Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2022!!

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Iron SS Arm, abs and core is done. I am having so much fun with my son and daughter in law. The dogs all getting along. Today my DIL‘s parents invited us for dinner. Of course, it will be outdoors. The food is so good here. We had vegan and vegan sushi. So good. You find lots of vegan options here.

BBL

Reactions: WD
I cannot believe that it is May already! Today I had a fantastic workout, 1 hour walk on the TM uphill, traveled 3.3 miles and burned 501 calories. Next, I did an upper body circuit just because I felt like lifting some weights. I did 2 rounds of the circuit and it felt good to get some ABS into my workout again. Total workout time was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned 711 calories.

Chest Press- 20's x 16, x 16
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 40# x 16, x 16
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 16, x 16
Tradition Bicep Curls- 12's x 16, x 16
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 16, x 16
Bicycles- x 30, x 30
Leg Raises- x 20, x 20
Supermans- 10 seconds x 4
Stretch

Belinda, have fun on your trip, it sounds like a lot of fun! Great job with the Iron workout today.

Make it a great day.

Today I did Tracy Steen 40 min Low Impact Standing No Repeat Cardio. I added just a teeny bit of a jump for some moves but pretty much stayed grounded. I was breathing hard. That was a tough low inpact, but I really liked it.

Belinda & Jolie, good workouts today!

Today I did some work to get in a bit of shoulder work and stretches. I did Raw Get Up and Move two times which was 9 minutes to loosen up and get my heart rate up, then I did some strength work for rotators and upper back for 20 minutes starting with rolling out the traps first. I finished with a stretch off of raw and some other stretches for neck and shoulders as that one was lower body and this was 17 minutes.
My shoulder has been sore and I think it is because when I did the reverse grip pullover move I picked up the wrong bar and used 9# instead of 5# bar. I have PT tomorrow.

Belinda, I am glad that you are having a nice time and the dogs are getting along well. That is a plus that they have good vegan food around there to eat.

Jolie, great workout today. It is amazing how fast time flies. I have so many things going on May and June and I bet they go by fast too. I have been trying to fit some abs in too.

Cam, nice work with Tracy Steen Low Impact Standing Cardio. I love it when I find myself breathing hard doing low impact cardio.

No workout this morning - Not great sleep and the dog was up barking at 3am so I hit snooze!

Saturday I did a bike ride - about 9 miles over an hour and half. Really great day to be out for a ride.

This morning I did RAW 4 Day Split Chest and Back and had a great workout. I went light this morning but it still felt good. I love this workout.

This was 1 minute per exercise going slow and controlled.

BACK
Lat Pulldown
: 10's/8's (this was done standing, tough exercise)
Reverse Pec Deck or Scap Squeeze: 8's
Lawn Mower: 20#
Repeat

CHEST
Moderated Pullover/Close Grip Press
: 12's
W Bench Press: 12's (this is tough)
Dumbbell Flies: 15's
Repeat

I walked on my treadmill for about 15 minutes and then I did my PT knee exercises. My knee is feeling better but still has some fluid in it. Hopefully that will go away soon.

Workout was 38 minutes, burned 291 calories, did 1971 steps and HR was 126/184.

I have such a crazy week here at work. Today I am setting up an art show - 122 pieces!! The teachers will set it up but I will be taking pictures of all the work. Wednesday is the open house for the show and Thursday I have a spelling bee. Yikes!!

Diane - I see you did a RAW workout, you must have gotten into you RAW account. I hope everything is ok now. I have not had any issues with it. Hope your shoulder is ok.

Jolie - Great workout yesterday! I can't believe it's May either but I'm happy about it. I have about 40 days until summer break!!

Belinda - So glad you are finding such good foods!! I am really enjoying Plantifully Kiki's recipes. I purchased her new cookbook - I have it on pdf but there is something about having the book. I love her stuff.

Cam - Nice job with you workout yesterday!!

Doreen - Great job on your bike ride! Sorry you didn't get much sleep last night. Hate when that happens.

Have a great day everyone!!

