Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2021

Diane - I am sorry you are in pain again. I hope you feel better soon. What you think caused it? Maybe it's my immune system. Ever since I am on the meds for RP I haven't felt myself. My rheumatologist called me not to long ago, I called him but he was out of town. He said not to worry about my cholesterol being elevated. My cholesterol isn't so high that I need meds. I will see him in Aug. He knows I want to get off the meds for RP. We will discuss other medication. I am happy I got my test results so fast. I have amazing doctors :)

Jolie - thanks for you tip on vitamin. Before I take anything I have to run it by my rheumatologist first. Hope your back is feeling better. I did that the other day making my bed.

Today has to be a rest day, I am very tired! I could not fall asleep last night, I hate when that happens.

Roselyn, I will go on line and check out the new workouts on Beach Body, maybe we could sign up for something and do it together! I know you can do higher impact than I can so lets see what I could actually do now days!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Reactions: WD
Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics Ladies of the 80's, 65 minutes(a bit longer than it is as I went through the whole routine another time and had to stop several times since our lawn guy was here), 306 calories, heart rate 129/161, 5,593 steps. I then did Cathe Lite bonus pyramid biceps followed by some back and shoulder of my own which I will post, 22 minutes, 56 calories, heart rate 100/133. I finished with CDorner Neck and shoulder stretch 18 minutes, 23 calories and also did some lower body stretch and foam rolling.
Total time 1 hour 45 minutes, calories burned 385 calories.
Lite Biceps pyramid bonus
supination curl 8lb dbs, 10lb dbs, 12lb dbs, 10# dbs, 8#dbs 12,10,8,10,12 reps
super set with stability ball incline curls same weights
Back/shoulder my choices and very light
reverse flys 3 sets 5lb dbs, 10 reps; 8# dbs 10 reps; 8# dbs 10 reps
side lying rotation arm held tight to side(they use a towel to squeeze at PT) 3lb 10 reps right and 10 reps left 2 sets
Funny, using strength and sets, which I am still trying to get down, it picked up on the curls move, but somewhere it had me doing a set of sit ups, and and a set of rows, it had the rotator move as lateral raise. All in all it does pick up on movements though. You can edit it if you want, but I see not need to unless I am saving the workout in the database to do again. I did not check the steps for the other work today. It would not have been much.

Belinda, none of the meds leave me feeling like myself Sort of foggy half the time and not as energetic as I feel with none. That includes over the counter stuff as well like Advil, allegra, flonase. They all make a negative difference in how I feel overall. Wish I did not need anything. I rubbed Volteran(sp) over that side of my hand the last two days. I laughed though at them saying it can be used on hands, but then it specifically tells you to wash you hands after applying:confused: It seem to have helped. It still feels a little off today, but so far not like it has been. I think that maybe doing CDorners recent mobility where she had you turn your hands toward you instead of facing forward and moved back to an almost child's pose may have strained it. She held it for quite awhile and I had to pull out of it and try to loosen up my wrists. I think I mentioned that someone else must have said something because she said she was sorry and she went to some wrist loosening stuff. Probably not good for someone with joints that have problems. already. I hope that you enjoy your time with the pup.

Jolie,

Jolie, I know that feeling when not being able to sleep. I did better last night. My body battery was up to 76 this morning. Not optimal as far as energy. It went fast with my workout and running around with my husband today. The app says it may mean you need rest when it is low. I have had mornings when I only recharged to 35. Kind of a different way of scoring things, but it tracks sleep, activity, heart rate etc.. Works best if you use it consistently. I hope that you can find something that looks fun to do that is not high impact.

Roselyn, nice work on chest and tris today.

Good Evening,

I worked this morning then we went to the lake. BeachBody has a lot of new things coming MBF is really good and I am getting ready to start 645 or 630. You ladies will not be disappointed with any of these programs.

Good morning,

We went for a long walk with Cooper this morning. Now he is tired out, lol. I also did a stretch.

That's it for me today.

Roxie, I am thinking about doing Beach Body 10 Rounds, have your tried that workout and what are your thoughts. I love boxing workouts and I see that it incorporates weights and cardio and they are less than 45 minutes in length.

Today I went for a long walk at the beach, 2 hours, traveled 6.2 miles and burned 1008 calories. The weather is so cool today, a high of 74 degrees, it felt incredible. Heart rate was 136/189. I am looking into doing the BB 10 rounds workout, it is 6 weeks long and i want to do it along with my walking. Have any of you heard how it is?

Roselyn, What about 10 Rounds? Check it out on youtube.

Belinda, nice walk today!

Make it a great day.

