Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2021

Thanks Debbie! I really confused on the less is more concept. I always thought I should be doing more in order to lose weight. I really appreciate you taking the time to read it or anyone else. I really appreciate your opinion :)

Reactions: WD
Diane - I think the price is a little high for 12 workouts ranging from 30 min to 50 min. If she would offer them as MP4's like Cathe would I would have consider getting them. I have her latest on purple player, hardly use it since I forget about it. Plus, I prefer Cathe's weight lifting over Jessica's. I do like her walking workouts.

Good morning,

Today I did SBF Arm w/ball plus Quick Planks.

I am keeping my workouts very low. My knees are killing me. Not sure what's going on again. Not overdoing it on exercise.

Doreen - how is your DD doing?

Have a great day and workout.

This morning I walked for about 1.25 miles just to warm up and then I followed some PT isometric exercises I found on a Youtube channel called Overhead Athletics. These guys on here are impressive and I found a video on triceps tendonitis PT exercises. Listening to what the PT guy was saying, this could take weeks to heal and probably a few months. I started the isometric exercise he showed which he said to do for a few weeks and then move onto eccentric moves. I'll try it. I know how bored I get doing this kind of stuff, but I want this muscle to heal. I'll keep you all updated.

Belinda - I read over that material and quite frankly, I can't say I agree with much of it. I do believe that we do not have to kill ourselves in order to lose or maintain weight and I do agree that we need to count calories in order to know what we are eating and how much. However, I did a couple of the calorie calculators, although I only found two of them from those 5 links she had on there, and it shows I need to eat 1200 calories a day. Sorry, but I would be starving if I ate this low in calories. No way. I'm at least at 1700 now and I'm not working out hard at all and I'm not gaining weight. I usually eat about 800 calories by lunch time. She is saying our bodies need to stay on a routine and do/eat the same amount every day. Poppycock. Our bodies need to mix it up with workouts and eating in order to lose weight or gain muscle or anything. Staying stagnant is the worst thing for our bodies. I'm not sure where she got all that information from, but I don't think it's right. I think this all begins with figuring out if you have a good metabolism or not, what type of body type you have, and how much you want to lose. I used to use the calorie formula provided by the book I read years ago called "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle". If you are interested, I can figure out what your calorie count should be and you can take it from there. I know we are aging, and I do believe that as we age our metabolisms will change, and that is what we need to work with. If you have a hard time losing weight, then you do need to eat less. Workouts are just the bonus, eating is the key. Anyways, take my words for what it is, just my opinion. You might want to try what she is saying just to see if it works for you.

Diane - I am also having a hard time finding cat food. What is going on with the pet foods lately? Friskies and Fancy Feast are not on the shelves at any grocery store around here. I order them from Chewy, but even they don't have a lot of what my cats eat. So frustrating, I wonder what's going on? Sorry Diane, I always get confused on whether you live in TX or OK. I, for one, wish our mask mandate was gone. It won't be for a while, though. I'm so sick of wearing those nasty things.

Roselyn - Thank you, me too! Sick of feeling like this.

Take care everyone! Have a great weekend!! Yay it's FRIDAY!!!

Debbie - thanks for you input. I am not gaining weight, nor I am losing those last few pounds. It's really frustrating! I am very honest about how much I workout each day. The weight is the same. My doctor a few month ago, recommended eating only 1200 cal a day. I would be starving eating like that too. I had MFP set on 1700 cal daily according to the 21DF recommendations. Her calculator gave me 1634 cal daily. I do have a hard time reaching that number. Before the 21DF and Pahla mine was set around 1500 cal. I do noticed if I workout more, I get very hungry. I was always wiped out too. I noticed the last few years my metabolisms slowed down a lot. I am going to be 58 year old this May. It's just very frustrating. I walk my @$$ off nothing seems to help. I lose a few pounds and gain the same ones back. I been trying to drink more water, I know I am not drinking enough. If I got anything out of this is to add more water. Although the last time the dietitian weight me, she said I didn't lose any weight/nor did I gain anyway weight during the holidays. Not sure, if my thyroid/RP or the medication I am taking has anything do do with my weight not going down? I really appreciate your input on this. I knew I can count on you guys. I do believe I have "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" somewhere unless I donated it last year. If I can't find it this weekend, I would love to get your help. Thank you so much for taking the time to read the ebook. I was very confused about it. Great job this morning.

Belinda, - you're welcome. I'm lucky that my metabolism is still pretty high. I feel my body burning calories during the day. LOL! I've always been hyper and I need to move around a lot so that is why my body burns calories pretty good during the day. However, now that I'm getting older (55 at the end of this month, good Lord!) I'm sure things will change. If I notice I'm gaining weight, I will adjust my calories and eat a bit less. I eat throughout the day, I eat breakfast, a snack at 9:30, lunch, a snack at 2:30 and dinner. I don't eat after 6 p.m. and usually not after dinner. I think eating throughout the day keeps my metabolism going. If you're not doing that, maybe try it.