No workout today. I got very little sleep last night and power went out a 5 am. I had PT and just was not feeling doing anything else. We had some intense storms and hail again. I changed my Wed mammogram redo to the 12th as there is forecast of severe thunderstorms and tornados. No way I want to drive the distance again when weather is bad. Why can't Amazon delivery people get packages to the correct house. We have our address on the front of our house and our mailbox and they send a picture of my stuff on someone else doorstep :(

Doreen, lack of sleep does not encourage to work out. I tried to get a nap when I got back from PT, but just could not fall asleep. Probably the coffee I had to stay awake.

Debbie, as of last night I checked and I still can get on the Coffey Fit App with my Fire TV and it worked. I pulled up her website today on my laptop and got a warning of phishing so got back off of it. I was going to check and see if there was another way to contact her other than messaging through her app like I already did. The 4 day split set works well and not too long. You really have a lot going at work. My shoulder fells good today. The PT gave it a good stretch. My knee keeps swelling and then going back to normal. My joints all over had been bothering and my left wrist hurts and kept stinging yesterday. I think part of it is arthritis and weather related.

Tonight I did Tracy's 50 min 2 Rounds Upper Body Work it Circuit. I did this in March and liked the exercises and the beautiful ocean scenery in the background, so it was worthy of a repeat.

Looks like Heather has a fusion workout week. I may have to check those out. I am starting to like fusion workouts.

I walked on my treadmill this morning and did my PT exercises. My knee still feels weird and the fluid is still there when I bend it. I hope it goes away soon. I might try icing it later. It is better, just not completely 100% yet.

Diane - That is so weird, I don't have any problems using her channel on my Roku. I haven't been to her actual website, though. I will try that when I get a few minutes. We are supposed to get storms this afternoon as well. Last week a tornado touched down one mile from my house. I couldn't believe it. It was an EF0 so not very powerful, but it tore off the roof on a storage facility two roads south of us. Scary stuff!! Stay safe!

Hope you all are doing well and have a great workout today!!

Yesterday was a rest day for me. Today I had a great workout. I started with an uphill walk on the TM for 45 minutes, traveled 2.6 miles and burned 405 calories. Next, I did an upper body circuit and I like this type of format for a change. I did 3 rounds, and each set was times 16 reps. Total calories burned for the entire workout was 580.

Chest Flys- 12's x 16 reps
Cable standing Pullovers- 30# x 16
Seated Overhead Press- 12's x 16
Hammer Curls- 12's x 16
Lying Cross Body Triceps Ext.- 10# x 16
ABS/Core exercises- 5 different exercises to failure, including planks and supermans.

It is very important for me going forward to work the low back and the abs or this back issue of mine will go on forever. I have to make it a point to do them on a regular basis or I will get myself in big trouble again. Next Wed. I am leaving for my son's college graduation so I will be off through Sunday. I will try to get in as many workouts as possible before I leave. He will be graduating with a double major, Economics and Finance with a 4.0 grade point average while playing 3.5 years of NCAA D1 Football. I am very proud of this man. 4 of his friends got drafted into the NFL this past week, one went to Green Bay Packers, one to the Denver Broncos, one to the Washington Redskins and one went to Phili as QB. I can't wait to watch all of these young men on the field this coming season.

Debbie, sorry to hear about your knee issue, I know it will be ok soon. Good luck with all the things you have to do at work this week, I bet you will be ready for the weekend by the time Friday rolls around. Nice job on the workout yesterday and today. Does your knee bother you when you walk on the TM?

Doreen, your bike ride this past weekend sounds great! Enjoy your rest day.

Diane Sue, I have to have my Mammogram done soon, but I think I am going to look into the Thermography too, it is less radiation. I know it is expensive, but it is becoming more popular lately. When will you be finished with PT?

Cam, great job on the workout the other night. What are fusion workouts?

Hi everyone,

i am keeping up up with my workouts. Yesterday I did lower body, today was chest & back. I also took a walk.

My DD surprised me by today. I thought she was going on a business trip instead she came to celebrate my birthday tomorrow. I am still over the moon I can’t believe they all kept it secret for weeks and I had zero idea. I am so happy we all together in TX.

i didn’t bring my computer. I only have my phone or I use DH iPad.