Good Evening,

I got my workout room setup not sure I will leave it the way it is but it’s good enough for now. It rained here all morning and made it muggier than it has been.

Jolie-10 Rounds wasn’t my favorite it gets a little confusing unless you do the mirrored version and I don’t remember any weights being used in it.

This morning I did RAW Cardio Weight Tabata Intervals, I'm thinking this is the Tabata Intervals 1 and I did the Tabata Intervals 2 last week. I really liked this workout, I think I've done it before but I have no workout sheets for it. I made one today. The workout is 40 minutes so not bad and again, I really enjoyed it. Noelle is in the workout with Kelly.

20 seconds on, 10 seconds off with 8 rounds in each set alternating weights and cardio.

Round 1
High Pulls:
12's
Squat Pulse 3/Kick (one side at a time)

Round 2
Hip Cleans:
12's
Skaters

Round 3
Push/Press:
12's
Shuffle/Jacks

Round 4
Hang Clean/Squats:
12's
Monkey Crawl (I did side to side tires)

Round 5
Deads/Dumbbell Curls:
12's
Knee Slap/Cross Punch (one side at a time)

Round 6
Plank/DownDog
Supermans
(I did Face Plant Pushups and Knee Pushups)

Round 7
Crunch
Bridges

Workout was 44 minutes, burned 197 calories, did 1761 steps and HR was 104/157.

I also walked on my treadmill for 30 minutes, burned 177 calories, went 1.42 miles (TM said 1.5 which is what it should have been), did 3442 steps and HR was 109/126.

I am going in at 2:15 to see if they can take my blood today. Geez, this better work this time or they can just pay me back. Frustrating.

Belinda - I will start the FOK plan on Wednesday. I do my grocery shopping on Friday so if the give me new plans each Wednesday that gives me time to plan for Friday. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks for the info on the free weeks/months. I still think I'll do it monthly for a couple months, I have quite a bit on my credit card right now since me and my DH got new cell phones. So once that is paid off and I decide I want to continue the FOK plan, I will go for the year. I am looking forward to it.

Jolie - I cannot believe your doctors office called and asked you that about the vaccine and then said you couldn't go there if you didn't get vaccinated. I would have dropped them like a hot potato and found a new doctor. Screw that. So far my doctor hasn't done that to me. I doubt they will here in Ohio. Great job on your workouts this weekend!!

Diane - You're right, getting old is not fun. My cousins are a bit older than me and they are starting to go through all kinds of health issues. However, none of them workout or eat right so I sort of understand it. I'm blessed that the only health issues I seem to have are muscle related. Still not fun, though. I'm still having a tricep issue with my left arm, it was really hurting this morning but then I stood next to a wall, put my elbow on the wall (sort of like a tricep stretch but sideways) and then rubbed under the belly of my tricep. The one muscle that runs along the arm is always so sore and it hurt pretty bad when I was trying to rub it out. However, it does not hurt now and felt good during my workout. Very strange, I don't know why it won't just heal. I want to do that Ladies of the 80's workout, was the music good in it? I wish it wasn't an hour, I really don't like doing hour long step workouts anymore. 45 minutes is perfect. LOL!

Roxie - You can always move stuff around in your workout room as you do workouts and see what you need or reach for a lot. Glad you have it set up, how are you liking your new hours?

Gotta get going, I have another busy week. I'm going back to work next Thursday. I can't believe my summer is almost gone. :( I really don't want to go back to work, wish I could just stay home.

Today I woke up and it was raining!!! What the hell, as the song goes, "It never rains in California," at least in the summer!!! I love that it has cooled down but boy is it humid for our area. I did a weight workout this morning, CL Upper Body Bootcamp and loved it, I know I have done this before because I remember certain phrases Cathe uses in some of her workouts. This is a high rep workout using the ball so it is slower paced and laid out really good. You do the whole workout and your thinking , this is a nice short workout and then she says, "ok, lets do the whole thing again but instead of 3 exercises and a core or ab exercise, let's just do two exercises per body part and an AB exercise. The workout was 1 hour and I burned 401 calories. Heart rate was 116/156. I stretched my legs afterwards, my left hamstring is getting tight. I was going to walk 2 miles afterwards but the rain put a damper on that idea and I didnt want to walk on my TM in my humid garage. FYI Beach Body has a sale right now for just over $8 per month, I may sign up to try some new workouts.

Debbie, nice workout today, that looks like a great workout. I am trying to figure out what I want to do going forward, I am looking at a BB workout called 10 rounds, but I am not sure yet. They have a full length sample workout on Youtube so I might try that first to see if I like it before I sign up.

Roxie, If I decide to sign up for BB, do I sign up under you somehow or just do it myself. I think you told us you were a coach?

