Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mau 2019

WD

Cathlete
Getting us started for a new month.

Debbie, Stacked sets Lower and Upper are dvds from Cathe's Lite series. I have been purchasing them one at a time. I love my time with God! People do not know what they are missing and I think many adults do not know who God really is.

Belinda, the rebounder would be great for the jump rope hiit.

Joining back in for May! I've been watching everybody's workouts but April was just to busy to post. Through April I did a month of Fitness on Demand (an app). They had great barbell workouts similar to body pump, power step workouts, bootcamp workouts, WAR kickboxing, etc. Lots of fun workouts but I had technical problems with the videos cutting out or the streaming dropping that I just couldn't troubleshoot so I will not continue that service. Too bad- because there were great workouts.

Now I am trying Sweat Studio on Demand. I've done 2 workouts so far and really enjoyed both. Yesterday was a barbell bootcamp and today a Bike, Bells & Burn.

Diane - I would agree with you. Very few read for themselves and learn about God so they just dismiss it as religion with a bunch of rules instead of a relationship with our Creator!

I am in the middle of my workout, cardio finished , but still weights. I misspelled May!! I can't see a way to change it so I guess we are checking in on Mau :p

Doreen, glad to see you check in here. You are getting in quite a lot of interesting workouts from your streaming. Thanks! I read my Bible through and do complete verse by verse studies. I want to absorb as much as I can. I wish everyone could have that relationship.

This morning I did Cathe Lite Cardio Party, 39 minutes, met 8.0, 283 calories, heart rate average 142, max 182, 3,813 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw ascending pyramids lower body, 40 minutes, 219 calories, met 6.2, heart rate average 106, max 134, 590 steps. I finished off with Lite Extended stretch #1, 13 minutes, met 3.0, 35 calories, 13 steps. Total time was 92 minutes, 537 calories, 4,416 steps.
Weights Lower body pyramids Raw 3 rounds of each body part of 3 sets timed Kelly uses 12,15,and 20# dbs
Squats
15lb dbs
14,14,15 reps
20#dbs 14,14,13 reps
25#dbs 11,10,10 reps
alternating lunges
12# dbs
12,10,10 reps
15# dbs 10,10,10 reps
20# dbs 10,8,8 reps
suitcase deadlift
12# dbs
8,8,9 reps
15# dbs 8,8,8 reps
20# dbs 8,7,7 reps
Sumo deadlift 1 db
15#
12,11,11 reps
20# 12,12,11 reps
25# 8,11,10 reps
Reverse Lunge
12# dbs
12,10,10 reps
15# dbs 10,10,10 reps
20# dbs 10,10,8 reps

I am back from my walk. Walked 5 miles.

Diane and Debbie - I agree with you all on God. It's sad.

Diane - that's funny about the check in on Mau :) I forgot it's May 1.

Diane & Debbie - about the workout: 30 sec high Hiit, 30 sec Low Hiit followed by a core workout/2 rounds. Than she moves on the the next group. You do a total of 6 groups. She does jump rope moves for the HiiT. The core workouts she does either with the loop or glider. The core workout with the gliders are the hardest for me. My gliders don't glide well. Sometimes I sub the stability ball for core pikes. I do like the jump rope moves, I do them all on my rebounder. She does have a modifier for all the high impact moves. I am getting great results from the program. My weight is finally dropping again without starving myself. The workout was the same as last week, she mixes the exercise in different groups of 2 or 3/rep patterns. At the end she does all the core exercises one more time through.

I will be back later.

Jolie, you are doing great with Yvette's workouts. They always look fun to me till I do them. Sometime I might get brave and try another one. I wish she had just strength by itself instead of the cardio that she does. That is great that you are getting into the shape that you want and have lost inches with those workouts. I had my children in Christian school when they were young. My older daughter has/had hers in a Christian school. The older two are in college now. My younger daughter did home schooling till this year and she went back to teaching. Helping our children grow up with those values should be priority.

Belinda, that sounds like it would be doable on the Hiit low and high workout. I have 3 sets of gliders and I think my older actual Gliding Discs brand work the best. The surface you are sliding on makes a difference as well. Not all carpeting and rugs are the same and neither is bare flooring. Even with the covers they tend to find something to catch on on the bare floors. They do not glide on puzzle mats with or without covers. That is great that your weight is dropping.