Have a great day everyone.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Box and Barre, 35 minutes, heart rate 136/168, 205 calories. I forgot to check steps today, but I know not a lot. I then did Cather Ice To the Mat, 49 minutes, 100 calories, heart rate 82/100. For Box and Barre, I mostly did the boxing without weight as she uses 2# egg weights. I picked up 1# for a couple of moves that I knew would be safe. All was done with ankle weights 2.5#. I liked this as it was all low impact. On, To the Mat, I had to adjust for the plank moves and do something similar without resting on my arms too much. I used a stability ball to lean on for the side plank leg lift hip drop rather than on one arm on the floor. My doctor's office called about the bone scan and said that the bones were thinner than the last time in my hip. I suppose I should ask which one, but I figure it is the one that hurts quite often. Anyway they said to do weights and bands and I need to do cardio like treadmill or elliptical. I told them I have the spin bike. She said that regular cardio, which I am guessing she means light stuff like walk workouts are not going to strengthen the bone. Also she said to take vitamin lots of D and calcium at 1200 mg. Well, I have been being careful of the calcium to protect artery plaque, but have recently added it back for helping after surgery. I just spread it out so I do not get a huge amount all at once and what is not used getting diverted to arteries. It was kind of disheartening as I do work out and try to take care of everything.

Cam, nice work with Tracey's circuit yesterday. The ocean scenery in the background would be nice.

Debbie, I don't have a problem watching Raw on the Fire TV. This is when I went to her website to check my subscription and payment plan. All looked okay to me. Odd still it has not come out of my checking account this month and it usually has. I have not heard anything, but the email that was sent to me. Wondered if she knows something is going on. I went back to see if I could get info to contact her another way, but then I had the pop up warning. If I still had facebook I would message her there, but I don't. My knee is still achy and I have been icing to take the swelling back down. Not as bad as it was, but still bothering me. It is scary when those storms are close or going overhead. We have had a few close. They are saying this next one is expected to be stronger. One of those storms I lost fence somewhere. I have no idea where the double gate went and it looked like the hanging pots on the patio were going to fly through the window. Chain fence of the neighbors was bent over at the poles, lines were down so I couldn't get out. I cringe at going through that stuff. That one was not a real bad one where I was a couple miles over people died. Our fifth wheel was totaled and roof had to be replaced. Some lost windows. I was on the road during one once and Target lost its roof along with other businesses. I think that is why I have such a fear of driving in stormy weather.
I hope your knee continues to get better with the PT exercises. I had some low impact step workouts set out to do, but am skipping step till my knee quits bothering me completely.

Jolie, nice work on the walk and circuit that you put together today. I am sure finding I have my work cut out for me to get my strength back and get back in shape. All of that resting and the preceding months before surgery sure has made me weaker. Knowing players on the teams will make it that much more fun watching the football games. Congratulations to your son, I know you have to be really proud of him. I had found a place that did the thermography, but with so many things going on and family breast cancer surgery I have just kept doing the mammogram.

Belinda, great that you are getting the workouts in. That is a wonderful surprise having your daughter come to celebrate your birthday. I am sure you are having a great time that is really special. When we travel, I usually take along my tablet. I can do most things with it that I would want to do, and it is more travel friendly than dragging the laptop with me.

Iron Chest/back today

my daughter and son in law have been trying to get pregnant and have done their second IUI and told us today they are pregnant!! Very early so praying all is well she had been trying for 2 years and so glad this worked next step was IVF so send some prayers

Today I did Fit Split Boxing Boot Camp & Legs & Glutes. I don't think I have ever done the boxing workout because, as you know, I don't like boxing workouts. But I am trying to do different workouts. It was ok, but too much punching crap. However, the Legs & Glutes is killer! That workout gets me every time. Well done Cathe!

Roselyn, Congrats! I hope your daughter has a good pregnancy.

Belinda, Happy Birthday! Glad you are having fun!

Debbie, glad the knee is better.