Belinda, Nice job getting the walk done! I love walking but now I am thinner but soft looking :( I have to start lifting at least two days per week, even if it is lite weights.

BBL to read the posts after me. Have a great day.

Today I did CDorner Cardio Kickboxing and Dance tabata mash up (best of) 47 mnutes, 276 calories, heart rate 147/187, 3,931 steps. This is a fun workout that is made up of several of her workouts alternates kickboxing with hip hop dance tabata which is really not much like dance all though some movement that way. I have done this one before and enjoyed it and the music was fun. I also did the 15 minute lower body stretch for tight legs and hips, 28 calories and finishing with the foam rolling upper and hips doing upper only. I don't count the foam rolling, it has just worked wonders for my lat/trap area and my neck has not hurt near as much. My thumb is still having issues. It took me a long time to get to my workout today as I was dealing with getting documents to our benefits program. Lots of calls later, I finally got it to work by using a different email address. Then it starts raining with high winds, One of our doors flew open and announced it was open just as I heard glass hit the ground on the patio. We have siding from some of the new homes that they are building lying in our back yard and water is rushing down the street. So sudden and now it has let up. I couldn't see through the rain and it made me think about the time I watched our fence fall slow motion and part of it flew off somewhere years ago. I guess I really need to open up that shelter under my car and see if it needs cleaned or something. Although it woke up my husband and e came in and said maybe a tornado and I just shrugged. It really does not scare me that much.

Roxie, I have made adjustments several times in my workout rooms. I still keep looking for other options to give more space and storage for convenience.

Belinda, good job on the walk this morning.

Debbie, great workout today. The ladies of the 80's was fun, although I would rather hear guys of the 80's myself. There is a nerve that runs clear up the arm. I think when the muscles are sore it causes some inflammation and puts pressure on that nerve. I don't think that they will push the vaccine here like some areas either. Although you sure see them advertising. I went on Nextdoor neighbor for my area and they were pushing people to get the vaccine so we can stamp out the pandemic :rolleyes: It gets ridiculous because then they are pushing for extra boosters and I heard of one guy that got a 3rd dose of the vaccine and had such a bad reaction when they mentioned a 4th (why?) he said no way. Somehow they really want to keep this thing going.

Jolie, nice work on upper body today. CDorner's workout was upper today so I just did cardio that has some abs at the end. I keep trying to fit in lower body stretching, but it gets ignored some as I go more for upper to keep that pain at bay. My right hip keeps hurting and my hamstrings were tight today so I thought I better get some in. One thing about the rain it cools things down. I am sure it will be sweltering tomorrow with high humidity here. It is supposed to get in upper 90's and 100 Sunday.

Hi,

PT went well today. She did another ultrasound therapy, more on my shoulder today. She also gave me more exercises/stretches to do. She still doesn't want me to go any higher than 3# :( I can use bands. At least something.

Barre 14 (LB) is done. This one was a burner.

Debbie - no problem! Try it out first and see how you like it. You still can use the link if you sign up for the monthly, who knows maybe they will give you a month free. I went grocery shopping after PT. I am all set for this week.

Diane - nice job today. How are you feeling today?

Jolie - have fun figuring out which BB program you want to do. I highly recommend Lift 4. One of my favorite BB programs.

Roselyn - have fun with your workout today.

Roxie - have fun figuring out where everything goes in your workout room.

Have a great evening. I am getting my hair done tomorrow. Looking forward spending time with DD :)

Good Evening,

Long trip coming home tonight slow vehicles and not able to pass.

Jolie-you can put me in as your coach it’s under RoxieToburen.

I have been really good this month and I'm so proud of myself. I've done cardio (IMAX2 and 4; Low Impact Challenge; Cardio Party; Lower Body Blast, Perfect 30 HIIT, etc.) and one or more Cathe muscle building/strength dvds 6 days/week every week. I try to do STS Total Body once per week and I work my core everyday. I am amazed at how much stronger I am from last November when I started working out consistently again. I went through the STS system and I will probably do another 3.5 month round beginning the middle of September. I have lost 17 lbs. since January and most of that has been in the last 2 or 3 months when I got serious about what I was eating. Today I did Cathe Cardio Party, Perfect 30 HIIT and Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps. I used the same weights Cathe did except for the bicep barbell curls. I did 30lbs. and Cathe does 35. Yesterday, I did Low Impact Challenge and STS Disc 23 Legs. My legs are so much stronger and so much more defined. I can keep up with my 5 year old grandson . . . well, sometimes but I don't get short of breath playing with him. I am in awe of you ladies and all you have accomplished. I read mighty impressive stuff on here and it motivates me to do even better.