Diane - I do like the cardio workout with the jump ropes. If I want to go all out, I jump on my rebounder. Sometimes I do them on the floor (low impact of course) It's a lot of fun. I workout in my gym in the basement, we don't have carpet in the basement. I do use some floor runners I had for Brawler so he wouldn't slide/or do the splits upstairs were we have wood floors. I been using the runners, not one of my gliders glide on the carpet. I am using furniture gliders :) I also have puzzle mats. She does uses the gliders and weights. My carpet in the living room would work best, but then we have to schlepp all the weights upstairs. I do the best with what I have, so far it's been working.

Reactions: WD
Good Evening,

I played hooky from work to spend DHs Birthday with him we went shopping. I did 21 Day Fix Extreme Upper Body and it was a good one. As for god I have a grudge against him he took my father from me when I was 30 so not fair.

Good morning,

D48 legs is done. Two more day's and I am done with Phase 2 :)

Roxie - great job on 21DF. One of my favorite programs. Sorry about your dad :( Happy birthday to your husband. Mine bday is coming up this weekend. Getting old :(

Jolie - I stopped doing Cathe's high impact workouts a long time ago. My knees can't handle all that jumping, plus I don't enjoy jumping around. What happened to the good old day's with fun cardio? Everything is drill type workouts. Jumping jacks/burpees :( I don't believe I need all high impact cardio to stay in shape. I still do her strength training. Maybe I will give Yvette another try once I am done with my current rotation. She is very similar to Cathe's workouts, IMO!

I will not be around much today and tomorrow. I still will get my workouts in.

Hi to the rest of the gang. BBL!

Today I did Cathe Live Stacked Upper Body from 3/14/19 and I went a bit heavier on some exercises than I did last time. Wow, what a difference that made!! I really felt it and my muscles are still burning. Love this workout, it goes fast. I am really starting to see some definition in my upper body from these workouts. I should start adding a leg day in once a week, I might do that next week and see how I do with my hamstring. Believe it or not, it still bothers me on and off. Oh, and Cathe does a lot 1.5 moves in this workout. Real burner.

Giant sets repeated once - so 2 times through each giant set.

Giant Set 1
Dips
- 48/32 reps
Lying Triceps Extensions: 12's - 7 reps
Pushups: 16 reps on toes for both sets
Close Grip Bench Press: 15's - 7/8 reps
Dumbbell Press: 15's - 12/10 reps
Close Grip to Flat Bench Press: 15's - 4 reps

Giant Set 2
One Arm Wide Row:
22.5#/20# - 8 reps (palms back then front is one rep)
Pullovers: 25# - 10/8 reps
Hip Hinge/Back Fly: 12's - 7 reps (3 flies, stand, do it again)
Biceps Drop Curls: 15's/12's/10's - 8 reps each no rest
8 Point Drop Curls: 12's - 8 counts (love these!)
W Curls: 10's - 8 reps

Giant Set 3
Hip Huggers:
15's - 24/16 reps (cool exercise!)
Overhead Press: 12's - 8 reps
Front/Side Raise: 8's/5's - 8 reps
Lateral U Raise: 5's/8's - 8 reps (these were cool too)
Shoulder Circles: 5's - 2 time at 8 reps each

Great workout!! It was 49 minutes total, burned 415 calories, HR was 151/202. Last time I did this I only burned 263 calories. I wore my FB watch looser and doubled that amount. How can there be that kind of a difference with calorie burn just due to how you wear your watch? Crazy.

Jolie - We welcome pictures of what you are seeing outside your windows and on your walks. :) We would love to live vicariously through you. I don't know how you will ever leave that place, it sounds like heaven. Nice with the hills and the butt burn, can't beat that!! Nice job with Yvette's workout yesterday too, puke status rocks!!

Diane - I did a stacked set workout this morning and they are fun. Glad you ordered them. Nice job with your workouts yesterday! You are killing it!!

Doreen - Great to have you back!!! That is a bummer about the Fitness on Demand. I wonder why they were doing that?

Belinda - Wow on those cardio workouts, they sound hard but fun! Great job following this rotation! I'm on the fence about keeping BB, I have until May 23 to decide. I really like the yoga workouts but is it worth $63? I don't know. Eventually I would like to do Body Beast and Lifft4 again, but not sure when.