Debbie - I move all day long. I usually get between 17,000 steps - 20,000 steps a day. I also burn a good amount of calories doing Cathe's workouts. Where do they go? My metabolism is still slow. Like I said, the older I get, the harder it is to lose weight. I don't eat a snack in the morning or snack in the afternoon. The reason I don't snack during the day is, so I don't have to take out my Invisalign. I already brush my teeth enough, lol. I will try to eat a snack maybe that will keep my metabolism going. I am trying to add more protein, I know I don't eat enough. I can workout until the cows come home. Thanks again for all your help!

I did Jessica Smith WS3 Total Body this morning. I saw she released her new series and it has been a while since I've done any of her workouts - I thought I needed a refresher to see if I wanted to order. I mean I want to order because she puts together some good workouts. But the price is steep and I wonder how much I would really use them if I don't already use what I have of her programs. I wish they wouldn't do the hook where its a low introductory price at release and then the price goes way up! WTH? What if I can't buy now!?

My daughter is home now. She won't go back to school until Wednesday when the entire school returns to in-person, 5 days a week. We met with the school counselor and did some re-arranging of her workload and schedule which I think will help take the stress off her. I think being out of the house some every day will be good too - but she seems to have some social anxiety too (large crowds or rowdy groups). It just still surprises me how she coped and hid it all for so long until it finally just cracked. So much pain for one so young. I'm not sure I like the meds they have started her on for depression. She doesn't laugh or smile as easily now and seems very stiff and "frozen". I keep telling myself it will just take some time to work through everything and figure out all the pieces. Thank you everybody for your prayers.

Doreen - I don't think the price will increase to almost $200 for 12 workouts. I think it's a marketing strategy for you to jump on it right now. Who would pay $200? I wouldn't!! I think the price is pretty steep too That is 2 years of Cathe Live :) I am pretty sure they are all similar what Cathe/KCM already put out.

Sorry your daughter is going through this. I am sure once she goes back to school she will work rough everything. I will keep her in my prayers.

Yesterday I went to the Chiro and had a fantastic appointment. We found under lying issues that finally showed itself and got them fixed. My discs that were out were related to my Pancreas, Gall Bladder, Kidneys which makes a lot of sense with the problems I have been having. I basically got my whole body adjusted and wow, what a difference. There was a lot of Facia in my right shoulder so he worked on that for a long time and broke it up. I was screaming while he was doing it but afterwards it feels amazing to get rid of the tightness. Also, I got a lot of cool laser done on my body and I got a BEAMER treatment which improves the bodies circulation in 10 minutes and it elevates inflammation. I feel great today. So, I went for a walk on the beach and ran into my kids high school football coach and had the best time catching up. I walked 4.3 miles in packed sand on a trail and burned 847 calories in 1 hour 30 minutes. I now have a sun tan and feel amazing. Here is a picture of where I walked today. The weather was beautiful, 74 degrees and sunny.

Everyone is doing awesome on their workouts. I hope to start lifting either tomorrow or Monday but lite weights for sure. It has been a while so I want to go easy.

Doreen, I am so happy your daughter is home and I bet having her there is a relief. I bet she will enjoy going back to school, kids need the social aspect more than we think..

Make it a great day.

Beach.jpg

Today I did CDorner Hiit Cardio Strength using dumbbells and a loop band, 63 minutes, 187 calories (ha! she looked at her watch and said something like she got 525 calories then someone else said something and she said don't worry over it) heart rate 101/145, 2,742 steps. This was the same strength segment done repeatedly dropping a rep each rnd and used dumbbells and the loop band was used for a couple of cardio segments. Cardio between each strength round for 2 minutes, so mainly strength. I checked this morning and my CL subscription ran out. I will wait awhile to do that again.

CDorner Hiit Cardio Strength Dumbbells
10,15,20# dumbbells, loop band
Each round is the same moves with 2 minute cardios in between except last two rounds which are back to back and final 1 rep set is each move done at a slow count.
lunges 15# dbs right and left count as 1 rep
squats 20# dbs
push up or bench press alternative I did bench press with 15's except last two sets I did push ups on knees
dead rows 20# dbs
squat thrust curl press/alternative squat front raise 10# dbs
2 minute cardios between rounds
Each round 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,reps then no cardio two reps followed by 1 rep 8 count
ending with abs 2 minutes of knee ins alternated with punching sit ups

Belinda, I am sorry about your knees. I was hoping the injections would improve things. I agree with Debbie, I think our bodies need variety in food and exercise. It is easy to get in a rut that results in no changes. I did read the download. I would imagine that snacking would be a pain with the invisaligns. My granddaughter snacks here and leaves hers on the counter till she goes upstairs to brush or whatever she does and put them back in. When I work out early I do not eat anything. When it is later in the morning I might have an RX bar or one of those Kelly protein balls I make. That is if the day before I did not consume a lot of calories. You need plenty of protein to build the strength.