Jolie, Congrats to you also! I hope the friend that got drafted to the Packers is successful. Best organization in the NFL! My opinion of course. Ha! Fusion workouts are typically a mixture of yoga, barre, light weights, pilates. Fusing different forms of fitness into one workout if that makes sense. BTW, Michelle Briehler has great core focused workouts. I really like her.

Diane, you are doing good. PT always pushed that damn stability ball on me. I don't have one, though I should probably get one. Hope it helps you out.

Good workouts everyone! Lots of good news for everyone today.

Today I did RAW 4 Day Split Bi's and Tri's and had a good workout. I usually add the heavy bag finisher but today I just walked on my treadmill a bit. I walked on my treadmill for 10 minutes instead.

This workout was 1 minute for each exercise/10 second rest. This was a great, intense workout.

Biceps
Supinated Curls
: 15's
W Curl to Rotate to Front: 10's
Hammer Curls: 12's (slow 4 counts up and down)
Bicep burnout w/Tube - I don't like tubing exercises because it seems like they really put a strain on my elbows for some reason. I used 5's and just did a burnout set that way)
Repeat

Triceps
Overhead Extension
: 12#
Kickbacks: 5's
Dips
Kickbacks w/Tubing
- Same as above, used 5's and did kickback runners
Repeat

My left tricep has really been bothering me. Maybe when I get done fixing my stupid knee, I'll see my PT for my tricep. Sick of this $hit!!! Then walked on my treadmill for about 10 minutes. Total workout was 34 minutes, burned 281 calories, did 1400 steps and HR was 128/175. Did my PT exercises as well.

Jolie - Nice workout yesterday. No, walking does not bother my knee unless I walk for a long time. I bent it a weird way last night and a pain shot through my knee that hurt really bad. Obviously it is not getting much better. I hope it isn't something more than what my PT thinks it is. It seems sort of ok today, just can't bend it back still. :(

Diane - I sent Kelly an email, hopefully she reads it. Nice job with your workout yesterday. Glad you are able to do some boxing again. How cool!!!

Roselyn - CONGRATS!! OMG that is such great news. I will keep them in my prayers that all goes well. How exciting!

Cam - You are so funny about boxing workouts. I LOVE them, the more punches the better for me!! Nice going!

Belinda - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! How sweet of your kids to get together with you today!! Have fun and I wish you the best year ever!!

Roxie - Where are you?

Doreen - Hope you are doing well.

Have a great day everyone!!

Today I am taking a forced rest day, I had a horrible night's sleep, coyotes howling all night long and dogs barking too! I hate having a poor night's sleep, I just drag the next day. I do not want to get run down for my trip next week so I will take this as rest day #2 for the week and it is only Wed!

Debbie, ouch on the knee last night! I hope you get to the bottom of the issue, have your PT look at the kneecap, it sounds just like the issue I had this past month. Great job on the workout today.

Belinda, happy birthday! It is so nice to have your whole family together for your big day. Nice job on exercising while on vacation.

Cam, I am going to look into these fusion workouts, are they on Youtube? Great job on your workout yesterday, sounds like a good one to me!

Roselyn, congrats to your son in law and your daughter on being pregnant! So, you are going to be a grandparent, very exciting!!!

Diane, great job on the workout yesterday. I find that our muscle memory really kicks in after the first two weeks and our bodies do bounce back quickly from being off, I know you will be back and better than ever soon.

Make it a fabulous day!

Jolie- I hear you on bad nights sleep - last night was that for me too - the guy that my husband takes care of spent the entire night screaming at the top of his lungs and I couldn't get to sleep and then would wake again. He finally settled down at about 3:30. I'm on all sorts of caffeine today - which I hate to do.

I've had such lousy workouts this week I still made myself get up and do a ride on Ifit - 40 minutes of endurance ending with some intervals.

Roselyn - Congrats! Definately praying for a successful pregnacy and no complications!!

Just a 2 mile walk today. It's finally a nice day so I took advantage of it.

Jolie, Heather Robertson has a Fusion week. She is on YT. Michelle Briehler and Tracy Steen have some good ones too.

Take care everyone.