Roselyn - Great job on your workout!

Roxie - I'm sorry about your dad passing - mine did too. 10 years ago. I still can't believe it's been that long. But... my dad had heart issues, smoked and never really took much care of himself. I can't blame God for that. Your situation might be different, but God does things for a reason. I know that is not helpful, but it's true. At least I believe it's true. Hugs girl. I'm sorry about that!

Have great workouts everyone!!

Debbie - I feel the same way about the $$. You still have all the writing workouts sheet from L4? It's easy to do them without spending all that $$, IMO! I don't use the yoga, I think I only done 2 so far :( Plus, you can play your own music :) If you still have until May 23, maybe watch all the Body Beast workouts and write down the exercises. If you don't have time to write them all down, I have the dvd's. I am going to see if I still have workout sheets? If I do I can sent them to you. Great job today.

This morning I did Drop Set Dare - 30 minutes and wow- that was a great format super heavy for 5-8 reps then immediately drop weights for 10-12 reps then drop weight again for 12-16 and then finally bodyweight for 16-20 reps. Then I did 20 min HIIT Total body sculpt and another great workout. I was burning out. This Studio Sweat on Demand so far has some great weight workouts. I've gone ahead and purchased 3 months (so I could get 50% off the regular monthly fee) so we'll see how long until I burn out on SSoD!!

Great job on all your workouts ladies! I was talking to a co-worker about how much streaming workouts cost and she was shocked and thought they were cheap! I guess she pays over $100/month for live spin classes at a gym here in town. That made me feel better but I still keep my streaming to one subscription per month and won't pay more than $20/month. I've written down workouts before but find that I won't do them - its just not the same as following the video but some people can do it!!

Debbie - I feel the same way about the $$. You still have all the writing workouts sheet from L4? It's easy to do them without spending all that $$, IMO! I don't use the yoga, I think I only done 2 so far :( Plus, you can play your own music :) If you still have until May 23, maybe watch all the Body Beast workouts and write down the exercises. If you don't have time to write them all down, I have the dvd's. I am going to see if I still have workout sheets? If I do I can sent them to you. Great job today.

Belinda - I have Body Beast on DVD also, but my DVD player sucks. I have all the workout sheets as well. I like working out with the trainers, they give me motivation more than working out by myself. I'll see, I might just get another subscription when I want to do those workouts again. I'm really enjoying Cathe Live and Kelly's RAW so for right now I am good. Thanks for the offer, though!!

Today I did Cathe Live Pumped Upper Body form 2/15/18. I really like this one, it is fast, higher reps and your muscles are screaming by the end. I went heavier than cathe in a few exercises so that make me happy:) Workout was 55 minutes and I burned 402 calories. each round is done 3 times, reps vary.

Bicep Curls- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12
Upright Rows- 12's x 16, x 12, x 12

W Curls- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12
Front Raises- 15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Isolation Holds- 10's
Hammer Curls- 15's x20 ( I added these in )

Kickbacks- 10's x 12, x 12, x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 16, x 16, x 16
Rear Flies- 10's x 18, x 16, x 16
Wide Grip Pull Downs instead of pullovers- 50# x 16, x 14, x 12

Chest Press- 20's x 16, x 16, x 12
Chest Flies- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12
Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 16, x 12, x 10
Lying Triceps Ext. no dips- 12's x 16, x 16, x 16

1 Arm Rows- 25's x 12, x 12, x 12
Lateral Raises, 4 side, 4 front- 8# x a lot, dropped to 5's second and third round

ABS

Great Workouts everyone!!!! I have to come back to post personals, I have to take my son to the doctors for a check up so I am running late. I will post some pictures of my new gym room and views later :) I feel God blessed me and my family for the next year in this house. However, a pack of coyotes came up towards our deck this morning looking at my dog! Time to get out the pellet gun run them out of town! They kill so many small animals around here, time to show them who is boss. I wont kill them or wound them but I will scare them.