Debbie, I used to have Burn Fat Feed the Muscle. I think I had it in a download on one of my laptops. I just dumped some fitness books that I had when cleaning off my workout room shelves. I just never use them. Rachel Cosgrove who I did work out a program with weights and kettlebells, but fitting it in with portions of similar stuff using dvds. This worked well, but she never worked biceps and her diet was heavy on fish every single day. I like fish, but no way eating it like that. I had several others as well. That is weird about the cat food as well. I went back and checked and every variety of Royal Canin dog food was out of stock. I did find some of the weight management Royal Canin that I used before the vet diet for weight called Satiety, at Amazon. I ordered that and picked up the 7# bag at the vets office that they had at the enormous price of 35 dollars. Much better buying the large bag. The bag of the other will not be here till next week. I thought it was odd I couldn't find the other types of food either. I checked to see if there was a problem on the internet, but did not find one. Only someone that said that happens once in awhile with Royal Canin and to get an extra bag and keep an extra at all times. That is so encouraging :rolleyes: I hope those exercises for the triceps help. Those things seem to always take months to get better.

Doreen, I like Jessica Smith and her workouts, but they do tend to sit quite a bit. She needs something a bit more upbeat added to them. They are good workouts and I get a lot of steps with the cardio workouts though without killing myself. I hope getting back into the school atmosphere will help her. I would pay close attention to her reaction with the meds. Hopefully she won't need them long and this is all temporary. Pour child, hopefully you can find things that cheer her up. Praying.....

Jolie, I am glad that you feel better after the chiro treatment. The walk on the beach looks like it would be lovely and so relaxing.

Quick check in as I need to get busy and take advantage of no children here for packing. I did CDorner Cardio Kickboxing, heart rate 115/166, 196 calories, 44 minutes, 4,262 steps. I also did CDOrner Mobility at Home, 32 minutes(28 actual), 39 calories, 185 steps, heart rate 82/96, 185 steps. This one she does some shoulder and neck focus. I liked it. Total time was 76 minutes, 228 calories, 4,447 steps.

Today I walked on my TM, 45 minutes uphill, traveled 2.3 miles and burned 429 calories. Next I did an Upper Body Circuit, lite weights and it felt great to lift again, even though my weights were no where near normal. I did 3 rounds of the circuit, x 16 reps, x 14 reps, x 12 reps. I did ABS until failure, boy are my ABS weak again. It cam in around 24 reps to 30 reps for the AB work. Total workout time was 65 minutes and I burned 597 calories.

Chest Press- 15's x 16, x 14, x 12 reps
1 Arm Rows- 15's
Seated Overhead Press- 12's
Seated Bicep Curls- 12's
Lying Triceps Ext.- 10's
ABS- Bicycles, crunches, leg lifts

I am going to be taking it really easy with the weights for a while to see if I can get back into lifting again. I will not be pushing it at all with the weight, I just want to do something for muscle development.

Diane Sue, your workout yesterday looks great. You are lifting pretty impressive weights for the lower body, you should be happy about that :)

Doreen, I hope your daughter is doing well today. How was school yesterday?

Belinda, sorry to hear that your knees are hurting again, I thought the steroid shot would work. :( I use a Patella strap and boy does that help me with knee pain, I like the support it gives me.

Debbie, have a nice weekend off! Did your mom get vaccinated? My parents have not yet and my dad is 87 and my mom is 84.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Diane, that is great news that your house sold!!! Where are you moving to? Nice job getting a workout in today and good luck with the packing.

Hi,

I did my workouts this morning, just getting around to post them. My DD is visiting. Today I did SBF D55 LB w/bands (floor work) and LB Quick Target. We also walked outside, it was in the 30's. Very cold.

Diane - thanks you. I been giving my knees a break, still hurting. I think I have a lot of fluid in my knees again. Does your grand daughter has attachments? I can't eat a lot of food with my attachments, every sticks to them, lol. Hard too keep them clean without over brushing. I can't eat power bars for that reason. I clean my aligners every time I take them out. I am suppose to wear my aligners 22 hours. I have a hard time eating proteins lately, I get sick if I eat it. Not sure why? I eat a lot of plant based food.

Jolie - the last shots I got was a few weeks ago, they were gel shots not steroid shot. Last year, I had a few rounds of steroid shots in my knees, didn't do anything. I have spurs in both my knees. I use the Partella/knee sleeves nothing is working. My doctor told me if the gel shots not working they have to do surgery. My knees are bordering me for a long time. Great job today.