Today I did Burpee Girl Low Impact Cardio to the Beat, 35 minutes,228 calories, heart rate 147/160, 3,134 steps. I then did my PT exercises + some biceps with 8# dumbbells, 37 minutes, 110 calories, 13 sets, heart rate 100/129, 160 steps. I finished with some stretches and foam rolling, 16 minutes, 19 calories, heart rate 72/99. Total time was 88 minutes, 357 calories, 3,294 steps. I would have done more, but when I went to get up off the floor my right knee locked up and I could not move it around to stand. It really hurt. This is the second time that has happened to me. This time I massaged it and tried to move the knee around, managed to get it in front of me still hurting. I could not get it straight or get up till I was feeling around the knee and pushed down on it and it popped back to where it was supposed to be and the pain stopped. Last time it happened I had spent much longer locked up and had to work to scoot to where I could pull myself up. I stayed in pain and spasms and could not stand up straight as it hurt up to my hip. I don't know what is going on with it. I thought the last occurrence was just something that happened. It has been a few months since that happened. Weird as it feels fine now.

Roselyn, I bet you are excited. Praying it all goes well after all of the trying. Wonderful news.

Cam, I prefer the workouts be kickboxing with a balance of kicks and boxing myself. I do like doing kickboxing, but a bit afraid of doing too much as yet. If the boxing is a bit slower and not so intense, I am okay. I have been looking at some of Burpee Girls different workouts with weights and kettlebells. I have to look at something while doing PT as it makes those longer timed things move along faster. I have 3 stability balls. One is not inflated. I use both of the others because the Bosu ballast ball with sand does not work well when used in a cardio workout. Otherwise I use the Bosu one as it gives a bit more work to abs. I tried the ball toss and catch on Cathe's workout when doing the to the Mat workout and soon switched from the bosu as tossing it was uncomfortable for the shoulder. I think it weighs 4.5 lbs. I am familiar with different moves I can sub because of Cathe's workouts. Like lying on my side over the Stability ball for the rotator cuff moves. Better than laying on my shoulder on the floor. My knee surgeon told me to cross train which I always did try to do. But, sometimes I find myself in a rut of doing the same thing all of the time. I am not a fan of my pieces of equipment like spin bike, and the Tread Climber I might use a bit more, but it is in the bedroom where my husband is sleeping when I workout. It is the Body Blade that I kind of cringe at, but seriously it looks like a good effective piece of equipment. I watched some videos on youtube. My arm feels like it is shaking and going to give out after a 30 second set. I do 3 sets. Bob and Brad on youtube that do PT stuff demoed how to make one cheap to try out before you buy it and were talking about how it helps. They just used some of that plastic molding stuff, giving measurements on the youtube episode.

Debbie, nice work today on Biceps and Triceps. I always felt I hurt more with the tubing. After all of these PT sessions, this one and the one I had a couple of years ago, I think it is more that I have imbalances and muscle groups that are weak. I am doing better with the tubing and bands after using them for PT. It is amazing what a slightly different angle with a move can do.
I wonder what it is with your knee. I was researching a bit this morning and step workouts are good for bone building. I really should not have put two risers under the platform on that last step workout. I am happy that I can do some boxing and I don't feel anything with it.
Thanks for messaging Kelly. I am glad it has been addressed.

Jolie, I find it is when I am really wanting to be rested and at my best for an event, I end up not sleeping. I have not slept well the last 3 nights. Planning for hosting the ladies day on Tuesday and what I am making, then there is doctors and getting things done and still be rested for the two nights of wedding festivities coming up. Also, this mammogram thing is causing some anxiety. I got a letter today from Breast Health and the said they saw something and wanted to get a better picture to check it out. Also said it is usually benign, then told me all about having dense breast tissue and the awareness that harder to read and more chances of cancer. Not real encouraging. I hope you can get some sleep.
Yes, those muscles usually bounce back pretty quickly. My PT says around 6 months I can do planks again. It will probably take a bit to get the strength back to where it was.

Doreen, tired and caffeine never feels good. That sounds like a miserable night. I hope it is better for you tonight. Way to go still getting a workout in.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.