This morning I did CDorner's Best of Cardio Kickboxing and Dance Tabata, the one Diane did yesterday. OMG, what a lot of fun. And it is about 35 minutes with a 10 minute ab at the end. I did some of the ab but then got vertigo when I was on the floor plus my cat was messing around with my hair and clips and driving me crazy. I need to remember to shut my workout room door before I do ab work, he always does that. How many of you hate doing ab work anymore? I remember when I loved doing ab work, now I despise it. Sort of glad I got vertigo, but that doesn't help my midsection any. I need to pull out some of the ab workouts I loved doing back in the day. Remembering which workouts they are on would be a challenge. LOL!

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 268 calories, did 3942 steps and HR was 114/172. My HR really did get up that high, I was really working hard with this one. I will be doing this one again. I liked the music in the kickboxing workout part but the dance music in the tabata one was just ok. Not a big hip hop fan. But still, very fun workout. I love tabata workouts. I used to hate them, now I love them. Funny how our tastes change.

Jolie - I think CA needs rain right now, I wish it would rain everywhere out there so those fires go out. We've had so much rain here this summer it's ridiculous. My backyard is a pond. So sad how CA has those fires each year. Such a waste of trees, land and homes. Makes me sad. I remember that bootcamp workout, I remember I thought I was done and then she said we were going to do it over again. I'm like SERIOUSLY! LOL! I think I need to stay away from Cathe, which I hate to say, but I seem to continually get injured when I do her workouts. Not quite sure why? Anyways, great job!!! Like Belinda, I loved the Lift 4 workouts on BB. That is a great series. I think you'd like it.

Diane - Wow on that weather you got, it does sound like a tornado or streamline winds. Scary stuff, high winds always freak me out. I love thunderstorms, but when high winds are involved, not so much. Glad you are ok. Great job with your workout, did that one today. It is fun. The foam roller workout you did, did you just do it yourself or was it a Chris workout? Just curious. The roller does wonders for me as well. My thumbs hurt me sometimes but lately they have been ok. Since I've been taking the Marine Collagen I've noticed they don't hurt much anymore. I had a hard time opening jars, that sucked. I'm good now, though. I also prefer 80's music by guys although Pat Benatar and Heart are always a favorite for me. I heard some Berlin songs this morning and I love that group as well.

Belinda - I hope your shoulder is doing better, glad the PT seems to be helping. That is what I liked about the week I tried FOK was it was so easy buying food. However, I had apple juice on my list and never used it. I wonder what it was for? LOL!

Roxie - I hate when people can't just drive the speed limit. Why is that so hard? And when you can't pass, that is just so annoying!!

Suzie - Welcome and wow on all your workouts. Great job on losing all that weight, you are really doing well!! Hope you keep posting here. :)

Have a great day everyone, I'm taking my step daughter out to lunch today. Hope there isn't too much drama with her gong on. Always seems to be! LOL!

Today I went for a LONG walk outside in the hills around my house and it damn near killed me. The humidity is high but there are clouds to keep it a bit cooler so that helped a lot. Walk was 1 hour 55 minutes, traveled 5.9 miles, heart rate was 141/179 and I burned 1,044 calories. My feet are really sore and swollen from the humidity. I ordered new shoes and they are supposed to come today, I got the Brooks Glycerin, I hope they fit, my shoes now are getting really worn out. I think that I will have no problems falling asleep tonight!

Debbie, great workout today, I am so glad you enjoyed it! We always have fires, a lot of it is arson but also some are from lightning strikes and things like that. Believe it or not, it is good sometimes for the forests to burn, it causes new and better trees to come in, but also it can be very sad, especially the big fires. My son is coming home this week, the air quality in Reno NV is so bad they are saying to stay in doors. I am not sure what to do for my next workouts, maybe just keep doing what I am doing till Fall because it is working, I am getting lean and I am not hurting myself as much. I am kind of just getting board with the weight workouts, the walks I love. I miss boxing and kickboxing that is why I was looking at 10 rounds on BB. Not sure what to do.

Belinda, nice walk and workout today. I will check out Lift4 today. I know Debbie did it a few years back and always said great things about it. I kind of want some sort of boxing workout to work the upper body more.

Suzie, Welcome and wow, you certainly have done some impressive workouts!!! You will find that us "Old Girls" are fighting with some seriously injuries lately so our workouts wont be as impressive as yours till we all recover.

Roxie, thanks for your coaching name, I will certainly use it if I finally figure out what i want to do going forward for workouts.

Diane Sue, great workout yesterday, I will be checking that one out for sure!

Have a wonderful day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.