Have a great weekend.

I have been packing all day. I think the kickboxing was not a good idea for my neck and shoulders today. It hurts right now. CDorner works pretty fast in this and there were speed bags which always aggravates my neck and shoulders. For some reason I have always felt uncomfortable with them. I did like the workout though and she uses fun music in it.
I had to try out my new Cuisinart waffle maker tonight. I made some gluten free oat and yogurt waffles for dinner. It worked great. I was glad to get rid of the big George Forman Grill/waffle iron thing. I only use it for waffles and it would have take a large box to pack it.

Jolie, great workout today. I hope just going lighter and carefully you can build back up like you want to do. The workout yesterday was pretty good and I was pretty fatigued by that last round of one rep. The house we are moving to is across town and just a year old. It is about 20 miles from here. It is an energy efficient home with all kinds of extras and security cameras etc.. I will be using two bedrooms for my workout area. The bedrooms are smaller than my workout room here as it is over the whole garage. I think that I am going to put all of the items like Tread Climber, spin bike, and heavy bag in one and the weight equipment at other items in the other. We will put a murphy bed or something in the office on the other side of the house. I will have lots of space in the kitchen area for cooking:) Getting things packed and planning on closing on this house and that one and moving out all in one day is somewhat stressful though.

Belinda, my brother had the gel injections too and also had steroid injections. He has now had one knee replacement and is supposed to get another one, although he is having problems with insurance coverage. He said they were hurting so bad that he wanted to cry. Then he climbs in and out of big trucks he drives hauling stuff. Maybe it is sweeteners in the protein powders. I do not handle pea protein very well. I had brought some vanilla Bulletproof collagen and protein powder that really was giving me stomach cramps. When I went back and looked at the ingredients they had erythitol as well as the stevia in it. They tend to make their products way to sweet in my opinion. I thought it was just stevia when I purchased it. I like their joint formula of collagen as it has glucosamine and chondroitin as well as collagen, but it disagrees with me. It helps my joints but not my stomach.

I did xtrain supercuts today been a long time

My husband is in week 2 of knee replacement doing well I am glad because he needs the other done too!!

On top of everything else I got lock out of my Cathe account - so now I am back in!

I caved and bought Jessica's new program to give it a try. I'm going to use the 60 day money back guarantee seriously though - If I don't like it I'm going to ask for a refund!!

I did Day 1, Total Body Strength Compound Supersets yesterday. Its one big circuit repeated one time. So one time through gets you to 30 minutes almost on the dot. She says you can stop there for a 30 minute workout or go through it again. The music is almost like a yoga session track and like Jessica's typical style every movement is controlled - nothing fast or crazy. I think she's doing about 16-20 reps per exercise.

Circuit - Repeats 2x.

Pulsing Sumo - half reps from the bottom
Side sliding lunges (Right/Left)
Sprinters lunges (liked this one - almost like a SL squat) (Right/Left)
Glute Bridge Hamstring Slide in.
Release Push ups
Alternating chest press
Upper Back pulls (a combo between an upright row and a shoulder pull back)
squat and back pulls (good move)
scooping overhead press
Balance bicep curls (Balance on Right/Left)
Overhead tricep extensions
Plank knees
Cross Crunches

I used my landmine for some of this which I like when I can do that.

Today I did lots of packing and cleaning :) I was so sore this morning when I got up. I did Raw Get Up and Move 4 minutes and fun followed by CDorner Deep Stretch. I feel much better tonight. I sat on a stool that I had moved in my workout room and jumped up to run downstairs to see what my husband was saying and smacked my upper right back on the corner of the television. So many silly ways to injure oneself!! Friday I did something similar, except my husband had left his phone behind to go fix something at our church and called my phone, again downstairs and I cracked my head on an open cupboard. I ended up with a knot on my head along with achy upper back and neck. Today, no mishaps, but I was alone working and no school today. I just saw that Kelly put up a Box and Pump 4 workout. Not sure when I will be ready to do it.

Doreen, thanks for posting the workout format. Her yoga type music does not sound inspiring for weight circuits. The moves look good. I wish there was a bit more excitement about working out with Jessica Smith. She does good workouts that usually are safe to do and I don't injure myself doing them. I have used Walk Strong 3 quite a bit, but that is the dvds and are out on my shelf. If I had to go somewhere to pull up the downloads all of the time, I would probably forget to use them. I forget the ones I purchased on Amazon and downloaded. Then again I forget the dvds I have in the two carry cases and lean toward the ones sitting out or whatever streaming I am doing lately.

Rosaline, I am glad to hear your husband is doing well with his first knee replacement surgery. Nice work with X train super cuts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.