Have a wonderful day my friends.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Cathe Rhythmic Step, 61 minutes, 401 calories, heart rate 143 average, 176 max, met 7.50, 6,085 steps. I then did Cathe Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper Body, 37 minutes (I took a few minutes longer writing things down for the first round of each exercise group) 187 calories, met 6.0, heart rate 104 average, max 151, 829 steps. Total time was 98 minutes, calories burned 588, steps 6,914.
Stacked Sets Upper Body
Chest and Triceps
round 1 A
dips off step 32 reps
triceps push ups with step 12 reps
rotating kickbacks 10# dbs 12 reps
close grip bench/ flat bench/ combo close and flat alt 12# dbs 24 reps counting the combo each as 1
chest flys 12# dbs 8 reps
plyo pushups onto step 12 reps
repeat all for round B I used the same weights
Shoulders Round 2 A
dumbbell front squeeze and press 8# dbs 12 reps
overhead press 1.5 count 12# dbs 8 reps
lateral raise 1.5 count 8# dbs 8 reps
lateral U raise 8# dbs 8 reps
Hip Huggers 15# dbs rnd A 12# rnd B(I felt this in my neck and traps and did something similar very recently with Kelly and decided not to push it)
repeat all for round B same weights all but hip hugger
Back and Biceps
Round 3 A
pullovers 1.5 count 15# dbs 8 reps
double arm dead row 15# dbs 16 reps
hip hinge with 3 back flys 10# dbs done 5 times
biceps curls 15# dbs 8 reps
8 point drop curls 12# dbs 16 reps
hammer curls 15# dbs 8 reps
reverse curls 12# dbs 8 reps

Roselyn, nice work getting your workout in.

Roxie, that is nice that you were able to spend your husband's birthday with him and get in your workout. I am sorry that you have grieved so much for your dad. I lost my mother who was not that old to als. she never got to see my children get married or my grandchildren. I loved her dearly and she was devoted to God. She was provided with a computer set up by the MDA so she could use her toes to talk through the computer and she could read her Bible by clicking the buttons. I was so thankful for that for her. The thing is every one of us will die at some point. Death is part of who we all are. Even Jesus wept over death of a friend. Maybe a grief share group would help you. God does use circumstances for good. Our suffering should help us to have more compassion and understanding to help others through those times. My heart goes out to you.

Debbie, great job. It is interesting seeing Cathe's live version of the Lite stacked sets upper. I see some of the same moves and she does the 1 and a halfs here too. I found it a bit difficult writing out the reps because of the 1 and a halfs. It is the same with the lower body if I remember right. I will do that one either Saturday or Monday. Since I just did Kelly's lower pyramid, I am not sure my legs can handle much more at this point :) I went a bit heavier than Cathe for all of the exercises, but think there are some areas where I could go heavier, like some of the arms and back moves. This was the first time though. I am trying to remember which workout Kelly did on Raw that had something like the hip hugger in a move. A bit more lift toward the back though. Maybe it was the Hip Hop Weights workout. I just know my neck and shoulders really felt it. That was last Friday. I will have to look and see what weight I used. I am pretty sure I lowered the weight there too. My neck has been terribly painful lately. The damp weather does not help the arthritis. I purchased Garden of Life Tumeric and am sorry I did not go for the Vimerson that Colin E. Champ recommends. It works better. He is an oncologist It says one tablet which just is not working. Yesterday I took 3. Trying to stay away from ibuprophen. That is what I get for looking at the 25% off at Sprouts and the 3 dollar off Garden of life coupon.

Belinda, Kelly says on her Raw Lower Pyramid that you can mute the sound and just follow along and play your own music. That workout is a simple enough format to just follow looking at her. How many rounds are in that workout series.

Jolie, I would love to see pictures too. Your new home sounds like a dream vacation home :) I hope that you can find something in a year that fits close to that. Coyotes are a problem. My daughter has had problems with them living out in the country. That is another reason they have two dogs to help protect each other. Theirs are labs. Great workout today. Nice that you were able to go heavier than Cathe on some of the moves.

Doreen, she would do so much better getting streaming spinning classes at home. That is a lot of money. We checked out Orange theory once to see what they cost and it is ridiculous for even a couple of classes a week. I remember my husband thought the cost mentioned was for a month and I whispered to him that no that was for 1 class.

Here is a picture of my back balcony this afternoon.

Balcony.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5216 (1).JPG
    IMG_5216 (1).JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5216 (1).JPG
    IMG_5216 (1).JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 5

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.