Maybe I misundstood?

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning,

I am still rocking my workouts doing doubles most days. Yesterday we went to the lake even though the wind was blowing like crazy and still windy today but we are going again and then I am going to one of my grandsons baseball game. I did the sample workout of BeachBody’s new Fire & Flow workout and I think it’s going to be good.

Debbie-I haven’t heard anymore on that subject lately trendmood on instagram has been pretty quiet about it.

This morning I slept in a little because I was up at 4 when the birds started (not used to that yet). I did Arms and abs workout 7 with Casey Gilbert. Some fund moves here again this morning.

last night I pumped up my tire and took the dog out with the bike and he wanted to RUN!! So we did a pretty good pace up the gravel path hill by my house. I still worry about pushing him to far to fast so we turned around short of a mile and came back downhill at an easier pace. I kinda wish I was still running because this one would love it!

Good morning,

Walk outside and Iron D28 30 min DB Glutes workout is done.

Debbie - today’s workout had clam, inner/outer exercises. Great job!

I will be back later.

I am not making this long as I have had a terrible headache and left side of my neck has hurt since yesterday. I had PT today and he upped the standing scapular pulls with the pully machine to 10# each hand and when I did the arm overhead and rainbow type move overhead he handed me 1# dumbbells instead of non weight. Everything was 30 reps this time. The Body Blade is still really hard. I have two mor visits and I will be done. Ladies brunch and game day went well yesterday and we had a lot of fun. It is nice to just visit and laugh with so many things that are negative going on. I have my redo on the mammogram right side tomorrow morning so probably no workout.

I did ICE Boot Camp + Blizzard Blast. This was good today and I really like this BC of hers. I am still a little sore from Vera's weight session the other day. Taking my doctor's advice and not pushing it.

I have been really focusing on increasing my core strength this year. I had such weak abs and never took much time to work them. I held a boat pose for a minute yesterday. Before I could barely hold the pose for longer than 10 seconds. I am so pleased. Now I look forward to challenging my core.

Good workouts everyone!

Diane, hope you feel better tomorrow.

This morning I walked on my treadmill for about a mile and then I did lower body outer/inner thigh exercises on my own. I did monster walk with the bands, firewalkers, clams and inner thigh work with 2# ankle weights. Then I did the PT exercises using ankle weights. My knee actually feels really good today. Hope it stays that way!!!

No time for personals, my last spelling bee is tonight so I'm getting ready for all of that. Have a great day and workout!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.